Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So no one knew Pau Gasol had a YouTube channel, huh? He has 33 videos up and at least 20 of them have less than 1k views. 1k! Weird.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

***EDIT: Rockets may possibly replace Derek Fisher with Anthony Carter
roll.gif

Can someone explain how the "Amnesty" works? If we gave our Amnesty to Arenas, is the contract off the books?

Originally Posted by rashi

Can someone explain how the "Amnesty" works? If we gave our Amnesty to Arenas, is the contract off the books?

Yes off the books but he will receive the money.  The way I feel right now is that New Jersey was supposed to get this deal done now or never.  If Dwight really wanted to do it he should've ignored everybody and let Magic receive something like Brooks, Lopez, Wallace or top 3 protected pick, and maybe one more player?  Because Dwight could not commit to this plan I feel that Nets should have done Plan B as I've mentioned and maybe pick up a guy like Rondo to get value for Deron?  Nets had way more leverage before the deadline but to risk losing it all now I would have just ditched the Dwight/Deron plan and rebuild.

The Magic have to pay Arebas but it's outside of the salary cap, so they no longer have to consider and maneuver around his $20 million/year when making roster moves.

The Magic are still over the cap next year at $60+ million, but they only have about $35 million committed for 2013-14. That figure does not include Dwight Howard though - if they re-sign him to a new contract, they'll be back at the cap again with no flexibility. The only upside is that all those big contracts will be expiring after the year, so a guy like Hedo or J Rich can suddenly have some value. Howard could be gone before the Magic even have a chance to shoot for some sidekicks though.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I just don't think Deron is that damn good.

If he was a true franchise player the Nets would at least be a playoff team especially in the East.

I'll take him in Dallas but unless Dwight comes with him I would have rather have overpaid Tyson and had a really good chance at repeating this year, even if we sucked the next three years.
Have you seen the Nets squad? Can you name one other star player right now leading his team to the playoffs by himself? Especially in the East? Deron is definitely a top 3 pg in this league. You're bugging. Besides do you really think you can do better? Yall gonna roll out with that old #*# back court and expect to repeat if you had resigned Tyson? C'mon son.

I've always argued against Deron being better than CP3 but saying he isn't that damn good is cray talk. He is great.

Does anyone have the clip of pau singing you got it bad by usher in his car? I've been looking for it for years

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

23-25 is prolly a reasonable expectation.

Gotcha .. NT Draft experts whose looking to be there that time? I hope we take MKG with the first pick

wait until the tourney is over. dudes stocks rise/fall during this time.

perfect example, andre drummond.

dude was a top 3 pick this year, then puts up a stinker against iowa st. now nba GMs see him falling out the top 5

[h3]Oden Wants To Play Again, Interested In Pacers[/h3]
Mar 16, 2012 3:22 PM EDT

Oden_Greg_por_090119.jpg
Greg Oden is committed to playing basketball again, his agent Mike Conley Sr. confirmed. Oden was waived by the Blazers on Thursday.

Oden recently underwent his third microfracture knee surgery and his second on his left knee.

Oden briefly considered retirement, but is focused on rehabbing in Indianapolis.

Conley says Oden has expressed interest in playing for the Pacers when he recovers.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Play_Again_Interested_In_Pacers#ixzz1pJTDZ3jm

I refuse to believe that Grant Hill can come back from having cigarette ash for ankles and silly string for a groin and Greg Oden can't come back and be productive.

He needs to get with that Suns training staff ASAP

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Lakers should have grabbed Bease. Still think they did the best of any team today.
They weren't the ones who held up the trade. The Wolves didn't want to take back the extra 3 million it would have taken to make the trade work. They didn't think the upgrade of Crawford over Beasley was big enough.
I agree.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

I refuse to believe that Grant Hill can come back from having cigarette ash for ankles and silly string for a groin and Greg Oden can't come back and be productive.

He needs to get with that Suns training staff ASAP
Opportunity and ambition are two very different things.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Lakers should have grabbed Bease. Still think they did the best of any team today.
They weren't the ones who held up the trade. The Wolves didn't want to take back the extra 3 million it would have taken to make the trade work. They didn't think the upgrade of Crawford over Beasley was big enough.
I agree.
Lakers got greedy and tried to send Fish to the Wolves as well... They shouldn't have done that...

In part I think it was that +  the owner not thinking Beasley for Crawford was enough..

The Lakers were trying to unload all of their roster, instead of offering Blake + Ebanks & Morris to the Blazers which would work financially, and bring Beasley to LA, Crawford to Minny..

But no we had to include Fish to the Wolves.

But I think the Wolves would be making a mistake tying up $8mil+ on Beasley in the offseason... Way too much when Derrick Williams is just as good as Beasley, and plays the same role. And that is why Kahn was so eager to get rid of him, but the owner stopped it.

Very good point Essential, the downer for me is that you let Bease walk in the offseason for nothing, but on the otherside, we really got him for nothing. My thing is the good franchises - see patriots for example- always find a way to turn nothing into something. Crawford would have fit perfect here, and if the trade was pulled off, I think the Lakers would have benefited as well, as a laker fan would you rather be facing the heat with barnes or Bease?
 The plus side is that Crawford will probably opt out anyway, and he now knows we love him. 

Very good point Essential, the downer for me is that you let Bease walk in the offseason for nothing, but on the otherside, we really got him for nothing. My thing is the good franchises - see patriots for example- always find a way to turn nothing into something. Crawford would have fit perfect here, and if the trade was pulled off, I think the Lakers would have benefited as well, as a laker fan would you rather be facing the heat with barnes or Bease?
 The plus side is that Crawford will probably opt out anyway, and he now knows we love him. 
I would want Barnes and SuperCool both in the second unit (Barnes at 3, Beas at 4)..  My hope was to also have Arenas, demoted Blake to former Luke Walton minutes
roll.gif
, and have Goudelock be the backup SG (he is a scorer, if you have ever seen him shoot a floater it is
pimp.gif
but as a rookie has off nights).. Then throw Pau or Bynum with the second team alternating.

Barnes is inconsistent, but when he's on, he's a handful for teams. Because he is always moving.. And always going all out.

And Beas is one of the best bench players in the league..

My hope is Mitch Kupchak is smart enough to call Kahn in the offseason and convince you guys to sign Beasley for $8.1mil (I honestly can't see any team offering that to a 23 year old, even with Beas' talent.)  and trying to give you our $8.9 mil  TPE,  a future 1st and future Second...   That's my hope.. It will never happen.. But it is my hope
roll.gif

I do like the Wolves squad.. Rubio-Ridenour-Barrea-Williams-Love-Pek    are all great at doing what they are meant to be there for.. But as I said in the previous post, Beas at $8mil makes no sense especially for a small market team (no jab). But with Love's new contract,  tying up big numbers to Beas.. When Williams has better potential is financial disaster for the Wolves trying to build.   You can come close to replace Beasley for the most part for half that $... Get a great SG..  And fill in the couple holes left..  But if you sign Beasley to $8.1 mil.. There is very little wiggle room to do what needs to be done to go deep in the playoffs and the Wolves would only be able to pray on the progression of current guys.. Which is 100% possible because you have great young players, not "will he be" young guys. But how much time there is for this current window is unknown.. Especially with KLove's opt-out in 3 years.

From the 80 games the Lakers have played the Wolves
roll.gif
this year I see a few holes:  

-Backup Bigs (Beas is a backup 3/4  as can Williams, but they need a player that does the down low work like Love and Pek.. It feels like there is a drop off if they are not in there)... Brad Miller is always injured, and when he is not he is too damn old..  Darko  is Darko  we all know what that means. Randolph isn't bad, but he's a few years out... There is just such a significant drop off  in those 2 positions that it starts to dig a hole for your starters
-Starting SG (they need a bonifide scorer)
-Shooter off the bench at the 2.  (Wes is such a disappointment
tired.gif
, and Martell I actually like his game, but hate his haircut beyond words
laugh.gif
)

What I would love to see is convince  KG & Ray Allen to the Wolves...  (Even though I'd love to have KG as a backup 4/5 on the Lakers)...  They both won't start, so it is highly unlikely they would come to the Wolves, and they would both be taking drastic pay cuts, but those 2 off the bench (not getting scrub minutes, like 25 or so) would be
eek.gif
  for the Wolves... Not likely, but hell if they landed in Minny to play low end starter minutes off the bench the Wolves could compete with anyone.. I'm not saying what's likely, just what I would love to see on the Wolves. 

And Crawford would have been nice in exchange for Beasley.. (I hope the deal gets revisited in the offseason)...  *Praying dog picture*

A Rotation of:
Rubio/Ridenour/Barrea
Crawford/Allen/ Barrea
Williams/ ???
Love/KG
Pek/KG/Love

If everyone stays healthy they are a solid backup SF away from a really big run, and being an upset team in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Found this on another board
2ziy6w7.gif

By the way, the Rockets plan to buy Derek Fisher out and he hasn't reported in Houston according to http://probasketballtalk....ontract-of-derek-fisher/ anyways.
Also, no TMZ but what's this stuff about Ellis and the Warrior's owner's wife?

lacob's fiance was upset that ellis was traded. dont think it's serious. but then again, monta sends naughty pics

Owner said his wife doesn't talk to him anymore for the last 3 days and during the interview she brushed right past him and the interviewer not saying anything to either and hasn't been to a game since. I guess is she and Monta's wife were good friends. The rumor circulating obviously is Monta was smanging and that's why they traded him and not Curry. If so, I ain't mad. FWIW, I don't believe it. I still don't even believe the DeLonte and Gloria thing happened.
joelacob.jpg

x350.jpg

428042_10150656184078463_8245623462_9384607_3598970_n.jpg

428042_10150656184088463_8245623462_9384608_518216852_n.jpg

428042_10150656184093463_8245623462_9384609_572386307_n.jpg

428042_10150656184098463_8245623462_9384610_1498638945_n.jpg

Owner said his wife doesn't talk to him anymore for the last 3 days and during the interview she brushed right past him and the interviewer not saying anything to either and hasn't been to a game since. I guess is she and Monta's wife were good friends. The rumor circulating obviously is Monta was smanging and that's why they traded him and not Curry. If so, I ain't mad. FWIW, I don't believe it. I still don't even believe the DeLonte and Gloria thing happened.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
Oh, the drama.
laugh.gif
 She bad though.

Back
Top Bottom