Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

I really don't see how Martinez beats chavez jr... Martinez doesnt have any defense and as we have seen in the past he gets hit ALOT.. Don't think he can take Chavez jr shots all night and jr has taken bigger punchs then Martinez.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I really don't see how Martinez beats chavez jr... Martinez doesnt have any defense and as we have seen in the past he gets hit ALOT.. Don't think he can take Chavez jr shots all night and jr has taken bigger punchs then Martinez.
Against who? Martinez will be the strongest puncher Chavez has been in the ring with, if the fight does happen.

Originally Posted by Boogiexdown

Is it official that both fights are on the same night?

Not yet.  Don't count on it though.  Arum/DLP are all about making money, they won't do something that'll cost both a lot of cash.

Originally Posted by maddog345

Against who? Martinez will be the strongest puncher Chavez has been in the ring with, if the fight does happen.
Martinez fought better opponents such as Pavlik who is a strong puncher and P-Williams gave Sergio a good fight (1st)
JCC hasn't fought anyone like Sergio i think JCC has a very good chin, but he will lose a decision or late ko if Sergio is motivated to get a KO like in his last fight which he surely will.

I can't see any other outcome than Martinez outworking JCC and winning an easy decision. Let's say ideally for him, JCC comes into the fight heavy again and isn't affected by Sergio's punches. I still really can't see him cutting off the ring and catching him with anything. Sergio is too fast for him. I actually thought for parts of the Pavlik fight, Pavlik as the bigger man looked like he could've won easily if he worked behind his jab, but he never stuck with it. JCC has nowhere near the jab of Pavlik or boxing skills of PW to compete. He's pretty one dimensional; a flat footed pressure fighter that needs to slow the other guy down. I'm not even rooting against him, bc I like seeing fighters like him develop, but I really don't see him being on that level at all yet.

I also think the competing ppv idea is horrible for boxing.

Martinez said if Canelo don't switch the date after he's done with JCCJR, he's gonna lose weight & fight Canelo at 154 & take his belt..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Finally Martinez gets his time to shine.

link?
The most ducked fighter is getting some shine. All it took was May behind bars and Pac taking an L.

Arum will budge.

I'm still not fully convinced he wants Chavez in with Martinez.

GBP has had that date for the last 3 years...they aren't switching it. And I expect them to put on a better undercard than Top Rank would...

I better NEVER see Mike Jones or Randall Bailey on a PPV again.

After that knock out bailey got himself 2 more Ppv spots lol

See y'all bums in a few days. Surgery 1st thing In the morning, should be back to miss spelling and *@$% talking by Friday

Good luck Big Mike
pimp.gif
speedy recovery!

Ortiz vs Canelo is interesting I'm curious how Ortiz will look at 154, and Canelo is going against a young fighter with something to prove.

See y'all bums in a few days. Surgery 1st thing In the morning, should be back to miss spelling and $@#+ talking by Friday

This is how we know you havent had surgery yet.

Best of luck with your surgery, though, BigMike.

Not sure if this was posted already, or if anyone cares, but anyway 
nerd.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Pacquiao-Bradley furor reaches Senate[/h1]Giving voice to the outrage over Timothy Bradley's controversial split decision over Manny Pacquiao, two senators introduced legislation Monday that would create a special boxing commission to oversee all matches in the United States and restore integrity to the sport.

Under the legislation, all referees and judges participating in a championship or a professional fight lasting 10 rounds or more would have to be fully registered and licensed by the commission. A sanctioning organization could provide the names of judges and referees it considers qualified for that caliber bout, but only the commission could appoint judges and referees to participate in the matches.

Read the rest here: link

They should just launch an investigation against Arum and the judges and then take them to court, like they did with Clemens and Bonds
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jay23oth

Martinez said if Canelo don't switch the date after he's done with JCCJR, he's gonna lose weight & fight Canelo at 154 & take his belt..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Finally Martinez gets his time to shine.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Like a Boss.  Better late then never.  Sergio getting old.  Next 3 years he better take all the big fights he can get.  He might as well beat JCC go beat Canelo see if he can fight Manny or May...if he wins (against either or both)....retire.

See y'all bums in a few days. Surgery 1st thing In the morning, should be back to miss spelling and *@$% talking by Friday
Best of luck, hope that everything goes well for u

Today is a most HOLY day indeed
hihi.gif

As it's the 32nd anniversary of the most momentous day in boxing history
pimp.gif

When equally matched & on a fair & level playing field the better man & better all round boxer prevailed & what makes this victory one of the greatest of all time is that Duran was a blown up lightweight who really should have been in the twilight of his career & he stepped up & whipped the P4P Goldenboy with an incredible display of boxing nous/guts & determination too totally nullify & stupify SRL.
sick.gif
glasses.gif

Never at any time during that fight did SRL look the winner or as if was going to be the winner
eusa_snooty.gif

He fought out of his skin because he had too, he was fighting for his life in there & a most desperate battle for his own survival indeed. When have you ever seen SRL chased & harried across the ring from piller to post like a frantic antelope desperate to escape the relentless pursuit of a rabid hyena.

leonardvduran1newyork.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Good luck BigMike.

I had to unfollow Dan Rafael on twitter, I just couldnt take it anymore.

Word, I followed rafael sometime last year and within a week I unfollowed him.

Best of Luck Mike. get well quick bruh

In the aftermath of the fight, WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel, whose organization sanctioned the title match, said he would have five judges review the video of the bout. On Wednesday, the results of that review were released. The five judges, whom Valcarcel said are accomplished judges with world title experience -- but whose names were not disclosed -- scored the fight for Pacquiao, 118-110, 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 and 115-113.

Lol at the scores.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.co...e&id=54224#ixzz1yUOsuWfA
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Multiple sources have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that former champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0, 16KOs), and Las Vegas based promotional firm Top Rank, have settled their legal dispute.

In March, Top Rank filed a federal lawsuit in the state of Nevada against Gamboa. The promotional company was seeking to recover damages due to an alleged "breach of contract" by Gamboa.Gamboa, moving up by two weight divisions, was scheduled to fight Brandon Rios (29-0-1, 22KOs) in an HBO televised main event on April 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. However, Gamboa no-showed press conferences in Miami and Los Angeles - and he refused to move forward with the fight, citing differences with his promoters Top Rank and Ahmet Oner of Arena Box.

As a result of Gamboa's position, a deal was finalized for Rios to face WBA interim-lightweight champion Richard Abril (17-2-1, 8KOs). According to Top Rank's legal papers, they satisfied several of Gamboa's demands - including monetary advances totaling $70,000, the scheduling of a press conference in his hometown of Miami, and agreeing to provide the Cuban boxer with four times his contract minimum to fight Rios.

Earlier today, Top Rank filed a stipulation to dismiss the case against Gamboa. According to the lawyers for both sides, a "satisfactory" resolution was reached. However, there is a confidentiality agreement and because of that neither side is disclosing the terms of the settlement.

The big question is Gamboa's contractual status. According to various sources with knowledge of the details, Gamboa and Top Rank have agreed to go their separate ways. Reportedly, Gamboa bought out his contract for an undisclosed sum but I've heard from sources connected with the fighter that it didn't come cheap.

Based on Gamboa's close relationship with Floyd Mayweather Jr., I would expect him to sign a contract with Mayweather Promotions.

Nothing has been officially confirmed with Top Rank or Gamboa. But, BoxingScene was told that Top Rank will make an official statement regarding Gamboa on Friday.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Gamboa is free from Beelzebub Arum!
eek.gif
Almost similar to what Floyd had to do to get away from Bob Arum.
Had to buyout his contract and that didn't come cheap.

(Floyd or Goldenboy probably fronted him the money tho)

pimp.gif

Told y'all it could be done though.

So Floyd loses that bum Jessie Vargas to TR, but could walk away (Well...he's not going anywhere right now) with Gamboa. I'll take that trade...

Back
Top Bottom