OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

Isn't it amazing how when Vin speaks, everyone shuts the hell up. 
pimp.gif

Listening to the presser online. 

Magic is such a wizard with public speaking. It never amazes me how everything he says is so genuine and heat felt.

Magic getting annoyed with the Frank McCourt questions. Media keeps beating a dead horse.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Ahh just tuned in, recap?

McCourt only sees $$ if any development is agreed upon
$10 Parking

Kasten said he spoke with concession higher ups last week, and is looking into dropping ticket prices as well.

Said work is to be done on the venue, beginning with the behind the scenes stuff i.e. plumbing, electric etc

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

pimp.gif
Dee $Ironman, anything McCourt say to you guys before he left?
He was cordial as usual, went out of his way to give most a hearty hand shake.  McCourt was alway a politician, knew how to play his cards.  It was the behind the scenes stuff that people didn't see that made him a snake.
News conference was 
smokin.gif

Plaschke got sonned, 
laugh.gif
.  They did everything in their power to not say "Frank McCourt", they mentioned Peter O'Malley about a million times.  It was very well done and classy.  They also didn't acknowledge the Fox ownership, although at this point nobody really remembers the Fox ownership.  

They said all the right things, and Stan Kasten has been around the stadium since the last homestand.  Seems like a genuine baseball guy.  Was chilling in the Pavilions, his assesment: They're a dump!.

As much as I loved the pavilions as a fan, I've become to loathe them.  I think they will be razed in a couple of years and possibly connected to the Loge level, Dodger fans and visiting fans will finally be able to take a lap around the stadium.  It will also be better for security purposes.  They are outdated.

Can't wait until they gut the front office... 
devil.gif

Sounds like kasten supports Ned (not too sure how to feel)

Parking lowered is great, but to hear kasten talk about connecting the stadium, updating the clubhouse and also upgrading the surrounding land sounds good.

This bullpen is very suspect and looks like bobby abreu to the dodgers

Sounds like kasten supports Ned (not too sure how to feel)

Parking lowered is great, but to hear kasten talk about connecting the stadium, updating the clubhouse and also upgrading the surrounding land sounds good.

This bullpen is very suspect and looks like bobby abreu to the dodgers
Kasten has to say these things about the GM, it's during the season, and why say anything when the team is winning?
We'll see what he says as the summer draws closer to an end.

I was ecstatic to hear him mention connecting... which would hopefully mean the demise of the Pavilions as we now know them.

As Ironman said... as a kid, I loved that place. As I got closer to graduating high school, I grew tired of the bull !%$# that goes on out there, and now gladly pay more to sit anywhere else.

^LP u got a hookup on like 4 field seats?

The bullpen almost +!%$!@ it up, Lindbolm and Kenley didnt look too sharp, plus you can always count on a wild game in Colorado.

Naw my buddies roommate got the deal I'll find out how he got them and see if he can get them again

Funny, as a kid I felt the same way about the pavilions, they were great. Almost caught a HR by Mark Mcgwire back in '98, thought it was a great place to be.

But, they suck, they need to be upgraded, and totally overhauled.

Back
Top Bottom