Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
u guys think rudy gay would be agood fit for lakers?

kobe canteach him a few things maybe and we need young wing players

Wait so the new Toronto GM took that deal? :wow:

no, guess Detroit offered it.

hope they accept

i need some excitement in Detroit.

wont who else is on the radar, i think if the deal goes through it will eat up about $1 mill in the capsace we have so that leaves us with $19 mill to spend

Last edited:
Several other teams have expressed interest in Brand, according to the source. Brand also remains "very interested" in returning to the Mavs, he said in a text message to ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. Dallas contacted Brand in the opening minutes of free agency to touch base.

Brand is attracted to the Knicks because of their winning culture and first-class organization, the source said. In addition, the team is close to his hometown -- Peekskill, N.Y. -- and his mother, Daisy, still lives nearby. Quality of life is also important to him as he decides on his next team, the source said.
:lol:

I'm still kind of shocked that Brand has been this comfortable with the Mavs. That said, he seemed to take Carlisle's coaching better than anyone else, the talent just wasn't there for them to succeed.

And a few of you were mentioning how Cuban wont spend this year if we don't get Dwight. Cuban has gone on record saying he also doesn't plan on signing a bunch of one year guys, so take that for what it's worth. He knows Dirk doesn't want another year like last year.

I would see If I could get DET to include an young asset, maybe see if Andre Igaudala signs with Sac town.

but if that fails just accept the deal.

I like that the kings and pelicans are taking steps towards putting a competent team on the floor night in and night out.

Granted, they're overpaying players but, in their situations they have to. Players who are worth the money they are throwing aren't coming to those teams, so this is what they are faced with.

Makes sense for the Raptors. They aren't winning anything with Rudy, they might as well get rid of his contract and try to start over.

Toronto just needs to convince Stern to stick around another 6 months...

Last edited:
I think we all acknowledge the reality that markets like Sacramento and New Orleans have to overpay players, but most of the time they overpay in order to make the playoffs then get swept... as the best case scenario. For some franchises, a few years of just making the playoffs certainly might be preferred over being top 5 in the lottery every year, but it's hard to be excited as an outside fan when teams overpay to join basketball purgatory.

Last edited:
Andre Iguodala ‏@andre 38m
WOW!!!!

Andre Iguodala ‏@andre 37m
Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!

I can't wait for Iggy to drop 18 and 6 when he plays Sac this season. :pimp: motivation

Last edited:
I can't wait for Iggy to drop 18 and 6 rebounds when he plays Sac this season.
pimp.gif
motivation
18 and 6 

18 and 6

18 and 6

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Makes sense for the Raptors. They aren't winning anything with Rudy, they might as well get rid of his contract and try to start over.

Toronto just needs to convince Stern to stick around another 6 months...

yup, tank and get a top pick next season. plus cap space with Stuckey and CV gone. not sure who else is expiring on the Raptors but things could shape up for them if they suck bad enough.

Jokes aside, McLemore is probably going to score 1 point against Iggy this season when they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom