Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

laugh.gif
damn Demps got smoked

Her looks are certainly a part of it. But the bottom line is that she has a story. Failure at the Olympics prior... celibacy... homeless/bouncing around... yada, yada, yada. And you guys know that the Olympics LOVES a story. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with wanting her to be the next Marion Jones (in terms of marketing).

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Lolo Jones on Jay Leno tonight. I don't get how she's getting all this media attention, while the actual Olympic Champion on the event (Dawn Harper) gets no shine.

Come on Dip.... You know better than that.
laugh.gif
I know.
laugh.gif

I just said it to talk mess really.

K MUTHA %+@#!+ D! AND I AINT TALKING ABOUT DURANT.

Khadevis is inspiring man. full time coach, out there 35 years old still doing it for the fans.
pimp.gif

- Two days off, U.S. trials resume on Thursday
- Canadian Trials begin today
- Jamaican Trials begin tomorrow
- Euro Championships are currently going on this week
- U.K. Trials are all week

Bolt barely made the final with a terrible start. Asafa, Nesta, Bolt, Frater, Blake all in the Men's final, while SAFP, VCB, Stewart, Sherone Simpson, Ailen Bailey are all in the Women's final.

EDIT:
eek.gif
10.70 for SAFP a new National Record. VCB, Stewart, and Simpson round out the final spots for the 100 and 4x100 relay.

EDIT #2: Yohan Blake wins the Trials 100 in 9.75, Bolt had another terrible start and finished second, Powell third, and Frater fourth for the relay. All four under 10 seconds.

Jamaican Olympic Trials Mens & Womens 100m Finals:

100 Finals (Men)

1 Blake, Yohan - 9.75
2 Bolt, Usain - 9.86
3 Powell, Asafa - 9.88
4 Frater, Micheal - 9.94
5 Bailey-Cole, Kemar - 10.00
6 Carter, Nesta - 10.01
7 Clarke, Lerone - 10.07
8 Harvey, Jacques - 10.17

100 Finals (Women)

1 Fraser-Pryce, Shelly-Ann - 10.70
2 Campbell-Brown, Veronica - 10.82
3 Stewart, Kerron - 10.94
4 Simpson, Sherone - 11.01
5 Calvert, Schillonie - 11.05
6 Henry-Robinson, Samantha - 11.11
7 Bailey, Aleen - 11.12
8 Brooks, Sheri-Ann - 11.14

i Kinda think bolt cruised through the trails because he's trying to save it all for london theres no way he can't outrun a injured Powell or beat blake when it comes down to it london he will destroy everyone in the 100m and the 200m

Bolt was not cruising. do you know what him cruising looks like? go search the last two Jamaican qualifiers.

No One "cruises" in the finals of the Olympic trials and barely places in top 3

Usain struggled his *%! off in every race at qualifiers this year. he is not in good shape and his starts are horrendous

^ Pretty much. Even all throughout this season you've seen Usain straining showing teeth. That usually isn't the case in the 100, only the 200 or the 4x100 final at last year's WC. And Jamaica's not sweeping that 100, especially with Asafa's injury and the way he performs in championship finals.

Today:

- Canadian Trials are on CBC from 4-6pm EST on CBC
- U.S. Trials are from 9-10pm EST on NBC
- Jamaican Trials are available via stream (I'll update here) from 7-11pm EST.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Usain struggled his *%! off in every race at qualifiers this year. he is not in good shape and his starts are horrendous
Hasn't his starts always been horrendous tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Hasn't his starts always been horrendous tho
laugh.gif
Not from 2009 on. That was the major improvement in his races, yes there were races where he had bad starts and still won.....but what we saw the past two days were the worst starts I've ever seen from him.

Women's 100m Hurdles was a mess at the Canadian Trials a few mins ago.
30t6p3b.gif

- Perdita Felicien ('03 World Champion) false started, protested and stayed in the race.
- A second false start happened by Nikkita Holder.
- Lopes-Schliep (bronze at the '08 Olympics) was making her move in the race, hit a hurdle, got out of her lane and finished way back.
- Jessica Zelinka (who already won the Heptathlon) won the race in 12.68

As of right now Felicien and Lopes-Schliep are off the team and Zelinka may give up her spot to focus on the Heptathlon.

man got some nice looking girls in the heptathlon.. those 2 american chicks to go along with jessica ennis

Fourth fastest all-time. Only Flo-Jo, Marion Jones, and Merlene Ottey hae run faster. VCB's PB is 21.71 when she beat Felix at the '08 Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom