Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste. The door was unlocked, swung open, and all he had to do was walk through it, but even that was too hard for him.
Dat privilege.

I have no proof to back this up but maybe he started boxing so that his father would sober up.

^
those guys arent making excuses, just trying to figure out why he took boxing when its obvious his heart is not there.

If that's not an excuse then I don't know what is. Tell me what is the base of these assumptions that now, when he's once again struggling with weight, all of a sudden it's "it's possible his father forced him into it" or "his heart isn't in it"? If you've followed this kid throughout his life, this is all he's been about. Being at fights, being around boxing, from youth to adulthood always saying this is what he's wanted to do - follow in his father's footsteps. Now all of a sudden, his heart isn't in it.

So you mean to tell me now that he's struggling with weight, folks can just throw these things out there that are NEVER mentioned by him or his camp to try and justify why he shows he's nothing more than a spoiled brat with no regard for rules or regulations because he thinks he's above that? There's a reason this crap is only always brought up when he's struggling by his fans. It's a huge excuse and a cop out when the guys clearly just wants everything done his way because he feels that's his birth right.

I swear it's just dudes like this who can get away with it. Pavlik is a guy who is an example of someone whose heart wasn't in it after a fight. But the guy got crucified for it. And JCC Jr. just skates by with everyone making excuses for him.

Last edited:
:lol: I am the farthest thing from a Chavez Jr fan. I'm pretty sure I said in this thread somewhere that I hope he gets knocked out by someone more deserving of the title. Do I think he's a lazy brat? Absolutely. But there's a possibility that he doesn't want to be a boxer. Of course he probably wanted to at some point when he was a kid thinking it was cool. But his perception could have changed over the course of time. Even then, he's not going to say it publicly. He's going to go through the motions and just rehash the lines his father taught him to say.

I like Kellerman but he sounds like Garth when Wayne got fired

Looking forward to this fight and the next one too

Last edited:
Is Cloud good at fighting on the inside? Seems like if he uses his quickness better on the inside he could be more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom