Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

For sure. We know Prince Harry has no shot based on reputation and being in the tabloids for negative partying.

I find it funny how athletes reach out to en-vogue women in the public eye. For example, the Red Sox reaching out to Alicia Sacramone after the 2008 Olympics. Andy Roddick seeing Brooklyn Decker in the magazine and having his agent setup a date.

Closest I've ever come to dating a professional female athlete was a lower-level fitness model. Surprisingly she had issues with insecurity, body image (perfection), and trusting men, quite ironically.

Props on the model.

One of my friends from college dated a UFC fighter. We went to a party and all the guys acted like groupies around him :lol:.

Thanks, man. Honestly wasn't worth the trouble. Extremely vain with an assortment of issues. I'm done picking up girls at clubs and bars.

If you don't mind me asking, which UFC fighter?

^
It was Philip Nover. He only had a few fights before he gave up fighting. He started out on The Ultimate Fighter show.

Damn, Ana only had 1 point in the first set. I was hoping she'd at least score a few more points. Better than a double goose egg I guess :\.

Do the female commentators always have to gush over Serena's serving? I know it's impressive but they make a big deal out of it all the time now. They said she had more aces than anyone at Wimbledon, even men. But I thought Kohlschreiber had more than her but maybe she passed him since she was in the final. I think overall the men's game have better returners so her ace count might be inflated a bit.

I picked up on that as well. "That's why Serena has the best serve in the women's game." As if the announcers must validate that assertion every three minutes.

I can't watch Ana get dismantled like this. Light work for Serena, not even breaking a sweat. I'm hoping Errani can pull the upset, but doubt it. Even with her strong performances in 2012 in the French and now the U.S. Open. Has to be Vika/Serena in the final.

Fed/Nole in the men's final.

Ready for Fed/Berdych. Flipping between that and G-Men/Boys.

Players I'm tracking for the future: Querrey, Raonic, Fognini.

Berdych's serve is on tonight. Could spell possible trouble for Roger.

First set to Berdych 7-6 after the tiebreaker. Haven't seen the girlfriend in his box yet.

Fed down 2-0 in the second set. What on Earth is going on. First Muzz digging a hole, now Roger. Come on, man. Extinguish Berdych, now.

Last edited:
Momentum is shifting... c'mon Federer!
I'm also pulling for the Roger comeback. Five-setter would be ideal/perfect.

Fed's serve is not his best tonight. Walkover against Fish didn't created rust, unusual practice time. It showed first two sets.

Berdych is tightening up. Was previously ripping forehand winners with power.

That long rest between matches definitely did not help Fed tonight

As good as Berdych was Fed really beat himself up tonight. You could tell once he started limiting his errors in the third set he was starting to take control.

Still, hitting forehands into the stand :smh: :x

Just saw a glimpse of Berdych's girl. She is fire :wow: :smokin.

This

I was really hoping Roger could have came back after that 3rd but props to Berdych for showing a lot of mental fortitude especially in the beginning of the 4th. This was the 1st time I've watched Berdych play and I don't have anything against him but I hope Andy kills him

Really? Most men would probably disagree. I like both, why argue or be forced to pick one.

My favorite might be Nole's on-and-off again girlfriend, Jelena.

Posted earlier, Fog's chick is an absolute smoke.

Pippa
devil.gif
I'm ready to be in the Royal Wedding, Part Two.
Kim > Brooklyn... just sayin'! 
laugh.gif
 IMO.
Agreed. Kim has a more beautiful face. Brooklyn obviously has that chest but her face is ok.
Yep, that's exactly my reasoning behind it.  Obvs Brooklyn has the body, but I was just going with the face and overall impression.  Kim seems to be more down to earth... girl-next-door sorta thing.  Having said that, no one like her ever lived next door to me. 
eyes.gif

Anyway. The ladies.

2012+US+Open+Day+10+k6nEcHwkJRlx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+10+7mbkTzIJ7lhx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+10+6lU7AVgTAKox.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+10+4trG--45DgHx.jpg

Ester  Satorova.  Incidentally, Berdych's previous girl was... Lucie Safarova.

2012+US+Open+Day+10+J3fHlLljmIex.jpg

That long rest between matches definitely did not help Fed tonight

As good as Berdych was Fed really beat himself up tonight. You could tell once he started limiting his errors in the third set he was starting to take control.

Still, hitting forehands into the stand
mean.gif
sick.gif
I haven't watched the Fed/Berd match yet, so obvs I can't comment on his actual performance, but I don't buy the long-rest-between-matches reason.  Had he been affected by the rain and had to play back-to-back, they could have easily said that he didn't get enough rest in-between.  If anything, Fed's played more matches than any of the top-guys this year and so a bit of rest didn't hurt him.  

Looking at some Tweets, it seems he just didn't play well enough and made a few too many errors.  

And finally... 

Andy+Roddick+2012+Open+Day+7+-R83o7B9GEAx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+10+tb_Ft0430Pzx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+10+rlTZFfS4uUfx.jpg

anybody watching the match now between Bartoli V Sharapova??

any info about the chair umpire?? i have a deep crush on her...pls help
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't remember her name, but Eva Asderaki is worth checking out too! 
wink.gif

CruThik ~ Yep, he was there....

2012+US+Open+Day+10+jmNDxdaOfWZx.jpg

:lol: Bottle of Moet in the background.

For some reason I cannot get into this Ferrer/Tipsarevic match. Don't really like either player. Went to workout for 90 minutes during the majority of the first two sets.

Janko's chick is a smoke.

Yeah, I don't really care much for either, but Tipsy can come-off as sort of a jerk sometimes, while Ferrer is probably the hardest worker on the men's tour right now.  The guy doesn't have a particular killer-weapon, but he will run every ball down and make you earn your points.  His effort is 2nd-to-none, so I guess I'd like to see him go through.

And ummm... yeah.

2012+US+Open+Day+10+BkCJd6eMKkRx.jpg

Kudos for posting that pic, my friend.

Well deserved fifth set for Ferrer. Only thing he lacks is elite power to his game that many of the contemporaries possess.

I think David pulls it off in the deciding fifth, should be a dog fight regardless.

Tipsy's legs starting to go. Like I said, not a fan of Ferrer per se but any tennis fan can appreciate his work ethic, determination, and willingness to grind/scrap for difficult points.

Tipsarevic's serve isn't cooking like it was the opening three sets.

Edit: Odd momeny in the fifth set, second game. Serve clearly in called out. Ferrer arguing with the chair umpire quite a bit.

Ferrer has to hold here for 3-1, break back, and hold serve again for 3-3.

Last edited:
Another key point, chair umpire has allowed Tipsy to take up to 37 seconds on his serve. Now it's typical to go over the standard 25, but that's slowing down each game, each set, and the match as a whole too much.

Ferrer smart to speed it up in this fifth set down 4-1 trying to hold serve. He's one break away from being "back in it." Come on, David. Make Rafa and Nico proud.

match of the tourney
Wouldn't argue that. Air tight in the fifth and final set down to the tiebreaker, even with Janko's unfortunate injury.

I personally enjoyed Vika/Stosur more. That's just me.

SP: More Jelena!

Guys, early predictions for both men's semis? Murray better get off to a better start, can't come out flat like he did against Cilic. Wonder if Berdych can continue serving exceptionally and applying aggressive power with placement to his forehand. I'll go Andy in five.

Djoker over Del Po in four tonight.

Semifinal spot isn't a given for Nole against Del Po, but I foresee Djoker over Ferrer in four.

Would like to see Murray get "revenge" against Nole for the Australian earlier this year.

If Tipsy learned to use the drop shot, he wouldve won that match. So many times Ferrer was camped out way behind the baseline. Ferrer is a machine. That boy dont ever get tired.

If Tipsy learned to use the drop shot, he wouldve won that match. So many times Ferrer was camped out way behind the baseline. Ferrer is a machine. That boy dont ever get tired.
Point noted.

I was thinking that this is the one major tournament where Berdych, Del Po, and Ferrer should step it up. A Slam Final is ripe for the picking with Rafa (knees) out, Fed upset, Murray looking vulnerable against Milos and Cilic, and Nole recently dealing with the loss of a family member (months ago but probably still somewhat fresh).

This celebrity game with Sandler and Kevin James is a complete waste of time generating little to no interest. Give me Nole and Del Po. I have work at 5:30 AM tomorrow, ESPN.

So Nole in four. Djoker takes first, third, and fourth sets. Del Po takes second.

6-3, 7-6, 6-4, 6-2.

Back
Top Bottom