OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Good idea. His offensive line is too good to fail.

PPR format? That changes whether I'd include Sproles.

Bernard and Shorts or Williams for CJ2K and Floyd. He may ask or want Sproles instead of Gio.

found some pretty cool ststs about week one.  

** Peyton Manning not only tied an NFL record with 7 TD passes in Week 1, but he also became the first QB in NFL history to pass for at least six TDs on three separate occasions.

** There were 3 QBs who passed for 400+ yards in Week 1. Nobody threw for 400 yards in 2012. There were also 12 QBs who threw for 300+ yards in Week 1 compared to 9 in 2012, 3 in 2010 and 6 in 2009. In 2011, 14 QBs threw for 300+ yards.

** Week 1 produced 63 TD passes, the most for any week in NFL history. The previous record was 58, set in Week 17 of 2007 and Week 13 of 2004.

** Only 3 players rushed for 100 yards in Week 1 and one of them was a QB (Terrelle Pryor). That compares to 5 100-yard rushers in Week of 2012, 7 in 2011, 4 in 2010 and 5 in 2009.

** The average rushing yards per team in Week 1 was 93.4, the 5th lowest average for any single week since 1970. The lowest ever was 90.5 in Week 10 of 2001.

** All NFL teams seem to be running more plays with the hurry-up offenses, led by Chip Kelly in Philadelphia. The Eagles ran 77 plays against Washington on Monday Night, which was third in the league behind New England's 89 and Baltimore's 87. The NFL average was 65 plays per team in Week 1. But the Eagles ran 53 plays in the first half, the second most of all-time behind Minnesota's 56 on Dec. 13th, 1998.

** There were 4 safeties in Week 1, the 2nd most in NFL history. Since 1940, there have been 11 weeks that featured 4 safeties, but only one (Week 14 of 2011) that featured 5 safeties.

Need some advice guys I just got offered

Mike Wallace
MJD

For

Steve smith
Fred Jackson

My WRs are...

Marshall
Wayne
Thompkins

My RBs are

Ridley
L.miller
CJ spiller

Yeah, it's 1PPR which is why I also would prefer to keep Sproles.  I'm definitely willing to trade Gio's upside for a proven commodity.  I'm concerned Floyd loses his WR2 job to Roberts soon if he doesn't begin to play well.

Need some advice guys I just got offered

Mike Wallace
MJD

For

Steve smith
Fred Jackson

My WRs are...

Marshall
Wayne
Thompkins

My RBs are

Ridley
L.miller
CJ spiller
I wouldn't do that.  The handcuff for Spiller is more valuable to me than what little MJD can provide at this point.

Swap Floyd for Thomas.

I like the Wallace and MJD side. You're essentially getting a third-rounder in MJD. Jacksonville has no other threat but to run the football. Worst case, they trade him to a contender and his numbers spike.

Philbin and Tanny listened to Wallace. He was frying against Indianapolis.

So it's best to keep both spiller and Fred Jackson?
Right now is likely the peak of Jackson's value for the season; going forward Buffalo will realize that Spiller's skill set demands the bulk of the carries.  I would try to counter for a starting RB in a slightly better situation just to see what I could get but make it known that you still have interest in the initial offer because 3-4 weeks from now you won't be able to get MJD for FJax.

Last edited:
Fiend: Smitty has the slight edge. He's a proven veteran. Gets his regardless of the situation around him. No true #2 WR playing alongside him.

JRS: That was a typo. Keep Floyd in standard. Keep Roberts in PPR. Roberts is a possession receiver, like but not half as good as Welker. He's a safety valve. Short crossing routes, quick slants. Carson's relief.

Floyd has more upside and TD potential, but he hasn't showed it the first two weeks.

Yeah I figured Roberts was the better pick up since he's in the slot and Carson loved him on 3rd down Week 1. I'm 5th on the wire currently and a couple of dudes ahead me need RBs but I think I'll be ok and should be able to grab Moreno.

I have a feeling Moreno won't get to you, unless the league has lesser active owners.

Two TD's in a highly publicized Manning Bowl, coupled with Ball's fumble and drop in stock.

Plus one dude has MJD and David Wilson as his backs :x Hopefully AJ Green goes off for 30 again tonight, and he slots behind me.

Last edited:
Had Moreno on the bench and traded FJax and Bowe for Edelman, Wilson, and a roster spot. Plus I have Rice, Fitz, and Witten.:smh: Rough week to say the least. Should I drop Harvin for Royal, Hutch, or Pierce?

Fiend: Smitty has the slight edge. He's a proven veteran. Gets his regardless of the situation around him. No true #2 WR playing alongside him.

JRS: That was a typo. Keep Floyd in standard. Keep Roberts in PPR. Roberts is a possession receiver, like but not half as good as Welker. He's a safety valve. Short crossing routes, quick slants. Carson's relief.

Floyd has more upside and TD potential, but he hasn't showed it the first two weeks.
you think housler's return changes this?

palmer went to brandon myers a lot last year, plus  housler is a way better athlete than myers was too. 

LHS: I do. Housler was a TE sleeper along with Cameron and Myers. The injury changed things, but he still has 14 games to produce.

Moe: I'd drop Percy for Royal, unless it's a keeper league. Moreno not available?

LHS: I do. Housler was a TE sleeper along with Cameron and Myers. The injury changed things, but he still has 14 games to produce.

Moe: I'd drop Percy for Royal, unless it's a keeper league. Moreno not available?
I picked up Moreno last week but I benched him. Rice and TRich have not really produced for me. I was thinking Royal too.

Who should I try and package to get a WR1 or RB1?

RB:

Ray Rice

Trent RIchardson

Knowshon Moreno

David Wilson

Le'Veon Bell

Joique Bell

WR:

Julian Edelman

Larry FItzgerald

Hakeem Nicks

Josh Gordon

Percy Harvin Eddy Royal

Should I wait? I feel like I might be overreacting.

housler might be my next FA pick up. i snagged celek up sunday morning and dropped sudfeld but the eagles kept going downfield to jackson all game, celek had a bagel. 

i started myers and was glad eli was going to him early, couldve been cause they were down but then he got hurt and might have a fractured rib. 

now i might drop celek for housler.

Rice is looking expendable with Pierce behind him. Baltimore could struggle as a whole.

Something involving Edelman, highest value in PPR and valuable before Gronk returns. Nicks can be moved in a package for a WR1.

Your RB depth is rock solid.

Nicks, Edelman, Bench RB for Julio, Dezzy, Demaryius. See if any of the three owners bite.

Took a chance on the trade. I think Wallace will do the same as Smith. I'm taking a chance to see if MJD shows up. Just have a feeling I guess. :lol:

Rice is looking expendable with Pierce behind him. Baltimore could struggle as a whole.

Something involving Edelman, highest value in PPR and valuable before Gronk returns. Nicks can be moved in a package for a WR1.

Your RB depth is rock solid.

Nicks, Edelman, Bench RB for Julio, Dezzy, Demaryius. See if any of the three owners bite.
Good looks. Just sent the trades out, hope someone bites.

EDIT: Should I also try for Cobb?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom