Official 2012 "Cool Grey IX" Retro Thread December 15th

Nah, Eastbay is just slow in blacking out the sizes online.  They won't let you add to cart.
i was able to add a size to my cart this am. i didnt tho cause i honestly dont fool with the cg IX. but there were sizes and they had a couple of the black/red IVs too.
What sizes in the Black Cements?  I saw like an 8.5 and a 10 I think last night but same thing, no add to cart.

^^^ i know it was a 8.5 and some other sizes. only like 3 sizes maybe????

i was able to add the 8.5 to my cart also but i took both the cg ix and the ivs out. was just curious.

Whats good everyone, got a question. In regards to the $15 off coupons for these stores, does anyone know what the policy is for using them. I went to one store where I have been able to use my $15 off on every Jordan retro release and at another store they tell me I can't use it. To be honest if that is the case that some straight BS! Fact is we spend our hard earned money (keep in mind they know me pretty well at each store, so shopping for everything), but yet they can't let $15 dollars (that we the consumer could use and benifit from, especially those that have to drive far to get the damn raffle ticket in the first place and then come back for the shoes if they are picked), THEY KNOW DAMN WELL THEY WILL NOT MISS, be applied to a purchase?!

^^^ manager's discretion

OK, understood. However I still say I have beyond valid points in regards to allowing customers to use the $15 coupon, specially when people are jumping through hoops to purchase items. I was a manager at once and was smart enough to know the smallest kind gestures make the biggest deal to my customers, especially the ones who were faithful in coming to my store for product. The same concept applies even now to the business I am in. The concept of customer value, has dropped to almost none these days.

Anyhow the shoes are dope though, I will say this much.

OK, understood. However I still say I have beyond valid points in regards to allowing customers to use the $15 coupon, specially when people are jumping through hoops to purchase items. I was a manager at once and was smart enough to know the smallest kind gestures make the biggest deal to my customers, especially the ones who were faithful in coming to my store for product. The same concept applies even now to the business I am in. The concept of customer value, has dropped to almost none these days.
Now a days all you have to do is bribe a worker with shoe cleaner and sock sales and you'll get what you want.

Got these from work. Was about to flip but then they are just so nice, and even nicer on feet. Might have to keep and wear them for hooping and everyday wear.

To those who have played ball in these, how are they?

^^^ manager's discretion

i whole heartedly agree with you. im just saying, its up to the manager. some dont care because they know its a sale and they understand the FTL/FA/CHMPS distribute the codes. as long as the cash register rings it, its a go. was like this for me when i was picking up pink foams for people.

others are like nope nope nope, shoe gonna sell so we dont want your stinking coupons. i tend to NOT go back to those places until those managers arent around anymore. i hate a "we cool when you spending all your dough but we not when you want to save a few bucks" type of dude.

man NT portland releasing RSVP pairs today ??

wtf?

Cant win this game if you got a full time job where you cant be on twitter 24/7 :smh:

These are sitting at the FTL I work at and I'm not surprised. We sold 1 pair on release day :lol:

Hypebeasts don't buy anything that isn't a I, III, IV, V and XIs.

Last edited:
Now a days all you have to do is bribe a worker with shoe cleaner and sock sales and you'll get what you want.

If it is an employee that I am real cool with, at times when I can or need them I will do what you suggested. However these are things a customer should NOT have to do, just for a pair of kicks that they have already jumped through hoops to get. As well MOST of these arrogant shoe store workers have NO CLUE what they are talking about when trying to sell you product, so that make it even worst for me. The other day, I had a number of workers tell me they couldn't wait for the Kobe 8 Grinches and a whole bunch of others tell me they didn't have the DMV KD 5, when I was looking right at them and when I pointed them out, they were like "oh those", I'm thinking what has this shoe trend come to? Apologies going off course from the Cool Grey 9's, but these were some of the things I ran into during the release. :smh:

i whole heartedly agree with you. im just saying, its up to the manager. some dont care because they know its a sale and they understand the FTL/FA/CHMPS distribute the codes. as long as the cash register rings it, its a go. was like this for me when i was picking up pink foams for people.
others are like nope nope nope, shoe gonna sell so we dont want your stinking coupons. i tend to NOT go back to those places until those managers arent around anymore. i hate a "we cool when you spending all your dough but we not when you want to save a few bucks" type of dude.

Oh naw its all good G. Just so we are clear I agree with you as well and was not trying to argue or debate with what you were saying, I was just venting! :lol: I do NOT support shady folks, hence the reason I have missed out on releases that stores had simply because of the managment or shady was EVEN WHEN THEY HAD THE SHOES I WANTED. That last part about cool when you are spending all your dough and not cool when you want to save a few bucks, is spot on point!

man NT portland releasing RSVP pairs today ??
wtf?
Cant win this game if you got a full time job where you cant be on twitter 24/7 :smh:

Yeah, I called there and the broad (I refer to her as this because she gave me an answer with a real shady, rude tone), tells me to go on twitter because they are RSVP the extra pairs. One wtf is your problem, two NOT everyone has twitter or even wants one, three to ASSUME things about a customer is unacceptable in ANY business and with an attitude at that! Tired of these damn workers that think you are suppose to treat them like they are above you, because you are buying product that THEY can NOT give you accurate information about!

Back
Top Bottom