Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

Damn, man, tragic, stunning news: Paul Williams was injured in a motorcycle accident Sunday night. He's likely paralyzed
http://realcombatmedia.co...ist-motorcycle-accident/

Completly ruined my day.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I hope this is blessing in disguise and we get Lara vs Alvarez or Kirkland vs Alvarez.

I sincerely hope you just worded this wrong, that you were trying to say something other than a young man  possibly being wheelchair bound for life is a blessing because now you'll get to see a better match up in a boxing match.

Man I just heard the worst news ever. Former Middleweight champion Paul Williams is paralyzed from with waist down following a major motorcycle accident. Prayers are sent to his family and himself for a speedy recovery. He's been a favorite fighter of mine since he became a boxer, I hope he can recover and live a healthy life.

Originally Posted by el producto79

I hope this is blessing in disguise and we get Lara vs Alvarez or Kirkland vs Alvarez.

I sincerely hope you just worded this wrong, that you were trying to say something other than a young man  possibly being wheelchair bound for life is a blessing because now you'll get to see a better match up in a boxing match.
Of course I am sad about this. But I am saying that this may be a wake up call to boxers, managers, promoters, whoever that they need to stop lollygagging and make these matches happen before some sh*t like this happen to the fighters.

Originally Posted by el producto79

Of course I am sad about this. But I am saying that this may be a wake up call to boxers, managers, promoters, whoever that they need to stop lollygagging and make these matches happen before some sh*t like this happen to the fighters.
Nah, bruh. This is bigger than boxing. My guy will NEVER BE ABLE TO WALK AGAIN.

Pun is a champion. I'm praying that he does walk again...even if isn't to a boxing ring.

Dan Rafael from Twitter: "Manager George Peterson says docs say he'll never walk again."

Really sad and disheartening to hear things like that. I really think he had a chance to get back to the top as a title winner too. People will probably only remember the Martinez fights and the Lara decision in this 'what have you done lately' world, but he beat Margarito in his prime (while he could've been cheating), and outclassed Winky Wright in a way no one had been able to before. He never got that big opportunity bc everyone ducked him, and when he was on the cusp he got caught 1 time by Sergio. It's a real shame if this is how things end, not just for his career, but his life.

Don't want to talk about him in the past tense, bc hopefully he does recover and can live a happy and fulfilling life, but I had a lot of respect for him and enjoyed watching PW fight. He had all the tools to be a boring, jab and stay outside fighter like Wladimir with his size and reach, but probably at his own disadvantage, he was always went inside and trying to slug it out and make a good fight. Ironically, I always thought the same thing about Corrales, who also had a horrible motorcycle accident. I usually don't care for athletes I don't know at all, but I feel pretty bad about this.

Blessing in disguise?
You think a great boxer in Paul Williams getting paralyzed from the waist down is a blessing in disguise?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

This is sad news and I pray for him and his family, but it was his choice to get on that bike. He knows what risk riding a motorcycle entails. Same goes for the guys recently caught for taking illegal substances, they know the risk. These are professional athletes, they know their body is their asset. But choose to do it anyway. When lady luck doesn't go their way just one time, it's a wrap.  

thats crazy, You can get in an accident in any type of vehicle. Just because he was riding a bike doesnt mean its his fault the accident occurred. I had a bike when I was younger and its scary how many people dont see you on the road. From the reports he was moving out of the way due to another car. Damn shame man, I wish him the best with his recovery

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

thats crazy, You can get in an accident in any type of vehicle. Just because he was riding a bike doesnt mean its his fault the accident occurred. I had a bike when I was younger and its scary how many people dont see you on the road. From the reports he was moving out of the way due to another car. Damn shame man, I wish him the best with his recovery
I don't think anyone's saying he was at fault in the accident, but that he shouldn't have been riding the bike to begin with, partly for the reason that you alluded to (people don't see you on the road). You can get in a crash in any vehicle, but bike crashes are more often catastrophic. 

Back
Top Bottom