Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see Humphries, Lopez, Crash, and Brooks as a group of guys that scream out star power.

I wouldn't want to be involved on that team.

Plus, yeah it's just Dirk, but you've seen Cuban's commitment to go get talent. He's virtually the only cat that hasn't been able to land a huge superstar to add to his roster, but still is competent enough to put together a winning basketball team.

If we land Deron next year, I have complete faith that some dudes will come on board for a year just to try and win a championship. Dirk's stock has never been higher, Deron is still one of the best PGs in the game, you have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win, and a head coach that can manage a team.

Plus it keeps up flexible the following year to try and lure Dwight.

Beaubois, Dirk, and Marion are enough to bring Deron to Dallas, IMO. And Vince and Kidd will probably be with the team still too. Jason Terry, doubtful, but we'll see.

And then with the allure of eventually having room and flexibility to sign Dwight the following year...

The salary cap is only going to get larger within next few years, and that only helps the situation.
I mean really though.....those are the pieces besides Dirk heading into his 15th season that you're selling to him? Humphries has been a damn beast this year, Crash is as good as a complemetary type player that you can get for a contending team, Morrow is one of the best shooters in the league, Lopez is a 23 year old 7 footer that gets you 20 and 8-9 boards when healthy (he played in all 82 games his first 3 years in the league btw) and MarShon is a 23 year old that's averaging 14 a game, has dropped 20+ numerous times this year and is only going to get better. Plus they still have another 1st rounder in the upcoming draft besides the one that they gave up and a bunch of other cap room to be able to sign a few solid role players. All of this plus being the face of a brand new team in a brand new NBA city in NYC with marketing opportunities out the #*$. That sounds like a lot brighter future than almost everybody is giving the Nets credit for. I don't think Deron's leaving....and I think the Mavs are going to be +%*$%+ next year when all their left with next year is Dirk.  
It's not just about Dirk, it's about a transition AFTER Dirk. You have him for his last years, his shooting touch will be the last thing to go. You compete for as long as you can with those three, and then you have a franchise that has shown for over a decade now that it is committed to winning.

If Crash is such a great complementary player, why hasn't he ever helped a team out of the first round? Humphries, Brooks, Morrow, and Lopez are cool and all, but all of them are inexperienced. Look at which teams won in the Conference Finals last year, both veteran ball clubs.

How many young kids helped Dallas win last year? Barea was the youngest. It was all Kidd, JET, Dirk, Tyson, Marion, Peja, Stevenson, etc. Cats that been in the league for a WHILE now. You want to win, you need veterans. When was last time a team that was really young won? Mavericks? No. Lakers? No. Celtics? No. Spurs? No. Heat kind of were, but had Shaq and other vets. Detroit was a group of veterans.

In actuality, even if we lose out on Deron, which will be a damn lot, the only thing different next year is we'll have Kidd for cheaper, and JET probably gone. JET being gone will hurt, absolutely, but he isn't the cornerstone. Beaubois isn't as good, but he's shown recently that he can score much easier than JET can. He's getting efficient again.

But, let's take a step back a minute and look at this man....

Dallas, a franchise who has tinkered and tinkered to try and get it right WITHOUT getting any superstars finally has the chance to next year with Deron, and the following with Dwight. Deron can go home, a place he's always loved to play for, and compete at. This isn't Chris Bosh not really liking Dallas. Deron loved it here, still does. And you have a franchise who's committed to winning. The Nets are committed to winning? That's why they haven't made the Playoffs with Deron right? And they won't again this year, even with the changes. What moves can they make next year to make them significantly better? What has Billy King shown Deron Williams that they are committed to winning?

Not much.

If Deron was committed to winning in Jersey, he would have signed a contract extension. He hasn't. He won't.

Brooklyn is cool and all, but I don't think that's him. I'm not banking my future on Humphries, Brooks, and Lopez.

What's the bigger appeal, playing in a great city with mediocre talent? Or trying to build a dynasty in your hometown where you're loved before you even played a game for the city where you grew up?

If Deron and Dwight want to really play together, which it seems like they do, they'll figure something out. And Deron really wants to go to Dallas.

Now let me put my homer cap on for a second, but if Beaubois can continue to develop, he can be just as good as Brooks. Beaubois' rookie year was phenomenal. He's had setbacks since then. He's never going to be a PG, but he can be a SG. Deron, Dwight, and Dirk out there with Beaubois is just as appealing as Dwight, Deron, Brooks, and whatever other name you want to throw at me from the Nets roster.
laugh.gif

Guys like Humphries, Lopez, and Morrow? You can find dudes like that all over the NBA. Dallas can find that talent, and then some.

Tell me some players wouldn't want to go pony up with Dwight/Deron in Dallas...

Players love playing with Dwight now because of all the crap he makes up for defensively for guys. Deron took a team full of semi-good players to the WCF.

Faried can score 16 or 17 a night because of his offensive rebounding ability. Not when he's still only playing minutes in the low 20s, though.

Originally Posted by geoff2005

i hope d will comes to lakers next season instead of dallas. no offense dallas fans
LAL got that cap space to give him max money with the moves they've made?

For ppl arguing for the Nets, would you rather play with Dirk or with w/e you think is of value on the Nets? Which team is likely to be in the playoffs? Which team is more likely to go to the finals?

I just don't think Deron is that damn good.

If he was a true franchise player the Nets would at least be a playoff team especially in the East.

I'll take him in Dallas but unless Dwight comes with him I would have rather have overpaid Tyson and had a really good chance at repeating this year, even if we sucked the next three years.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I just don't think Deron is that damn good.

If he was a true franchise player the Nets would at least be a playoff team especially in the East.

I'll take him in Dallas but unless Dwight comes with him I would have rather have overpaid Tyson and had a really good chance at repeating this year, even if we sucked the next three years.
I don't agree with your interpretation of Deron, but I do agree. I didn't want to put all our eggs in one basket. I'd rather have Tyson and those dudes back to make another run. Call me sentimental, call me pessimistic, but I just don't have complete faith in getting both Deron/Dwight.

But, my opinion has swayed a little since Dwight is staying, and I can see the plan that Dallas has now.

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see Humphries, Lopez, Crash, and Brooks as a group of guys that scream out star power.

I wouldn't want to be involved on that team.

Plus, yeah it's just Dirk, but you've seen Cuban's commitment to go get talent. He's virtually the only cat that hasn't been able to land a huge superstar to add to his roster, but still is competent enough to put together a winning basketball team.

If we land Deron next year, I have complete faith that some dudes will come on board for a year just to try and win a championship. Dirk's stock has never been higher, Deron is still one of the best PGs in the game, you have an owner who will do whatever it takes to win, and a head coach that can manage a team.

Plus it keeps up flexible the following year to try and lure Dwight.

Beaubois, Dirk, and Marion are enough to bring Deron to Dallas, IMO. And Vince and Kidd will probably be with the team still too. Jason Terry, doubtful, but we'll see.

And then with the allure of eventually having room and flexibility to sign Dwight the following year...

The salary cap is only going to get larger within next few years, and that only helps the situation.
30t6p3b.gif
no fair....

Just Deron, Dirk & D12 would be ridiculous
laugh.gif
Dirk could literally stand on the perimeter, wide open, every time down the court. It'd be disgusting.

Uh... the Nuggets also got a $13 million trade exception in that deal, apparently. First I've heard of it.
@nuggetsnews To the Nuggets fans out there, another key "get" in today's trade is a $13 million trade exception.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Uh... the Nuggets also got a $13 million trade exception in that deal, apparently. First I've heard of it.
@nuggetsnews To the Nuggets fans out there, another key "get" in today's trade is a $13 million trade exception.

Makes sense to me;
nerd.gif

They sent way more than they actually brought back, thus the TPE.

Right. But it's a huge asset that wasn't initially reported (not until late tonight, in fact). Makes the deal even better for them.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Right. But it's a huge asset that wasn't initially reported (not until late tonight, in fact). Makes the deal even better for them.
Almost never are. Remember when Odom was traded, all that was reported initially was a draft pick. People went absurd thinking all they got was a draft pick.

I'll say this.

Unless Dwight comes to Dallas I'm rooting against him the rest of his career.

He's a damn dummy for waiving that ETO.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by geoff2005

i hope d will comes to lakers next season instead of dallas. no offense dallas fans
LAL got that cap space to give him max money with the moves they've made?

For ppl arguing for the Nets, would you rather play with Dirk or with w/e you think is of value on the Nets? Which team is likely to be in the playoffs? Which team is more likely to go to the finals?
dont know, they save 5 million next year just from getting rid of luke and fisher. i think session will test FA. Artest will supposedly retire or amiested.

dont really know

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'll say this.

Unless Dwight comes to Dallas I'm rooting against him the rest of his career.

He's a damn dummy for waiving that ETO.
i wouldn't root against him for the rest of his career, that's just too extreme....but he is a big dummy for waiving that ETO....a real big dummy...it makes no sense at all to give up freedom and power to the team. if he really wanted to stay with the team, just opt out in the summer and resign with them.....but o well, i hope they meet the Heat in the playoffs and beat them 
laugh.gif

Why hasn't Sam Young got much burn this year? He was a starter in the playoffs last year for the Grizz when Rudy was out if I'm not mistaken. He should be a pretty decent backup to Iggy to come in and play D and hit some open 3's.

Dwight did not look too thrilled to be at that press conference yesterday. He should have just let Orlando trade him. He went about the situation terribly. If you want out then say you want out. Dont flip flop every half hour just because you are talking to a different person. Dude is an idiot.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Dwight did not look too thrilled to be at that press conference yesterday. He should have just let Orlando trade him. He went about the situation terribly. If you want out then say you want out. Dont flip flop every half hour just because you are talking to a different person. Dude is an idiot.
yup, he completely played himself. Anyone with two eyes can see that his heart is not there, he hasn't sounded enthusiastic not one time when talking about staying in Orlando

Shoulda just told the media a year ago, I'm going to test free agency regardless just like Lebron did

^ Probably Kris Joseph, Doron Lamb, John Jenkins from Vandy, Quincy Miller maybe, William Buford, Tony Wroten possibly.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'd take Evans. Sac bugging if they don't flip him for something while they can.

Anybody want Landry Fields?
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Still funny.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by kc24688

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Fact is Deron-Marshon/Morrow-Crash-Humphries-Lopez is atleast a playoff team(not this year obviously), and New York already has a ridiculous amount of marketing opportunities. With a brand new team in a place like Brooklyn they're going to want to market the hell out of it up there. Put a Ray Allen and a Camby on that squad next year and have Lopez stay healthy and that's a very good team. Players will want to come there if Deron stays.

Let's see if New Jersey ever competes for a championship any time soon.  Honestly if I was a New Jersey fan I would have preferred to trade Deron at this deadline after it was known that Dwight wasn't coming.  Then I would have loaded up in this deep class and started over.  You can't be mortgaging the future like a top 5 pick for a guy that might leave in Deron just because you believe that being in Brooklyn will be the difference maker.  I'd rather try to stockpile picks with the talent I already have and try to be the first guys in line when the big dogs of today fall off.  Then you can rule New York in the future.

Bruh the worst teams in the league by record ( wiz,bobcats, Raptors, Kings, Pistons) wanted no parts of rent-a-Deron.The best you could do is get a contenders 1st and best mid round... Then on top of that they traded away a 1st for Crash... Wow

What about if it was for Rondo? At least 3 years and a cheaper deal. I'd much rather know that I have Rondo than hope I keep Deron. As risky as a draft pick may be I feel relying on an older Gerald Wallace who can't shoot is a worse risk to take.

Dwight agent has to be in his ear telling him it's gonna be difficult for them to move any of those contracts on that team.

First thing I would say is to find a 2 or 3 that Stan and Dwight can look at to help as that second option.

If he test the market next year where can he possibly go that would be a dramatic change in the league besides Chicago?

To me Dwill has to go where he has guys with some talent. Dallas seems like the place for sure. Dirk only has two years left, you have Marion, Haywood
eyes.gif
, Ronny buckets, and Jones. You can possibly bringing back Terry, Kidd, and maybe West/Odom. Plus to me this free agent class is filled with quality role players.

I can't see why Dwill would want to stay with the Nets. At this point in his career he should go where he has the best chance to actually compete and win.

Back
Top Bottom