Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

I really don't understand the "Bazz can't play guard" argument at all...
same here, one of his strengths coming into UCLA was how great he was on defense then he gained weight when he got hurt and now is playing lazy defense. im pretty sure if he drops his weight durning work outs for the draft he will be able to lock up at SG again

cause he cant dribble at all especially with his right hand, bazz never handles the ball. dude has more turnovers than assists steals & blocks combined. all he can do is score & i dont think he'll be able to score as easily in the nba when a 6'8 dude is guarding him

The kid Clyburn is nice as hell...

MCW is gonna move up quick when those NBA workout starts....wouldn't be suprise if he goes 1-3 with this draft.

I like MCW, Fast 6-6 point guards don't come around often. Jumper needs work though

MCW has some statistical red flags that I can't get over.

I saw a stat, a large majority of his assists come from Isolation plays and he doesn't run the pick and roll that efficiently., imo thats a big red flag, people don't isolate their point guards in the NBA, it just doesn't really happen, and his lack of jumper makes it difficult for me to envision him being an effective isolation player against NBA caliber defenders. It makes it difficult for me to project him to the NBA.

What do y'all think about Nate Wolters? He can run a pick and roll and can is a dead eye shooter he's low key a really really intriguing prospect, those are NBA skills, there's gotta be a place for him.

Last edited:
Gottlieb knows his **** but that list is just different for the sake of being different. :lol:

cause he cant dribble at all especially with his right hand, bazz never handles the ball. dude has more turnovers than assists steals & blocks combined. all he can do is score & i dont think he'll be able to score as easily in the nba when a 6'8 dude is guarding him
I feel u on this 100%...he can def get buckets in college, but i dont see how he's gonna score in the league as a 6'5 sf...

I feel u on this 100%...he can def get buckets in college, but i dont see how he's gonna score in the league as a 6'5 sf...

If he plays SF, he's going to have problems. There's no reason he can't play SG though. He can shoot spotting up, come off screens and post up - trust me, that's bringing a lot more to the table then a lot of starting shooting guards.

I'm not sure how good he's going to be though. To be really, really good in the NBA, you need to be good in isolation or in the pick and roll - or else you're a role player. If he gets really good at posting up, teams are going to throw SFs on him and shut him down. I need to see more of his off the dribble game before making judgment. He's also not the athlete that I expected him to be. He looks closer to being average than elite.

Kinda reminds me of a stronger Kevin Martin.

Is nerlens the first big time prospect to have an major Injury in this One and done era?

Is nerlens the first big time prospect to have an major Injury in this One and done era?

The number one pick will largely depend on who gets the pick.

A team like the Cavs should probably draft Noel at number one. If all goes well, Noel will be back on the court by the end of this year or beginning of next year. Of course, there's still a recovery time after his initial return.

Len isnt in the talk for #1 :lol:

The only guys that gm's were talking about that they would consider with the first pick was Mclemore, Noel, Bennett.

Don't see Nerlens stock dropping at all. Too good not to go #1.

Although it wasnt a ligament tear, Kyrie missed the majority of his 1 year and went #1. That seemed to have worked out just fine. Also, Kenyon Martin broke his foot and went #1

If I really suck, I'm taking Nerlens and let him rehab fully and plan or hope I suck enough again the following year for Wiggins.

If he does fall to 3 or 4 due to this, Cleveland makes a ton of sense.

Back
Top Bottom