Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

very weird, received some early pairs and they where these sizes, we normally don't get anything bigger than a 13

^^^ me being a size 14 I'm hoping that means this is a wider release. Not digging how the bigger pairs have that banana shape.

Last edited:
This release is the calm before the storm....EVERYONE Has their eyes on the BRED 11's and stealth foams especially resellers...this release will be a cakewalk compared to whats coming the following week... and by a cakewalk I don't mean easy cop... I mean cakewalk compared to the BRED's...
mean.gif
everyone finds money in december... year end bonuses, credit card spending gift giving.  I saw an elderly couple in footlocker trying to buy some shoes for their grandson 3 days after the BRED 4 release..they were too late but the grandma picked up a pair of cheap brand jordans on sale and told her husband "ALL he said he wanted was a pair of AIR Jordan's for Christmas."  The husband who was kinda skeptical was like maybe we should find out for sure, and being in denial she was looking at all the on sale jordans that were on clearance and continued arguing him down.  I didn't have the heart to interrupt some people I didn't know and tell them it's not that easy... some highschooler is going to open a box for Christmas and be pissed....

Last edited:
This release is the calm before the storm....EVERYONE Has their eyes on the BRED 11's and stealth foams especially resellers...this release will be a cakewalk compared to whats coming the following week... and by a cakewalk I don't mean easy cop... I mean cakewalk compared to the BRED's...
mean.gif
everyone finds money in december... year end bonuses, credit card spending gift giving.  I saw an elderly couple in footlocker trying to buy some shoes for their grandson 3 days after the BRED 4 release..they were too late but the grandma picked up a pair of cheap brand jordans on sale and told her husband "ALL he said he wanted was a pair of AIR Jordan's for Christmas."  The husband who was kinda skeptical was like maybe we should find out for sure, and being in denial she was looking at all the on sale jordans that were on clearance and continued arguing him down.  I didn't have the heart to interrupt some people I didn't know and tell them it's not that easy... some highschooler is going to open a box for Christmas and be pissed....
LMAO!!!

Looking like an easy cop... Going to be 1 expensive December... Bred 11, Thunder 4, and Cool Grey IX

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THESE ARE SUPER GR'S. MOST STORES WILL RECEIVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF THESE. WELL, AT LEAST I CAN SPEAK FOR FINISHLINE.

DAMN, PATTI I DIDN'T KNOW PEOPLE LINED UP FOR GS SIZES. :lol: :lol:

MY GIRL HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET HER GS SIZE NO PROBLEM, WEEKS, SOMETIMES MONTHS AFTER THE FACT.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THESE ARE SUPER GR'S. MOST STORES WILL RECEIVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF THESE. WELL, AT LEAST I CAN SPEAK FOR FINISHLINE.
MY GIRL HAS BEEN ABLE TO GET HER GS SIZE NO PROBLEM, WEEKS, SOMETIMES MONTHS AFTER THE FACT.

If only it was that easy here in LA, bro.
GS go fast within the malls, maybe even swapmeets. Haha.
A shoe like the IX's maybe will sit for about a week or 2...but after a month? I don't think so.... Not in LA at least.

maaaaaaaaan, down in here in Dallas it's not so much "line up" but people are in line and cop for their kids etc. I remember I thought flints were going to be easy, I went to the Finishline later on that day and all they had left was like the little, little sizes... 6, 6.5 were gone. Sometimes I get lucky and I'm able to stroll in during the day but 9s have been selling out. Only 9s I see on shelves are the photo blues really.

All in all I may still try to walk in cop and just sell a pair back, but I'm not tryna be assed out. Better safe than sorry. I actually want these more than Breds. Hell I don't even want Bred 11s

Was going to pick these up today but once I saw the tongue was leather instead of the original mesh these became an easy pass. I loved to mesh sock feeling of the 9, leather killed it for me. Goodluck to those chasing these.

Was going to pick these up today but once I saw the tongue was leather instead of the original mesh these became an easy pass. I loved to mesh sock feeling of the 9, leather killed it for me. Goodluck to those chasing these.
The only way you could of determined that was by feeling the texture of the shoe. am i correct, if so how can people tell the diffrence when they see it? im still coping leather or pleather

The only way you could of determined that was by feeling the texture of the shoe. am i correct, if so how can people tell the diffrence when they see it? im still coping leather or pleather

Not sure what you're asking. The tongue that is usually mesh is now leather. I don't like the leather, the mesh tongue was my favorite detail of the 9. Please clarify what you're asking...

Wasn't it always leather? And not mesh? I left my '02's somewhere in the garage so I sorta forgot..... my '02s got beat after wearing them through my high school years and then from '04-09

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom