Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by acidicality

Not expecting anything, but I'd love for the Warriors to go for Howard even without an extension. Even if he bails out, it'll put the Warriors in much better position to build a contender in the future compared to now (being stuck in mediocrity)
Dwight on GSW would be interesting but I don't see how yall would still be in a position to build a contender if he walks. Yeah yall got cap space if you give up Monta and some other pieces for him but after that you might be in a situation like the Mavs where you got a lot of money to spend but nobody to spend it on.

Trading for Dwight would either lead the Warriors to the playoffs and possibly draw bigger names, thus a new era for the Warriors.

However, if Dwight left that would leave us depleted, in a perfect position to gain several high draft picks for years to come and build a contender (just like OKC/Seattle).  Basically, Warriors would no longer be stuck in mediocrity.  In their current position (and for the previous decade and a half) the Warriors have been a mediocre team, unable to lure big name players and get high draft picks.  Trading for Dwight would get us out of that position, allowing us to build a contender through picks or around Dwight + pieces.

Trading for Dwight in Golden State means he's definitely leaving at years end. Not even a month rental, because he wouldn't turn the team around to a Playoff team.

I'd laugh if Warriors gave up Monta or Steph only to see Dwight leave after a month with the team,
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Trading for Dwight in Golden State means he's definitely leaving at years end. Not even a month rental, because he wouldn't turn the team around to a Playoff team.

I'd laugh if Warriors gave up Monta or Steph only to see Dwight leave after a month with the team,
roll.gif
then he's heading to dallas...

i think dwight is going to be traded to new jersey. but i know one thing is for sure. if im the lakers i dont want dwight to stay in orlando. cuz if he does hes gonna go to dallas with deron next year...

i dont see how the lakers would trade pau for beasley and barea. beasley is a free agent after the current season. and barea is frickin barea....

Tyreke Evans to the Bobcats for DJ Augustine? Its not a rumor I've heard, just something I thought would make sense for both teams

I would love the three-way trade if Pau Gasol was just two years younger.

I wouldn't be upset if it went down, but just thinking about the possibility of Derrick Williams flourishing somewhere else just for three or four solid years of Pau. Not to mention, Barea is a lot better than people think. Annoying if he's not on your team? Yeah. But he can actually create for himself which is obviously rare for someone his size.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Tyreke Evans to the Bobcats for DJ Augustine? Its not a rumor I've heard, just something I thought would make sense for both teams
Makes no sense at all. Sac just had Isaiah emerge as their PG of the future. Why would they trade Tyreke for Augustine? 

wonder if the bucks will trade captain jack & wizards really needa trade mcgee & bummy blatche

As a Cavs fan I hope we are a huge seller. Would love to get something in return for Jamison's expiring and Ramon Sessions.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Eat rocks

Just heard this from very reliable souce: NJ Nets officials seriously doubt that the #Magic will trade @Dwighthoward before trade deadline.
Retweeted by John Hollinger

They also mentioned Dwight's mom said she wants him to stay, don't know how much impact that will have.

Otis Smith is also confident they can convince Dwight to stay, so it seems like Orlando is going to gamble and let him play out the season.

And that perspective Kings-Bobcats trade dude made up sucks

Dwight aint stayin in Orlando, who cares what his mom wants and its most likely a lie that she said that. Im pretty sure the sudden emergence of Anderson is gonna make him stay there rest of his career
roll.gif

[h1]Magic deny Dwight Howard-trade-to-the-Lakers rumor[/h1]By Josh RobbinsOrlando Sentinel
8:44 p.m. EST, February 26, 2012

Orlando Magic continue to say they have made no decisions about what they'll do with Dwight Howard as the NBA trade deadline approaches on March 15.

And they are saying that a rumor making its way around Orlando that they've reached a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers and a third team is totally false.

The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard,Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando.

Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong.

The Magic have said all along that they will speak to Howard at some point before or on March 1 to see what he plans to do when he can become a free agent this summer.

The Magic then would assess their situation from there.

Team officials want to retain Howard long-term, but they have not ruled out a trade if they deem it necessary.

jbrobbins@tribune.com. Read his blog at OrlandoSentinel.com/magicblog. Subscribe to our Orlando Magic newsletter at OrlandoSentinel.com/joinus.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...kers-rumor-20120226,0,6901738.story?track=rsshttp://www.orlandosentine...,6901738.story?track=rss

Why would Dwight stay in Orlando... The roster is not a championship team today, and are completely booked up salary wise until the 2014-2015 year.. No one will trade for $11mil Hedo. Or $7.8mil Jameer. Or $6.3 Glen Davis. Or $5.7 JRich (those are next years salaries)

The Magic FO is terrible. And deserve to be stuck with an overcap team and Dwight walking for FREE

There's been a ton of pro-Dwight-Orlando talk this weekend, we'll see if he was just trying to keep everyone shut up, or if he legitimately wants to stay.

roll.gif
For who. Suns don't want to trade Nash. And Nash doesn't want to be traded.

roll.gif
at the thought of the Suns giving up Steve Nash + (Insert Player) for Jameer Nelson, JJ Reddick & Ryan Anderson.

The Magic are headed for the cliff known as irrelevance

I'll feel sorry for Dwight if he stays. Bleak future for the Magic. I do think a team would trade for JRich and Ryan Anderson but aint like ORL would get anything in return that'd make them contenders.

I feel all that positive Dwight is staying talk was a smokescreen to die down the focus during ASW learning from last year with Melo.

I think he's getting traded but I think ORL is going to have to settle for the Nets deal if they can't force LAL to give up their bigs.

Well there you go. That would be a huge step in the right direction if they really want to commit to keeping him. I think people underestimate how counterproductive Nelson is to that team.

Not sure I would part with Anderson, but I guess they would probably have to.

I hate to get into predictions on a rumor that has a 1% chance of playing out, but Steve Nash and Dwight Howard aren't enough to get through Chicago and Miami.

It's a power move for sure and I would see Orlando's reasoning/why they'd feel the need to do it, but still.

Not at all. But if they really decide to foolishly hang on to Dwight, they have to give something a shot.

If they could find a way to keep Anderson, that stupid offense would be a whole hell of a lot more effective with Nash at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom