***Official 2013 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Offseason Thread***

Other than Yahoo, ESPN, and the LA Times trying to fire him I haven't heard of anything from the club. If we continue to play .380 baseball tho he has to go.

Then he'll go to the Dodgers and win 2 WS.... :smh:

I'm hoping Weaver, Madsen, Aybar, Borjous can all come back and we can make a push at the 2nd WC spot at least. Oakland sucks. Not worried about them.

To me we're not playing the way Scioscia teams used to - small ball. No ones trying to walk or steal bases. This team seems like they're swinging for the fences every at bat (Last night for example) The Royals starter earlier on was struggling to throw strikes still got away with it. :smh:

Put Trout back to lead off and Howie batting 2nd. Mike hesitates to steal bases because of Pujols behind him.

Earvin Santana 3-2 2.79 ERA
WTF ? :wow: watch him win the Cy Young :lol:

So yeah Fire Butcher

Blanton and Hanson need to go. I'd rather see them start Richards and Williams before we ever start those two again, ever.

I say we give Wang or Jurrjens a try ....

Quote:
To me we're not playing the way Scioscia teams used to - small ball. No ones trying to walk or steal bases. This team seems like they're swinging for the fences every at bat (Last night for example) The Royals starter earlier on was struggling to throw strikes still got away with it.
mean.gif
Exactly!!! Like I said in the MLB Season thread like a week ago:

"My feeling on Scoscia is the same as folks say about my other coach, D'Antoni.

If the system isn't right for him, he looks horrible.

And our system isn't right for him anymore. Hasn't been for years.

We have completely changed from what we were in 2002. We used to be 'small ball w/ a strong bullpen', and now we are 'big names w/ a terrible bullpen'.

Vladdy, Torii, Vernon Wells, Matsui, Pujols, Josh, rented Teixeira... Bartolo Colon, CJ Wilson, rented Greinke...

... now we grab big names, and guys like Figgins, Eckstein, Erstad, those weren't big names. Percival was kind of a big name, and KRod became a big name... but effectiveness was the priority.

Buck Showalter, Dusty Baker... we've had lineups these last few years more suited to their style.

I don't think Scoscia makes it through May."

And to add to that, the only reason that matters is because of what you just said: the WAY small ball is played. You don't pick up big names... and have them steal bases. You don't pick up Albert and Josh to play 1st to 3rd ball. I mean, you could, I know Scoscia could, but for some reason, I get the feeling he doesn't have the freedom he had when we first picked him up. I've felt like for a few years. I think he's handcuffed to play a certain way.

Quote:

And to add to that, the only reason that matters is because of what you just said: the WAY small ball is played. You don't pick up big names... and have them steal bases. You don't pick up Albert and Josh to play 1st to 3rd ball. I mean, you could, I know Scoscia could, but for some reason, I get the feeling he doesn't have the freedom he had when we first picked him up. I've felt like for a few years. I think he's handcuffed to play a certain way.

Man its painfull to watch Pujols run like i get tired watching him rumble down the base He runs like Arnold in the movie "Commando" . :lol:

but yeah i agree Sciosc's handcuffed to play a certain way the last couple of years. They've added more power in the lineup which makes stealing bases and aggressive baserunning a cardinal sin :lol:

Quote:I don't think Scoscia makes it through May."

The Los Angeles Angels have one of the worst records — and highest payrolls — in the American League, but owner Arte Moreno said Wednesday that the job of manager Mike Scioscia is safe.

Moreno spoke to FOXSports.com outside Major League Baseball’s headquarters in New York, where he is attending this week’s owners’ meetings. He said the chances of an in-season managerial change are “right now, zero.”

“Mike has zero problems, OK?” Moreno said. “This is his 14th year. Mike goes beyond what he does on the field. He’s a good person. He’s a good person in the community, a very good baseball guy. You don’t have to ask me. You just ask other managers, other baseball people.

Owner Moreno defends Mike Scioscia

Thank god i thought this season will parallel the Laker season :smh:

Honestly, if we fire Scioscia...

I don't even know. My heart would hurt so much IDK if I'd be able to rep the squad.

no doubt, man. but I mean, we all know how it is in sports. coach is always the first to go whenever there's an attempt to shake things up. that's what I fear.

7 in a row :pimp:

Not too impressive because it's against teams who we should be beating but it's nice to see us playing well.

Blanton and Buckner surprised me. I thought for sure they would end the streak.

Keep it up! Weaver should be back vs. Dodgers

Last edited:
As we continue to suck I'd thought it'd be fun to see how guys we let go of are doing this season on their new teams.

Pitchers
Ervin Santana 5-5 2.74 71K 13BB 1.00 WHIP
Dan Haren 4-8 5.72 62K 13BB 1.41 WHIP
Zack Greinke 3-2 4.22 35K 15BB 1.41 WHIP
Jordan Walden 2-1 3.32 21K 4BB 1.16 WHIP

Position Players
Torii Hunter .292 3HR 27 RBI 36 R 1SB
Kendrys Morales .278 8HR 36 RBI 27 R 0SB
Maicer Izturis .224 3HR 10 RBI 14 R 0SB
Jean Segura .330 10HR 30 RBI 40 R 19SB

Never liked just handing Ervn awa to KC :smh:

I never would have thought Segura would be this good. The few games he did play for us he looked absolutely overmatched. Would love to have his speed/bat at the top of our lineup.

I haven't completely given up on the division yet. I don't think Oakland is good enough to run away with it so if Texas keeps scuffling we may be able to make some ground as the season goes on.

It was time for Santana to go ...too inconsistent over here :smh:

Did Segura ever get to play in the Big leagues before the trade?

I probably confused him with Alexei Amerista :lol:

I'd like to announce my retirement from making the annual Season Thread |I

I vote Kookcle or Naija to take over :nerd:

Dem feels. :\

Look, I'm superstitious, too, but at the end of the day, we're not the ones taking the field. We're not the ones breaking the bank for has-beens. :\

Oh I meant more-so because I didn't keep updating the thread after June :lol:

I used to post more often back in my dorm-room days so I was able to keep the thread up to date.

However, it seems like you guys want me to continue leading the way. I retract my retirement :lol:

See you guys in 2014 :pimp:

The team was top 10 in batting this year what a waste ...so frustrating :smh:

Trade Buorjos and Callhoun for some arms

Oh I meant more-so because I didn't keep updating the thread after June :lol:

I used to post more often back in my dorm-room days so I was able to keep the thread up to date.

However, it seems like you guys want me to continue leading the way. I retract my retirement :lol:

See you guys in 2014 :pimp:

Yup no need to change it :pimp:

Damn 4 pages this year on this thread... Shows how our season went :smh:. So I hear Cano is looking for a 10 year $305mill contract... Sounds like someone Arte would sign :x

^ definitely think we need to chill on signing big names.

I'm wondering if Arte will be looking at Dusty. :nerd:

^ definitely think we need to chill on signing big names.

I'm wondering if Arte will be looking at Dusty. :nerd:

Any of ya'll keep up with OC Register Angels coverage?

They have been going IN on Arte lately. Vilification is on full bore. Angry Arte is one of the most callous dudes in Southern California sports. His way or the highway and he doesn't give a damn about the fans opinion anymore.

Brahs. It's not looking good for us :x :smh:

I knew it was all downhill after he so(u)ld out as much ad space at the stadium as humanly possible.

:smh: ****

Dipoto and Scioscia are going to try to work it out and will return in 2014. The two found out in the middle of last week and the world caught wind on Tuesday, via a team-issued press release in which Dipoto and Scioscia both announced that bench coach Rob Picciolo and [COLOR=#red]hitting coach Jim Eppard will not return.[/COLOR]

Third-base coach Dino Ebel will be promoted to bench coach, and the Angels will spend the next few weeks poring through candidates to fill three spots on the Major League staff -- hitting coach, third-base coach and a third, unidentified position -- before the spring.

View media item 609840
They fired the hitting coach when the problem all year was pitching.

Butcher Stays?!?

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME ?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly, I don't so much have a problem with that. We've had problems with pitching for a few years, but to say that our hitting has been top notch would be a lie. We have Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols, and Mike Trout, with a bunch of speedsters; we should be averaging like 98 runs a game.

Back
Top Bottom