Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

I think Rafa, Nole and Fer all have tremendous defensive skills. The biggest difference is that Fer doesn't have that go-to attacking weapon Nole and Rafa has.  Fer will wear down most of his opponents, but against the top guys, it won't be that easy.  

No, I don't follow Am football, but having lived in Seattle, go 'Hawks! 
tongue.gif

There was an F1 race earlier tonight, but I'm glad it didn't overlap with the tennis! 

2012+US+Open+Day+14+Wksckd7x-PXx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+14+RS8LKYqO1qjx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+14+l9-ID9xkJqFx.jpg

Well, that was quick. Nole will be "rested enough" for Andy tomorrow. Any word on what time the Men's Final will be played on Monday?

Ready for Vika/Serena. You watching, SP?

Nole. Actually, this was a straight-sets win.  Crazy rallies.

I'd really like to see Andy take this, but it'll be tough. 

EDIT ~ Final will be at 4PM I think.  I'll TRY to watch the ladies final... dunno if I'll last! LOL

Last edited:
Not gonna dare make any predictions! Don't wanna jinx nuthin'! LOL

This was so 
eek.gif

laugh.gif

Ready for this Women's Final. Flipping between this and Packers/Niners. Serena in straight sets. Three, hopefully just because I want more good tennis before the Slam season ends.

I don't think I'll last the entire match. 5AM here... struggling.

My man. 
pimp.gif

2012+US+Open+Day+14+1MdQSrTAqCfx.jpg

2012+US+Open+Day+14+74sZC_PACwgx.jpg

That's rough, my friend. I suppose you staying awake is a direct correlation to the excitement of the match.

Exact feeling I had during the Australian. Waking up at 4:30 AM to watch the Men's Final was brutal, but well worth it.

Nah, just started. Serena held. Short points.

Dunno how the hell I'm gonna do the men's final. 

Liking Vika's spirit thus far to try holding serve second game. She's typically a slower starter than this.

Yo Serena is loooking great :smh: :wow: one of her best years IMO :pimp:
Dominance. I've never seen anyone in the women's game serve this well, power with placement. Effective. Even opposing players that are good with their service games can barely hold. Makes it near impossible to beat Serena at the moment. Ana, Errani, (possibly) Vika. Good run.

Vika rallying in the second set. Currently 4-1, Vika's serve 30-30. Double break.

Can't take the dude from LMFAO in the crowd seriously. Does he truly follow tennis?

I feel like Azarenka would look a lot better in looser clothing, I dunno. Surprised to see her hanging around here.

I feel like Azarenka would look a lot better in looser clothing, I dunno. Surprised to see her hanging around here.
This is the new Vika. She used to get down on herself which would ultimately cost her points. Now this new Vika seems dialed in and ready to compete. If Serena gets it, it won't be easy.

Excellent Women's Final. Happy for the three-setter regardless.

Spoke to soon about Serena, lol. She's losing momentum and Vita is gaining
Unforced errors will be Serena's downfall if she loses this third set. Very possible that Serena gets a break back at some point, possibly at 3-2 or 4-3. Ghosts of the U.S. Open mentally haunting Serena.

Azarenka dominating since Serena won that 1st set.

Excellent match.. I'm rooting for Serena cause she got me into tennis way way back. But Azarenka is easily my second favorite in women's tennis (so sexy). Serena gonna need to break her here....

Nice comeback by Serena.
pimp.gif

Looks like the pressure got to Azarenka a bit.

Congrats to Serena.

Very tough loss for Vika. A third set is all most of us hoped for, but Vika had all the momentum leading in the third set. Couldn't serve out for the match. Nerves. Wasn't getting her first serve in from the tenth game on.

Back
Top Bottom