Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

MKG is a winner though, you cant quantify, nor put a price, on that.
laugh.gif

I'm so tired of hearing this.
wanna know who else was a winner???
Steve Kerr, John Salley, Robert Horry, Derek Fisher. Go make them your main glue guys to a franchis.

wanna know who was a loser??
Stockton/Malone, Barkley, Miller, Ewing. All they do is lose, they suck.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by PMatic

nerd.gif

If I'm Sac, I pass on that trade.

Why?

Lowry is the better player and they can bolster their depth.  There will be some VERY good talent available at the 14/16 spots. 

Tyreke and a top-5 pick in this draft is worth more than Lowry and a couple of mid 1st-rounders.

Why?

Lowry is the better player and they can bolster their depth.  There will be some VERY good talent available at the 14/16 spots. 

Tyreke and a top-5 pick in this draft is worth more than Lowry and a couple of mid 1st-rounders.
OK, you've convinced me. 

Source involved in Houston-Kings talks says the Rockets have not offered the No. 14, No. 16 pick and Kyle Lowry for Tyreke Evans and No. 5.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 26, 2012

Make that two involved sources refuting that offer of Houston's No. 14 and No. 16 and Kyle Lowry for Sacramento's No. 5 and Tyreke Evans.
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) June 26, 2012

Eh, I guess I was in the minority on the Kings msg boards that wanted this trade done anyways
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at anyone ripping Kahn for that minor trade just because "it's the thing to do with Kahn and ESPN controls me"

It's the 18th pick. You have about an 80% chance of failing with whoever you pick. The Wolves got an average player back who still can provide something that had nothing of last year. Oh well, works for both teams.

nerd.gif

Why?

This. MKG or Throb at 5 IMO wouldn't immediately contribute any more than the 14 or 16th pick of this draft, let alone both. Plus a PG combo of Lowry and IT would ensure that our offense would at least be flowing nonstop with them two running the shoes

Houston is on the brink of franchise suicide if they're looking to dump all these picks for Howard.
Damn near trading half a team of picks for a player that will be an unrestricted free agent in 12 months..

Why?

While I see DoubleJs' point, I agree with this notion. And I'm a big Lowry fan. Not quite enough value in return for Evans and #5.
Or at least wait until Draft night to see if MKG falls into their laps at #5.

Edit:

@WojYahooNBA Indiana's working out Michigan State's Draymond Green for a second time today, league sources tell Y! He's a candidate for Pacers at No. 26.

Sorry solarius
laugh.gif

Why?

While I see DoubleJs' point, I agree with this notion. And I'm a big Lowry fan. Not quite enough value in return for Evans and #5.
I don't think the Kings are really that enthralled with any of the top 5 guys outside of Davis
laugh.gif

Like they don't think any of them are valuable enough to warrant that #5 pick so they'd rather trade down and pick someone, like a Lillard, Henson, Harkless, that does warrant whatever pick they are gonna go at.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Why?

This. MKG or Throb at 5 IMO wouldn't immediately contribute any more than the 14 or 16th pick of this draft, let alone both. Plus a PG combo of Lowry and IT would ensure that our offense would at least be flowing nonstop with them two running the shoes
But T-Rob or MKG PLUS Reke and everybody else....
Guaranteed talent > Depth. Definitely in Sacramento right now..

I don't think the Kings are really that enthralled with any of the top 5 guys outside of Davis
laugh.gif

Like they don't think any of them are valuable enough to warrant that #5 pick so they'd rather trade down and pick someone, like a Lillard, Henson, Harkless, that does warrant whatever pick they are gonna go at.
To be fair, it seems like the top 5 guys outside of Davis aren't enthralled with the Kings either. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And your second statements is a fair point. I'm big on Henson for the Kings. I'm not sure he'll make it past the Pistons at #9 though.

Why?

But T-Rob or MKG PLUS Reke and everybody else....
Guaranteed talent > Depth. Definitely in Sacramento right now..
Absolutely, MKG or Throb would add tremendous depth. But idk if we really need depth for the sake of depth.
MKG is the anti-Tyreke but also with no jumper, Throb is too raw to throw in next to DMC from the get go.

If only Houston would have thrown in Budinger..........
frown.gif
One can dream
frown.gif

I'm putting money on Dray being a Grizz IF he's not selected before 25. Its a possibility they will take Wroten too.

Green, ZBO, Arthur, Marc
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The best thing Sacramento could do moving forward is trade Tyreke.
laugh.gif

Agreed. Just not that deal. Giving up the #5 and him is not good value.

Looks like we're going to see tons of trades between now and July 1st. Can't wait!

Man, if Perry Jones fall to us, man listen
pimp.gif

I admittedly watched absolutely no Kings games this year, but how did Evans fall off so hard after one season? 

Originally Posted by trich20

I admittedly watched absolutely no Kings games this year, but how did Evans fall off so hard after one season? 
plantar fasciitis that plagued him his entire soph season. Coaching and position change last season

Cue Ricky Bobby Voice.

With all due respect, those seem like excuses not reasons.

Teague is getting cooked by Josh Magette in today's workout in Memphis.
pimp.gif
 Hopefully that officially makes him a no go at 25.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

The best thing Sacramento could do moving forward is trade Tyreke.
laugh.gif

I already am
There are mixed signals as to whether the Kings are considering moving back. A source said president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie has been doing his homework in recent days on Mississippi State power forward Arnett Moultrie, who is widely expected to be taken in the middle-to-late first round and who worked out in Sacramento on Sunday. Meanwhile, Petrie is also known to have been inquiring about a player who would qualify as a surprise pick at No. 5, Syracuse shooting guard Dion Waiters.

Evans’ production has declined since he won the Rookie of the Year award for the 2009-10 season while playing point guard, and sources said he’s disenchanted with the Kings after being moved to small forward last season. Evans, who is eligible for an extension this summer but is instead headed for restricted free agency next summer, wants to return to a ball-dominant role and has informed the team that he no longer wants to play small forward.

Back
Top Bottom