Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

[h6]Keith (NJ)[/h6]

How high can Victor Oladipo actually go? top three? He really is great on both ends of the floor
[h6] [/h6][h6] [/h6][h6] [/h6][h6]Chad Ford[/h6]
  (1:34 PM)

For sure Top 3. Who knows, he may end up going No. 1. His defense is obviously well ahead of his offense right now, but he's much improved as a scorer. Without an elite player at the top, teams start hunting for needs and Oladipo's extreme athletic ability and motor are appealing. I think he's this year's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. You draft him that high based on the motor/intangibles and have faith the offense will work itself out.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/47360

Don't think Vic is top 3 in any draft but he made a pretty good point with the MKG comparison. He's the SG version of him...but everyone had no problems saying MKG was a top 3 pick.

Don't think Vic is top 3 in any draft but he made a pretty good point with the MKG comparison. He's the SG version of him...but everyone had no problems saying MKG was a top 3 pick.

MKG is 6-8 and he did all of this a the age of 18 can play and gaurd more positions, Olidipo is 2 years older.

MKG is 6-8 and he did all of this a the age of 18 can play and gaurd more positions, Olidipo is 2 years older.
Which is why I said the "guard" version.

At the end of the day, Vic is optimal size for a 2 and MKG is optimal size for a 3. I'm guessing you're rounding their ages off or something but I don't think being born in May of 92 and September of 93 is a big difference but...ok.

Maybe MKG is capable of "playing and guarding" more positions but he hasn't this year. He's been almost exclusively plugged in at the 3 spot. Maybe as his shooting improves he can slide down to the 2 and because the PF is virtually obsolete in the NBA...he can play the 4 I guess.

They're both superior athletes who are capable of being elite defenders at the pro level and who CAN be scorers if they continue to develop. Again...I really don't see the difference as far as what they can do right now. 

Last edited:
Does Otto Porter have a higher NBA upside than MKG?
I think Porter's not the elite athlete that MKG is, but more polished shooting the ball.

I see a lot of Tayshaun Prince in Porter. Whereas I think MKG can be Andre Iguodala-like.

Last edited:
Where does someone like Nate Wolters go in the draft? Early second? Sleeper pick in the 1st? He's one of the players I'm hoping the Knicks are interested in.

Which is why I said the "guard" version.

At the end of the day, Vic is optimal size for a 2 and MKG is optimal size for a 3. I'm guessing you're rounding their ages off or something but I don't think being born in May of 92 and September of 93 is a big difference but...ok.

Maybe MKG is capable of "playing and guarding" more positions but he hasn't this year. He's been almost exclusively plugged in at the 3 spot. Maybe as his shooting improves he can slide down to the 2 and because the PF is virtually obsolete in the NBA...he can play the 4 I guess.

They're both superior athletes who are capable of being elite defenders at the pro level and who CAN be scorers if they continue to develop. Again...I really don't see the difference as far as what they can do right now. 

I'm not saying I disagree with the comparison, im just saying that is the reason people didn't question him going 3. Premium size, can gaurd 1-4, can play both wings spots and 4 in a pinch.

Where does someone like Nate Wolters go in the draft? Early second? Sleeper pick in the 1st? He's one of the players I'm hoping the Knicks are interested in.

IF he upsets some people in the tourney, he can get sneak into the first. Been saying this for a while, what skills are more valuable that elite shooting, and the ability to run the pick and roll in todays nba. Wolters can do both, plus premium size for the position.

Im a huge Wolters fan.

Except that MKG can't play the two right now cause he can't shoot at all. But defensively sure.

Agree on Wolters, I'd def take him the twenties.

Looking at Smart's game logs and man does he turn the ball over. What are his issues on that end? Bad iq, poor handling, dumb passes?

Posted in the CBB thread too.

Norvel Pelle, top center in ’11 class, to enter NBA Draft
David Harten Mar 25, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Leave a comment

picture_body_20211.jpg

Norvel Pelle’s collegiate career is over after two commitments and zero games played.

The no. 1 center in the 2011 high school class will enter the 2013 NBA Draft, according to Yahoo! Sports Marc J. Spears. Pelle committed to St. John’s after the 2011 season, but due to a nomadic high school career, he wasn’t cleared to play by the NCAA. He eventually committed to Iona for this season, but never made it on campus and wasn’t listed on the team’s official roster online.

The 6-11 Pelle spent last season at L.A. City Prep before committing to the Gaels. He’s originally from Compton, Calif.

We’ve seen these kinds of cases before. The more Pelle bounced around, the more paperwork he accumulated and eyebrows he raised. Especially those of the NCAA.

He was obviously a legitimate high-major recruit, with interests from San Diego State, Iowa State and others in his recruitment, but it’s hard to qualify when a player plays at as many schools as he has prep eligibilty for.

He’s a wiry body at around 210 pounds, but obviously he has the height. A team might take a shot on him if they really want to take on a project.

But this had to be a second option. Pelle and Iona coach Tim Cluess both would’ve been well served to have him for next season, had he been eligible. Hard to imagine, judging by the move, that he ever would’ve been, though.

CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school

Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...le-top-center-in-11-class-to-enter-nba-draft/

More info on early entries:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/2013-nba-draft/early-entry/

Interesting, but obviously will get drafted because of height and position. Dude hasn't even played a collegiate game. :lol:

Wanna see where Tony Mitchell goes too. Def has the athleticism and height but this season was underwhelming.

Wow. I kind of think he's awful.

edit: Leslie is in too. :lol:

Last edited:
CJ kind of has know choice at this point right? he was rated high coming out of high school but has done nothing but drop at this point

im not sure what to think of Anthony bennett at this point. i liked him to start the year but the more i watched i didnt. he started to float outside wayyy to much. he is the classic case of a guy that if he doesnt realize he is a 4 and needs to be in the post he will turn out like beasely and Derrick williams did

Back
Top Bottom