Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Better Rebounding Amar'e is going to be the steal of the draft even at #2
Even if it ment setting the team back 2-3 years I would trade for Thomas Robinson in a heartbeat

Originally Posted by woody2626

If we dont win the lottery and get Davis after this horrible season i'll cry. Real tears. Would set us back years

laugh.gif

harrison barnes and anthony davis are the only franchise players in this draft IMO. sometimes i watch barnes play and its as if he's toying around with the opposition, i think dude is most NBA ready (mentally, physically, "talently"). Kid knows how to do everything.
Edit-I'd put MKG in that category as well. 

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

sometimes i watch barnes play and its as if he's toying around with the opposition, i think dude is most NBA ready (mentally, physically, "talently"). Kid knows how to do everything.

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

harrison barnes and anthony davis are the only franchise players in this draft IMO. sometimes i watch barnes play and its as if he's toying around with the opposition, i think dude is most NBA ready (mentally, physically, "talently"). Kid knows how to do everything.
Edit-I'd put MKG in that category as well. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 its a prediction/opinion, everyone has one. most of the time analysts are wrong about drafts. so yea i still stand by it. 

As much as I publicly advertise and support Beal's stock, have him #3 overall on my board right before T. Rob, no GM in their right mind should pass on MKG if available for Bradley. I really think Kidd-Gilchrist can be an extremely good #2 complimentary option similar to Scottie Pippen because of the defensive intensity, overall work rate, and offensive versatility particularly with the mid-range game. 
Drummond is way too boom-or-bust for me to take him top-3 or even top-5. Top-10 is far more reasonable. Sure, he looks like Dwight Howard, but will he ever produce like D12? Hypothetically, let's say a NBA team takes Drummond fourth overall over Robinson, would they be satisfied if he has a DeAndre Jordan-type career path? Not necessarily a bust by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't be completely content either. 

I don't know if Sam is trolling, but I will support the notion that Barnes may indeed be a better pro prospect than a college player. Part of the problem with Harrison is that the expectations for growth were so high this past year that he was partially setup for failure or perceived mediocrity. 

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

Any Rockets or Heat Fans in here ?

I personally think if Jared Sullinger or Austin Rivers are available the Rockets should draft them.

With the Heat i think they should grab Fab Melo if he is available
Jared Sullinger? No. The Rockets should be tired of undersized 4 men by now. Patrick Patterson and Scola are just fine.

Austin could be an interesting pick though. He would probably come off the bench if we keep Courtney Lee.

Rivers is gonna be better than everyone thinks. Mark my words.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

As much as I publicly advertise and support Beal's stock, have him #3 overall on my board right before T. Rob, no GM in their right mind should pass on MKG if available for Bradley. I really think Kidd-Gilchrist can be an extremely good #2 complimentary option similar to Scottie Pippen because of the defensive intensity, overall work rate, and offensive versatility particularly with the mid-range game. 
Drummond is way too boom-or-bust for me to take him top-3 or even top-5. Top-10 is far more reasonable. Sure, he looks like Dwight Howard, but will he ever produce like D12? Hypothetically, let's say a NBA team takes Drummond fourth overall over Robinson, would they be satisfied if he has a DeAndre Jordan-type career path? Not necessarily a bust by any stretch of the imagination, but I wouldn't be completely content either. 

I don't know if Sam is trolling, but I will support the notion that Barnes may indeed be a better pro prospect than a college player. Part of the problem with Harrison is that the expectations for growth were so high this past year that he was partially setup for failure or perceived mediocrity. 
As talented as Carolina was its still the whole bunched up confines of the college game that makes me like Barnes a lot. His downside to me is Luol Deng.
Right now I got 

Davis

Robinson

MKG

Beal

Barnes

Drummond

Jones as my top 7 

Then prob Lamb just cause the pedigree wont allow him to be a total bust imo

I like Henson most out of UNC guys for pros. (I've done a complete 180 on him since like, December.)

The lottery is this wed right?
Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Rivers is gonna be better than everyone thinks. Mark my words.
Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

What's everyone think?
I think he can be the Kyrie Irving of this draft, as in way better than everyone thought he'd be his first year.

Originally Posted by YoShoeGameIsWack

Any Rockets or Heat Fans in here ?

I personally think if Jared Sullinger or Austin Rivers are available the Rockets should draft them.

With the Heat i think they should grab Fab Melo if he is available
I think Melo would be great for the Heat, don't think he will drop that low though, Festus Ezeli would be another good athletic big man for them as well, more realistic to drop to them

Melo would be a great fit for us but like the guy above me said, I don't think he'd fall to us. Most draft boards have him like 22 lowest

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I like Henson most out of UNC guys for pros. (I've done a complete 180 on him since like, December.)
I've seen this from a couple people on here and I don't understand it.  I like Zeller much more, think he can be a legit starting 5 in the league.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I've seen this from a couple people on here and I don't understand it.  I like Zeller much more, think he can be a legit starting 5 in the league.
In terms of pro careers for the UNC guys IMO: 1. Barnes 2. Marshall 3. Zeller 4. Henson
Harrison is the only one I'd pick in the top 8. How much better than Brandon Wright can Henson be?

Henson has a consistent jumper from 15-18 ft and has a decent hook. Hes offensively better than Wright probably now even. Can expect him to avg a block/ block and a half, a game.

Back
Top Bottom