Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

Jamaica Jamaica! We're no joke. **** the haters. Im glad Bolt stay arrogant. "I'm the best I'm a legend. Everyone talked and doubted me so now they can stop talking. I'm the best and I'm a living legend and I proved it again." YES USAIN **** these clowns :smokin

These Olympics Games definitely didn't disappoint. It was full of great performances and ended with a BANG :smokin Jamaica and the US were awesome in the sprints, both men and women. David Rudisha and Mo Farah were also pretty special to watch

One of the best games overall in a long while since Sydney.

:pimp: gatlin's leg was nice,
:x Bolt and yohan
That was good experience for bailey, I think he will make some nice progress in the future.

Big ups to all mi fellow countrymen dem.

I thought US had it but Gay got smoked and the last dude didn't even have a chance.

Fantastic race by both teams, but USA's race rotation reminded me of the Women's Jamaican team...just seemed out of order or something. All I know is one of the guys who ran in the semis for the US should have ran Tyson's leg, which may still be debatable. Man : the US and Jamaica were dead even when Bailey and Bolt got the stick, and just like Ato Boldon said, it was a gargantuan task for Bailey at that point. Still proud of everybody though, especially Justin Gatlin's redemption from being suspended. What a great comeback for him.

Fantastic race by both teams, but USA's race rotation reminded me of the Women's Jamaican team...just seemed out of order or something. All I know is one of the guys who ran in the semis for the US should have ran Tyson's leg, which may still be debatable. Man : the US and Jamaica were dead even when Bailey and Bolt got the stick, and just like Ato Boldon said, it was a gargantuan task for Bailey at that point. Still proud of everybody though, especially Justin Gatlin's redemption from being suspended. What a great comeback for him.

I think Tyson Gay should have ran the first leg, he doesn't seem to run turns that well lately. Gatlin should've been anchor. Still probably wouldn't have stood much of a chance. :\

Foot speed, chemistry, and relay quality, the team USA had in the finals was it. Any other way the USA would've been farther behind, remember they tied for the second fastest time in history and broke the American Record set in the semi-finals. Also, the man a part of their relay problems the past 3 major championships (Darvis Patton) was one of those runners who got replaced. Looking at their history of luck, I wouldn't want him in the final again.

Tyson Gay. 
roll.gif

Enh, don't count him out like that yet. He only got heatlhy again this year. With the World Championships in Moscow coming next year, let's see how his training and season looks then. I'd def suggest he takes part a lot in the indoor season this coming winter to improve on his start.

Enh, don't count him out like that yet. He only got heatlhy again this year. With the World Championships in Moscow coming next year, let's see how his training and season looks then. I'd def suggest he takes part a lot in the indoor season this coming winter to improve on his start.
Maybe, but he's getting up there in age too. He only a few months younger than Gatlin. Speaking of which, has Usain ever ran the 60m indoors? :nerd:

Allyson Felix had an INCREDIBLE Olympic games.

Only one better was Usain Bolt.

:wow: 47.8 Split :wow:

Still feel Allyson should have run the 400. and that split confirms it... thats damn near East German Roid times

her and DeDe Trotter did the Gad damn thang!

Last edited:
Gonna miss Shelly Ann.
frown.gif

Some great races and great individual performances in the track & field events.

Bolt, Felix, SAFP, the US women's 4x400, and the Jamaican's 4x100 team were all
sick.gif

The highlight for me though was the Bahamian 4x400 team winning gold.
pimp.gif

Allyson Felix had an INCREDIBLE Olympic games.
Only one better was Usain Bolt.
:wow: 47.8 Split :wow:
Still feel Allyson should have run the 400. and that split confirms it... thats damn near East German Roid times
her and DeDe Trotter did the Gad damn thang!

the only dude possibly not roided up is tyson gay :lol:

Last edited:
Jamaican athletes, who have dominated the sprint events at the London Olympics should now expect more visits by drugs testers, according to former anti-doping chief **** Pound.

Usain Bolt stormed to victory in both the 100 and 200 metres with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce snatching gold in the women's 100 as the Caribbean island consolidated its domination of the blue riband events.

"No, they are one of the groups that are hard to test, it is (hard) to get in and find them and so forth," former World Anti-Doping Agency chief Pound told Reuters Television when asked whether he was happy with the way Jamaica tested its athletes.

"I think they can expect, with the extraordinary results that they have had, that they will be on everybody's radar," said Pound, an International Olympic Committee member.

Jamaica won a clean sweep in the men's 200 with Yohan Blake and Warren Weir winning silver and bronze behind Bolt.

Blake was also second to Bolt in the 100 and the duo also combined with Nesta Carter and Michael Frater to retain the 4x100 relay title in a world record time. It was Bolt's third gold for the second successive Games.

Veronica Campbell-Brown of Jamaica also claimed bronze in the women's 100m behind Fraser-Pryce.

Pound said the IOC was still a long way away from winning the fight against doping with 11 athletes being expelled from the Games since the start of the Olympic period on July 16.

"I think it is too soon to say. I think we are gaining and getting better at science," said Pound, WADA's first president.

"We are starting to get better at smart testing. But there is a long way to go yet. In Churchillian terms, it is not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning."

Victor Conte, convicted owner of the now-defunct BALCO laboratory that was at the centre of a global doping scandal, had said earlier this week that 60 percent of athletes at the Games were on drugs.

"He is probably more likely to know than we are. I hope it is not 60 per cent, but it is certainly a lot more than we are catching," Pound said.

"The drug testing that will be done here is first class. I would not expect many cases at the Olympics because if you test positive here you fail not a drugs test but an IQ test."

The IOC will ran more than 5,000 tests at the Games that ended today.

More than 100 athletes were also caught using banned substances in the months leading up to the Games following increased testing by national and international anti-doping agencies, designed to root out cheats before they arrived in London

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympi.../Jamaican-sprinters-to-be-targeted-for-doping

Picked from Victor Conte's twitter.

Last edited:
as much as I love Dat Ting SHelly, she didnt put on a better performance than those 6. shes at the top of the next tier

Bolt/felix triple Gold
Mo double Gold
Rushida WR
Ennis & Eaton Dominant Decathlon

Back
Top Bottom