Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

Yooo I feel REALLY BAD for Tipsarevic. Dude got his heart ripped out of him. Such a gut-wrenching L right there....

Yooo I feel REALLY BAD for Tipsarevic. Dude got his heart ripped out of him. Such a gut-wrenching L right there....

Them Williams sisters...they some damn champions 
laugh.gif

Gilles Simon has taken Fed to the distance! 5th set!

Simon has never lost to Fed and is 2-0! LOL!
a12ad3ef61924e2984154f0f7a8fdd27-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg
80fd799d15eece180c5b27ca030eecec-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg

Gilles Simon has taken Fed to the distance! 5th set!

Simon has never lost to Fed and is 2-0! LOL!
a12ad3ef61924e2984154f0f7a8fdd27-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg
80fd799d15eece180c5b27ca030eecec-getty-tennis-open-aus.jpg

SIMON!!!

I wanna see Fed out early and open up the whole tournament

C'mon Gilles

Fed really not looking like the old Fed we know out there, hitting a bunch of long balls and his backhand just isn't in form (well since the 2nd set)...

Remember Fed looked like crap about a year/year and a half ago and everyone thought he could be done...looking like that form is reemerging now, this game will be very big to Fed for the rest of the year now...

Odds were outrageous on Simon too and I'm an idiot for not getting on him

Simon playing with a ton of confidence though, if he can break Fed first it might be over

SIMON!!!

I wanna see Fed out early and open up the whole tournament

C'mon Gilles

Fed really not looking like the old Fed we know out there, hitting a bunch of long balls and his backhand just isn't in form (well since the 2nd set)...

Remember Fed looked like crap about a year/year and a half ago and everyone thought he could be done...looking like that form is reemerging now, this game will be very big to Fed for the rest of the year now...

Odds were outrageous on Simon too and I'm an idiot for not getting on him

Simon playing with a ton of confidence though, if he can break Fed first it might be over

Great match by Simon...Fed comes through with the clutch ace to close out the match

Love the Aussie Open, can't wait for Baghdatis vs Del Potro tonight...got Baggy in that one

Great match by Simon...Fed comes through with the clutch ace to close out the match

Love the Aussie Open, can't wait for Baghdatis vs Del Potro tonight...got Baggy in that one

Yeah, tremendous effort by Simon... damn shame he lost, cuz seeing him fightback down 3 match points on his own serve was incredible. He certainly deserved to win it just as much.

I don't think JMDP's there yet... probably needs more matchplay to get the fitness and rhythm back. Give it some time.
EDIT ~ Not Aussie Open news, but I've been a fan of his since 1991, so naturally I'm very happy for him.  
happy.gif

Agassi to be Inducted into International Tennis Hall of Fame

Yeah, tremendous effort by Simon... damn shame he lost, cuz seeing him fightback down 3 match points on his own serve was incredible. He certainly deserved to win it just as much.

I don't think JMDP's there yet... probably needs more matchplay to get the fitness and rhythm back. Give it some time.
EDIT ~ Not Aussie Open news, but I've been a fan of his since 1991, so naturally I'm very happy for him.  
happy.gif

Agassi to be Inducted into International Tennis Hall of Fame

im eager to see this teenager get humbled by nadal on saturday. i usually pull for good matches but hes been coming off as annoying lately
laugh.gif

im eager to see this teenager get humbled by nadal on saturday. i usually pull for good matches but hes been coming off as annoying lately
laugh.gif

Tough break for Venus... but realistically, looking at what happened the other day, this was inevitable.
The booing idiots...
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway, that first set really took a lot out of Monfils... and anytime you lose such a close, hard-fought set, it also takes a lot out of you mentally. Good match though, nonetheless.
And what's the deal with this Tomic kid?  The new up and rising Oz star?  Why is he annoying?

Tough break for Venus... but realistically, looking at what happened the other day, this was inevitable.
The booing idiots...
30t6p3b.gif

Anyway, that first set really took a lot out of Monfils... and anytime you lose such a close, hard-fought set, it also takes a lot out of you mentally. Good match though, nonetheless.
And what's the deal with this Tomic kid?  The new up and rising Oz star?  Why is he annoying?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

The booing idiots...
30t6p3b.gif

i was thinking the same thing about monfils.

tomic has a reputation of being a crybaby, he hates night matches because they are past his bed time. (he actually said that last year or the year before
laugh.gif
)
Hewitt wanted to practice with him and son's trainer said "youre not good enough for him"
eyes.gif

hes very spoiled and he just wants his way.

i pull a lot for young talent and i wish him the best, but i wish dude was more humble
laugh.gif
. I dont hate him as much as i dont take him seriously, i like to watch tennis so if he can create a good match with rafa, i aint even mad.

its a shame for what happened to williams, hope she recovers fast.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

The booing idiots...
30t6p3b.gif

i was thinking the same thing about monfils.

tomic has a reputation of being a crybaby, he hates night matches because they are past his bed time. (he actually said that last year or the year before
laugh.gif
)
Hewitt wanted to practice with him and son's trainer said "youre not good enough for him"
eyes.gif

i pull a lot for young talent and i wish him the best, but i wish dude was more humble
laugh.gif
. I dont hate him as much as i dont take him seriously, i like to watch tennis so if he can create a good match with rafa, i aint even mad.

its a shame for what happened to williams, hope she recovers fast.

Adrian1221 wrote:

laugh.gif
)
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Oh 
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

After reading your post, I went on to read more about this kid... wow.  The kid is responsible for his actions, but equal blame should probably also be placed on his crew... he needs better guidance.  

Blaming his loss cuz it was a nightmatch?  Damn.  
laugh.gif

And despite all this, the Aussies still support him?

Adrian1221 wrote:

laugh.gif
)
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Oh 
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif

After reading your post, I went on to read more about this kid... wow.  The kid is responsible for his actions, but equal blame should probably also be placed on his crew... he needs better guidance.  

Blaming his loss cuz it was a nightmatch?  Damn.  
laugh.gif

And despite all this, the Aussies still support him?

[h2]Video: Maria Sharapova finds dead spot on Australian Open court[/h2]
By Chris Chase

ept_sports_ten_experts-141233530-1295625281.jpg

While warming up for her third-round Australian Open match, Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova noticed a bouncy spot on the court. "It was a little bit strange," she said. "I thought Nike had put some extra cushioning in my shoes!"

The chair umpire came out to inspect the area and tried to bounce a ball on the spot. The result has to be seen to be believed:

The ball doesn't bounce at all! It's completely absorbed by the court. There's no upward movement at all. I just tried dropping a tennis ball on a soft pillow and there was at least a little. That one simply died, like it was caught by one of those velcro paddles you see people playing with on the beach.

What happened is that the stifling temperatures in Melbourne caused a heat bubble filled with air to form under the surface of the court. It's the same concept that causes crust bubbles to develop on edges of pizza slices. As the Mirror reported, workers came out and drilled two small holes in the court, which let out the air. Order, and gravity, was restored.

Sharapova went on to win the match, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 to advance to the fourth round.

[h2]Video: Maria Sharapova finds dead spot on Australian Open court[/h2]
By Chris Chase

ept_sports_ten_experts-141233530-1295625281.jpg

While warming up for her third-round Australian Open match, Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova noticed a bouncy spot on the court. "It was a little bit strange," she said. "I thought Nike had put some extra cushioning in my shoes!"

The chair umpire came out to inspect the area and tried to bounce a ball on the spot. The result has to be seen to be believed:

The ball doesn't bounce at all! It's completely absorbed by the court. There's no upward movement at all. I just tried dropping a tennis ball on a soft pillow and there was at least a little. That one simply died, like it was caught by one of those velcro paddles you see people playing with on the beach.

What happened is that the stifling temperatures in Melbourne caused a heat bubble filled with air to form under the surface of the court. It's the same concept that causes crust bubbles to develop on edges of pizza slices. As the Mirror reported, workers came out and drilled two small holes in the court, which let out the air. Order, and gravity, was restored.

Sharapova went on to win the match, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 to advance to the fourth round.

Back
Top Bottom