Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

anybody watching the match now between Bartoli V Sharapova??

any info about the chair umpire?? i have a deep crush on her...pls help :lol: :lol:

Tense...

Matchpoint.

EDIT ~ Thank goodness.
So close to hitting on my upset prediction, SP. At least I was right about the match going three sets. Thought Bartoli would rally to hold her serve at 4-4.

Impressed with Masha's resolve but think she loses in straight sets to Vika.

Broke off her engagement with Sasha. Single lady. Let's get it, fellas.

Delaying my workout to watch Del Po/Roddick. Could be the last time watching Andy.

Dilemma for tonight. U.S. Open Quarters or G-Men vs. Cowboys. I suppose flipping back-and-forth is fairly possible and efficient.

Another slow start for Del Po. Roddick capitalizes to finish off the first set. Dropped the early hammer like he was bedding his wife, Brooklyn.

Andy playing surprisingly well... and aggressive. 

EDIT ~ Andy putting a lot of heart and effort into this, I'll give him that.  

Last edited:
Andy playing surprisingly well... and aggressive. 

EDIT ~ Andy putting a lot of heart and effort into this, I'll give him that.  
Can't help but feel Roddick had to steal the second set tiebreaker as well. Just missed on the backhand at the net when Andy was down 4-3 (in the tiebreak), I believe. Ended up 5-3 in Del Po's favor instead of 4-4 in the tiebreak.

Have a feeling Del Po wins three in a row, finishes off third and fourth sets. Something like 6-4, 6-3.

Wow, double-break for Delpo. This could end fairly quickly.

Also... gotta appreciate when Delpo really lays into a flat-forehand... the power... the sound... it's incredible.

Wow, double-break for Delpo. This could end fairly quickly.

Also... gotta appreciate when Delpo really lays into a flat-forehand... the power... the sound... it's incredible.
The crazy/scary thing in this match is Del Po isn't playing at his 100% best.

Hoping but not expecting a huge push back from Andy in the fourth.

Stan completely lost his cool against Nole. Frustrated to no end.

Too much "Call of Duty" pre-match or quickie with Kim. Murray still wins in four after the slow start.

Roddick rallying a bit, crowd behind him. Bit more vocal.

Kim > Brooklyn... just sayin'! 
laugh.gif
 IMO.

Really? Most men would probably disagree. I like both, why argue or be forced to pick one.

My favorite might be Nole's on-and-off again girlfriend, Jelena.

Posted earlier, Fog's chick is an absolute smoke.

Pippa :evil: I'm ready to be in the Royal Wedding, Part Two.

Disappointing me to the bitter end.

He will always be my inspiration for in-game mental breakdowns, displacing blame and poor body language.

Happy retirement, Andrew.

Kevin: Can't argue that over a career. However, I don't think passionate Roddick fans have much to be disappointed with in this particular "final" match in the quarters against Del Po. We all know Del Po is the better player. Both players battled weather delays and effects.

Andy did well enough to hold serve in the throwaway third set to setup his serve first game of the fourth set.

Hustling out there. Fairly positive body language individually, box supportive, crowd was into it outside of the third set. Worked hard for the early break in fourth set, game two.

Side Note: I like Del Po far better than Berdych, or Ferrer. I also like Nico over Ferrer in terms of Spaniards.

This is the worst I've seen Muzz play in recent months (Wimbledon, Olympics, U.S. Open).

Best case scenario is Murray wakes up in time to win this match in five.

Cilic folding up. Too tight. Unorthodox rotation and delivery point on his serve. Double-faulted twice in the tenth game of the second set. Muzz is winning this thing in five.

Muzz rallying back from down 5-1 in the second set. Down 4-2 in the tiebreaker to win the second set. A lot of negative body language though. The Lendl partnership is money.

Love the camera time for Pippa and Kim.

Brooklyn was tearing up throughout Roddick's last two games in the fourth set.

Just saw a glimpse of Berdych's girl. She is fire :wow: :smokin. Surprised that Fed was the one who invited Pippa to watch a match. If Murray is ever single he should try to get at her.

Just saw a glimpse of Berdych's girl. She is fire :wow: :smokin. Surprised that Fed was the one who invited Pippa to watch a match. If Murray is ever single he should try to get at her.
Will be on the lookout for Berdych's girl in tonight's match. Would plow her regardless, don't like the guy.

Muzz could never pull Pippa. That's royalty, brotha. Andy's got a foul mouth, bad video game habits, and publicly speaks about disregarding training advice such as abstaining from sex during major tournaments.

Think I saw Tyson Chandler in Flushing Meadows for the "prime-time" matches.

^
Well, her sister is the one that's royalty but she's close as it gets. Probably the most sought after notch on anyone's belt right now. Maybe she would give a less polished guy like Murray a chance. A bunch of pro athletes probably have her in their sights.

Back
Top Bottom