Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

only way i'm happy with us trading harden for the 2nd pick IS IF we also get the rights to swap first round picks with the bobcats at some point over the next 5 years.. with no restrictions
laugh.gif
Its Harden not Jordan, dude was MIA in the finals and now youre talking about trading him for the 2nd overall pick and an unprotected 1st rounder from the worst team in th NBA History. PLUS theyre gonna have to pay him? $@#$ outta here

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I swear.....the Sixers seem to be the only team in the league that isn't doing a damn thing right now. Not one damn peep has came out of their camp besides them being interested in trading for Jamal Crawford. We're gonna end up sitting on our +!@*%$% hands again, not trading Iguodala and just picking the most obvious choice that we can possibly make at #15. Same %@++ different year.

I thought Toronto was trying to get AI2

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

only way i'm happy with us trading harden for the 2nd pick IS IF we also get the rights to swap first round picks with the bobcats at some point over the next 5 years.. with no restrictions
laugh.gif
Its Harden not Jordan, dude was MIA in the finals and now youre talking about trading him for the 2nd overall pick and an unprotected 1st rounder from the worst team in th NBA History. PLUS theyre gonna have to pay him? $@#$ outta here

did we know jordan would be jordan at 22 years old?

- jordan was 21 when was drafted btw

and for the thunder, my thought process is i just came off of making the finals.. i control the rights for harden and ibaka for 2 years.. if i'm making a trade, someone has to blow me away

or i can just sit on my hands and make a run at things next year.. AND THEN see if i want to trade one of those guys

also the bobcats just picked up another first from the pistons in the ben gordon trade.. and we are dealing with MJ and co

David Aldridge reportng the Kings rejected Kyle Lowry/16 for Chuck Hayes/5 from the Rockets.

guys I like going into tomorrow night without much publicity:
Terrence Ross - why are Rivers/Waiters separating from the other SG's when Ross (and Lamb) actually have NBA SG size/length and can defend?

Terrence Jones - he already knows how to play a part on a team and win. He meshes well with talent - defends and should develop a nice face up game.

Marquis Teague - again, Cal calls you the best pick and roll defensive PG he's ever had - that means something - especially in today's NBA. I sound like 'college guy' with the UK kids, but I'm drinking the blue kool-aid, those kids compete and make plays with very few mistakes. 

Moe Harkless- another year in college and he's in the lotto. He's need a jump shot, I think he can get one. Maybe he's Earl Clark 2.0 but he was as good as JR year Earl Clark as a FR and is more consistent. 

Will Barton - On one hand, he can't shoot and can be a loose cannon. On the other, he put together a hell of an unnoticed season and by all accounts his workouts have gone well. 

Bernard James - He'll defend and compete like crazy. that's good enough for a back up center. 

Johnson-Odom - defends. Can spot up and hit 3's. those guys find homes. 

Cunningham- great athlete. Defends, defends, defends. Better on offense than given credit for. 

Tyshawn Taylor- 6'4, athletic and one of the best on ball defenders in the draft (I'm on a defensive kick, too). Mistake prone guys aren't ideal in a back up PG but I'd be willing to work through them. 

Tony Mitchell- 2% chance he gets drafted and that's a shame although self-inflicted. Outside of MKG, I can't think of many guys that impact the game better in transition and on the defensive end than him from the SF position. 

Oh, and Drummond and Henson shouldn't be falling out of the top 8 but I've made it known I like both. 

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

Bucks now have a center so will most likely look for a shooter in the draft. If they land a shooter id look to move monta before he leaves next year. Dont like giving up livingston. Hope bucks get lamb.

I like the trade alot. Cleared up roster space with useless talent for hopefully someone with potential while having two 7 footers. I see us looking at either  Terrence Ross or Jeremy Lamb with Monta and Jennings future being questionable. Or Terrence Jones or Perry Jones III because there's still alot of average talents in our front court. I wouldnt be mad at getting any of these 4 guys.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Sac will cave. Eventually.
Why would the Kings cave in? The Rockets are screwed if they dont get top 6 pick and the Kings look like they only ones willing to trade it. I think the Kings want the 12th pick with Lowry instead of 16th. Hopefully Kings can get it done. 

I'm not believing, but interesting

Could Bradley Beal Soon Be Wearing Thunder Blue?
Posted by Darnell Mayberry
on June 27, 2012M at 4:16 pm

This is what the final few hours before the NBA Draft are all about.

Suspense. Story lines. Shock.

Put this one down under all three.

According to ESPN.com’s Andy Katz, the Thunder has entertained the idea of moving up to draft Florida guard Bradley Beal.

You read that right.

Oklahoma City, with the 28th overall pick, is said to have had interest in shooting up the draft board to select a player who is widely regarded as a top three pick in Thursday night’s draft.

But here’s the good part. Katz doesn’t appear to be blowing smoke with sources saying this or sources saying that.

His source is…Bradley Beal.

From Katz’s report:

Beal told ESPN/ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder’s first-round pick currently isn’t until No. 28.

He told me he was going to decide what they’re going to do and considered getting up there,

Originally Posted by Al3xis

guys I like going into tomorrow night without much publicity:
Terrence Ross - why are Rivers/Waiters separating from the other SG's when Ross (and Lamb) actually have NBA SG size/length and can defend?

Terrence Jones - he already knows how to play a part on a team and win. He meshes well with talent - defends and should develop a nice face up game.

Marquis Teague - again, Cal calls you the best pick and roll defensive PG he's ever had - that means something - especially in today's NBA. I sound like 'college guy' with the UK kids, but I'm drinking the blue kool-aid, those kids compete and make plays with very few mistakes. 

Moe Harkless- another year in college and he's in the lotto. He's need a jump shot, I think he can get one. Maybe he's Earl Clark 2.0 but he was as good as JR year Earl Clark as a FR and is more consistent. 

Will Barton - On one hand, he can't shoot and can be a loose cannon. On the other, he put together a hell of an unnoticed season and by all accounts his workouts have gone well. 

Bernard James - He'll defend and compete like crazy. that's good enough for a back up center. 

Johnson-Odom - defends. Can spot up and hit 3's. those guys find homes. 

Cunningham- great athlete. Defends, defends, defends. Better on offense than given credit for. 

Tyshawn Taylor- 6'4, athletic and one of the best on ball defenders in the draft (I'm on a defensive kick, too). Mistake prone guys aren't ideal in a back up PG but I'd be willing to work through them. 

Tony Mitchell- 2% chance he gets drafted and that's a shame although self-inflicted. Outside of MKG, I can't think of many guys that impact the game better in transition and on the defensive end than him from the SF position. 

Oh, and Drummond and Henson shouldn't be falling out of the top 8 but I've made it known I like both. 
I thought you liked Wroten early on?

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

Why would the Kings cave in? The Rockets are screwed if they dont get top 6 pick and the Kings look like they only ones willing to trade it. I think the Kings want the 12th pick with Lowry instead of 16th. Hopefully Kings can get it done. 
As a Kings fan I would be EXTREMELY happy if we could pull that deal off. Only guy I really like if we're picking at 5 is Kidd Gilchrist and I don't think he will be there. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

I swear.....the Sixers seem to be the only team in the league that isn't doing a damn thing right now. Not one damn peep has came out of their camp besides them being interested in trading for Jamal Crawford. We're gonna end up sitting on our +!@*%$% hands again, not trading Iguodala and just picking the most obvious choice that we can possibly make at #15. Same %@++ different year.

Sixers wanna do Iggy for #8, Calderon and Ed Davis...Raptors want the Sixers to include #15. I haven't heard anything new about it in close to a week so idk what the deal is with that now.

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

As a Kings fan I would be EXTREMELY happy if we could pull that deal off. Only guy I really like if we're picking at 5 is Kidd Gilchrist and I don't think he will be there. 
I like this trade...

Originally Posted by quik1987

Sixers wanna do Iggy for #8, Calderon and Ed Davis...Raptors want the Sixers to include #15. I haven't heard anything new about it in close to a week so idk what the deal is with that now.
if you're the Sixers...WHY NOT DO THIS?

I have no idea what the Sixers are doing. They don't even really have a GM at the moment since Thorn is stepping down and the Hawks worked something out with Danny Ferry before they did. They just better go all the way young and start over with Jrue, Turner and some high draft picks or go into complete win now mode and sacrifice their youth. They've been stuck in mediocrity for the past 8 damn years.

Jrue, Turner, Young is a nice young core to build around. They are not in any position to win now, but with the right moves in a few years they could be real contenders as those 3 guys continue to develop

I know they've held some talks with the Jazz and Lakers about trading Iggy for Gasol or Al Jefferson, and I think both teams would do those deals but neither one of them would help towards the Sixers future. They would just keep them in middle of the pack mediocrity. They're definitely gonna trade the guy this offseason though cause they have to get Turner in his natural position at small forward.

Bro, I feel the same way about Danny Granger. I love the guy, but he is preventing Paul George from playing at his natural spot

I'm going out on a limb and say I think Beal could possibly be the best talent out this draft; even win rookie of the year. 
Man dude really is an Ox. Just watched more youtube video of him, and he's the most NBA ready. Dude just %!%+% on everybody. Literally. In the backcourt with a outside 3, slashing to the paint, 17 foot jumper mid range is nice, and on the fastbreak - he's automatic. 

..and the greatest thing about that is he's only 19 
eek.gif
. Young boy is the truth.

Back
Top Bottom