Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Despite all the hate that he has gathered in the Finals, it's Serge's 3rd yr which some of his weaknesses aren't AS weak and particularly his jumper has really been a weapon for the Thunder

So if AD, in his rookie yr, is a smarter 3rd yr Ibaka would Hornets fans be happy with that?
and as a followup to that,  How could Thunder management consider trading Ibaka? The Heat have shown you need a 3rd piece to defend, hit open jumper to space the floor and rebound. 

I think the Thunder have the same mindset as you, which is why we'll likely see Harden traded for a high draft pick (which I think will be used to get Brad Beal).

just out of curiousity.. why do you see us doing that now?

both guys dont become restricted until after next season... i think we keep the core together for one more year.. hold discussions with both all throughout this summer and into next year.. i think perkins gets amnestied after next season to free up cash (8-9 mill per over the last 2 years of his deal)

hell the only rumor i've seen coming from our camp was this (which makes sense):
The Thunder hold pick No. 28, but it’s unlikely that they’ll keep it. Sources close to the situation say that Oklahoma City is satisfied with their young core and they aren’t interested in paying a prospect guaranteed money when he likely won’t be part of the rotation

The Black Falcon 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Ibaka was a raw prospect and a MAJOR work in progress....Davis is not.
how major was he really?  He's only been in the league 3 years, and he is the best shot blocker in the league, and has an offensive game you have to respect.  You expect AD to come in and average 3.7 blocks per game, 7.5 rebounds per game and 10 points per game on 54% shooting?

Thats what I'm saying... if Davis averages a paltry 12/8/2.5 and wins ROY what does that tell you about Ibaka? He's 22 btw

I brought it up originally cause I didnt see the Blake meets tyson best case comparison.
30t6p3b.gif

Thats what I'm saying... if Davis averages a paltry 12/8/2.5 and wins ROY what does that tell you about Ibaka? He's 22 btw

I brought it up originally cause I didnt see the Blake meets tyson best case comparison.
30t6p3b.gif
so you think he'll also be better than Joakim Noah too? sheesh, thats alot of pressure for a rookie big man.  Its pretty well known that it takes a few years for big men to grow into their bodies and develop into quality players

Originally Posted by solarius49

30t6p3b.gif
so you think he'll also be better than Joakim Noah too? sheesh, thats alot of pressure for a rookie big man.  Its pretty well known that it takes a few years for big men to grow into their bodies and develop into quality players
Thats what draft express says 
ohwell.gif

how major was he really?  He's only been in the league 3 years, and he is the best shot blocker in the league, and has an offensive game you have to respect.  You expect AD to come in and average 3.7 blocks per game, 7.5 rebounds per game and 10 points per game on 54% shooting?
I expect AD to average something close to a double-double to go with over 2.5 blocks per game next year.  I don't know if you remember Ibaka as a rookie, but he was incredibly raw.  Obviously, he's improved greatly since then, but AD at 19 is MUCH further along in his development than Ibaka was. 

I expect AD to average something close to a double-double to go with over 2.5 blocks per game next year.  I don't know if you remember Ibaka as a rookie, but he was incredibly raw.  Obviously, he's improved greatly since then, but AD at 19 is MUCH further along in his development than Ibaka was. 
I'm just saying that this is alot of expectations for a player who doesnt quite have the body for the position (I'm sure he'll put on weight), and for a position (center) where players typically dont make a huge impact as a rookie

AD bout to post numbers straight out the gate. His activity plus athleticism alone will ensure him a double double.
Throw in his passing, handle and BB iq and the skies the limit for this guy.

Not even going to mention the havoc this guy is gunna cause on D either.

Anyone see Lillard play against high majors/really good mid majors?

Kinda curious to know why he struggled in some of those games. Length? Double teams? Trying to do too much?

Back
Top Bottom