Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

This could all backfire though.

Say they trade for Nash, get rid of Ryan Anderson and Jameer.

Then they lose out on Dwight anyways?

Not only you lose Dwight, but you lost Ryan Anderson too.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Why would Dwight stay in Orlando... The roster is not a championship team today, and are completely booked up salary wise until the 2014-2015 year.. No one will trade for $11mil Hedo. Or $7.8mil Jameer. Or $6.3 Glen Davis. Or $5.7 JRich (those are next years salaries)

The Magic FO is terrible. And deserve to be stuck with an overcap team and Dwight walking for FREE

and you think dwight would stay with the lakers with kobe and hedo eating up the salary cap for 2 more years after this one and jameer still his point guard if that rumored trade happens?
it would be no better a situation for him...

Nash and Dwight? That sounds fun. I'd watch

yea a first round exit out of the playoffs sounds fun
laugh.gif

yeah okay suns dont wanna trade nash and nash doesnt want to leave the suns. plus lets say they do trade who's the main piece? anderson? they have m. morris as their future already

otis smith:ay uh who do u want for steve na...
suns gm: *hangs up*

otis smith is fool shoulda brang better help for d12, no ones trading with that guy unless its a d12 trade

I mean how stupid can the magic be to debunk that pau and bynum rumor? You are gettinh bynum and gasol and the spanish pg from toronto for dwight howard and trash nobody wants. Thatis the best deal the magic will ever see. And i thought our management was ******ed lol

Nash is a good guy who obviously won't demand a trade from the Suns. But what's the point in keeping him in Phoenix when you know he won't win. The guy has earned a chance to win on another team, Phoenix should trade him.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by solarius49

Tyreke Evans to the Bobcats for DJ Augustine? Its not a rumor I've heard, just something I thought would make sense for both teams
Makes no sense at all. Sac just had Isaiah emerge as their PG of the future. Why would they trade Tyreke for Augustine? 
i get that he's playing point guard pretty good for them, but is he really running that team?  IMO they need to get rid of Reke or Thorton before they start seeing some positive change in that team

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

the same people who first leaked barea going to wolves

http://www.elnuevodia.com...trasdebarea-1198812.html

wolves get pau gasol

lakers get beasley, barea, dwight howard

magic get derrick wiliams and andrew bynum

this trade really only benefits la.. pau isnt built to play center plus it jam logs the position. and bynum is damaged goods has to take injections in his knees in order to play.

i bet bynum could get more rebounds in a wheelchair than brook lopez can 100 percent healthy lol

Dwight ain't going no where man
30t6p3b.gif
. Thing is, he'll probably stay next year as well
laugh.gif

Who has the necessary cap space to pay him AND the team success to offer?

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Dwight ain't going no where man
30t6p3b.gif
. Thing is, he'll probably stay next year as well
laugh.gif

Who has the necessary cap space to pay him AND the team success to offer?

Supposedly Dallas is gonna have enough room to sign him and Deron. But who knows really when it comes time to sign contracts. But the other thing I was thinking is they have a good record. And while they prolly cant get past the Heat or Bulls with the team they have now, they cant really say well its all over and trade Dwight. I say they try to make something happen at the deadline and get him a new toy to play with and see if they can make him happy enough to stay. If they can get anyone decent without having to give up Anderson. They may be able to make enough noise to keep Dwight. 
For what its worth. They said his mother wants him to stay in Orlando during All Star Weekend. 

Sixers have one of the best records records in the league and will have enough cap room to sign Dwight and keep the rest of the team intact aside from Brand and add a couple other pieces. It's also a market that Stern is going to want to capitalize on soon.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I mean how stupid can the magic be to debunk that pau and bynum rumor? You are gettinh bynum and gasol and the spanish pg from toronto for dwight howard and trash nobody wants. Thatis the best deal the magic will ever see. And i thought our management was ******ed lol

What deal are you talking about with Calderon?

Looks like this beasley thing might get serious.

[h1]NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers Interested In Michael Beasley For First Round Pick[/h1]
NBA All-Star weekend is complete, meaning meaningful basketball can once again take place as the second half of the season begins. With actual basketball back on the slate, however, comes the addition of more NBA trade rumors as the deadline creeps closer.

The latest rumor isn't anything fans of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves haven't heard before considering Michael Beasley to the Lakers reports have been circulating for the past week. Charley Waters of the Pioneer Press reported over the weekend, however, that the asking price is apparently a first round pick.

The Timberwolves are serious about a potential trade of Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Lakers for a first-round draft pick.

The Lakers have a pair of first round picks in 2012 as they obviously have their own as well as the Dallas Mavericks, though the Mavs pick is top-20 protected through 2017. Los Angeles also has its own first round pick in 2013 as well as a pair of second rounders from the Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies.

The Wolves, on the other hand, are owed a pick from the Utah Jazz this season -- though they won't get it until next year if the Jazz are unable to make the playoffs this year. Minnesota's actual first round pick for the 2012 draft is owned by the Los Angeles Clippers.

Waters also dropped an additional bit of reporting in his Sunday column, saying "a little birdie says the Philadelphia 76ers aren't interested in trading shooting guard Andre Iguodala to the Wolves, who need a shooting guard who can make shots."

The Wolves obviously need a shooting guard and, if Iguodala is off the table, it might make sense to re-visit either the Monta Ellis trade that was reportedly explored last summer or see if the Houston Rockets will deal Kevin Martin.

For more on the Minnesota Timberwolves, check out Canis Hoopus. You can also check out professional basketball news from around the league over at SB Nation's NBA page.
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minne...rade-rumors-lakers-michael-beasley-draft-pick

I'm all for it...

Three way trade between LAL, ORL, and TOR where supposedly:

LA gets: D12, Jameer, and Hedo
ORL gets: Bynum, Pau? and Jose
TOR gets: Ebanks and a bag of potato chips I guess
laugh.gif

Anyway at this point, I'd like to have Dwight, but PG is a much more pressing need for the Lakers, and therefore should focus their efforts on trying to pry D-Will from New Jersey.

D-Will+Kobe+Pau or Bynum >>>> Kobe+Dwight+trash

Originally Posted by tupac003

Looks like this beasley thing might get serious.

[h1]NBA Trade Rumors: Lakers Interested In Michael Beasley For First Round Pick[/h1]
NBA All-Star weekend is complete, meaning meaningful basketball can once again take place as the second half of the season begins. With actual basketball back on the slate, however, comes the addition of more NBA trade rumors as the deadline creeps closer.

The latest rumor isn't anything fans of the Los Angeles Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves haven't heard before considering Michael Beasley to the Lakers reports have been circulating for the past week. Charley Waters of the Pioneer Press reported over the weekend, however, that the asking price is apparently a first round pick.

The Timberwolves are serious about a potential trade of Michael Beasley to the Los Angeles Lakers for a first-round draft pick.

The Lakers have a pair of first round picks in 2012 as they obviously have their own as well as the Dallas Mavericks, though the Mavs pick is top-20 protected through 2017. Los Angeles also has its own first round pick in 2013 as well as a pair of second rounders from the Denver Nuggets and Memphis Grizzlies.

The Wolves, on the other hand, are owed a pick from the Utah Jazz this season -- though they won't get it until next year if the Jazz are unable to make the playoffs this year. Minnesota's actual first round pick for the 2012 draft is owned by the Los Angeles Clippers.

Waters also dropped an additional bit of reporting in his Sunday column, saying "a little birdie says the Philadelphia 76ers aren't interested in trading shooting guard Andre Iguodala to the Wolves, who need a shooting guard who can make shots."

The Wolves obviously need a shooting guard and, if Iguodala is off the table, it might make sense to re-visit either the Monta Ellis trade that was reportedly explored last summer or see if the Houston Rockets will deal Kevin Martin.

For more on the Minnesota Timberwolves, check out Canis Hoopus. You can also check out professional basketball news from around the league over at SB Nation's NBA page.
http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minne...rade-rumors-lakers-michael-beasley-draft-pick

I'm all for it...

Didn't the clippers give up the Minnesota pick in the cp3 trade
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This could all backfire though.

Say they trade for Nash, get rid of Ryan Anderson and Jameer.

Then they lose out on Dwight anyways?

Not only you lose Dwight, but you lost Ryan Anderson too.

and Nash, hes a free agent. pretty much the team would be left in shambles.

Felton and Beasley...

Longtime basketball writer Roland Lazenby, who has penned several books on the Lakers, reported via Twitter, “I hear they want both Felton and (Minnesota Timberwolves forward Michael) Beasley. That's their goal. But talk is cheap right now. The source is good (though).

LAL I don't think yall really want Felton. Upgrade from what you got but yall will have buyer's remorse soon enough,, probably come playoff time. Beasely would be a nice pickup but there has to be a better suited pg out there for yall to get.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

LAL I don't think yall really want Felton. Upgrade from what you got but yall will have buyer's remorse soon enough,, probably come playoff time. Beasely would be a nice pickup but there has to be a better suited pg out there for yall to get.

I think we'd feel the same way about sessions too, but some fans are so high on him for some reason

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Sixers have one of the best records records in the league and will have enough cap room to sign Dwight and keep the rest of the team intact aside from Brand and add a couple other pieces. It's also a market that Stern is going to want to capitalize on soon.

laugh.gif

Felton doesn't solve their 3 point woes at all.

And he's a poor defender, but then again so is Fish.

Not a good move, IMO.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif

You hush.

Back
Top Bottom