Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's late so I'm guessing you misread my post, i said it was a mistake not keeping Chandler who was the heart and soul of that defense.

I didn't say Cuban messed up by not resigning the entire team down to the water boys and cheerleaders. I'm an older sports fan so I know keeping everybody from a chip year is almost unheard of and nearly impossible.

But don't say that team ran its course because although NT likes to predict the future no one knows what would've happened. In fact I remember that very season mav fans on NT were saying the team should be blown up etc etc , but I strongly disagreed saying 50 win seasons and playoff appearances were not to be taken lightly and boom they win the ring.

Lastly you can't look at traded role players production on other teams as an indicator of what would've happened if they stayed together, it's not that simple. Some guys are perfect for certain roles on certain teams and collectively they can be very dangerous just like 2011.

I read it, but still don't understand how a Dirk and Tyson core is still a good thing.

This shows you how much confidence the Jazz have in their young bigs. There was also interest in Zach Randolph from what I know. I wonder what's the problem with Favors and Kanter?

Cap space heads....So in theory do the Warriors have room to sign a third star if they give up all their expirings?

Last edited:
Can Dirk be traded--better question, can any contenders afford him? Appears Dallas is going to be struggle city for the rest of his contract. I'd like to see him go to a team that has a chance.

Unnamed player wearing his own jersey in Publix...

201307-deshawn-stevenson-gold-wizards-jersey.jpg

c'mon maaaaaaaan!!!! :lol:

I will be so upset if Bogut get sent to Utah.

Let Enes and Favors cook one time!!!
You should be more concerned about whose coming to your team rather than whose goin to Utah.
laugh.gif
 Worry about your own damn team!

Iggy seems to be all that's left for the kings to pursue...again.
nerd.gif
Its all part of a plan 
nerd.gif

tired.gif

I think D'lassandro will swing a rather big trade before the season starts. No way this new organization is content with having this roster composition for opening night.
This shows you how much confidence the Jazz have in their young bigs. There was also interest in Zach Randolph from what I know. I wonder what's the problem with Favors and Kanter?
Ya I love Favors and Kanter 
laugh.gif
 3 headed bigs approach with Bogut, Favor, Kanter would be nice though.

My perfect non-Dwight off season involves trading Marion for Marcin Gortat then signing Monta for 6-7 million a year for the 3-4 years..
Hellooooooo 8-10 in the West again. Yeah, no thanks.

No Dwight, tank. It's easy. You don't commit cap space to Monta Ellis for multiple years unless you're completing a puzzle, but just starting to put it together. I'm of the mind that, until you have your cornerstones, you do not commit long-term to anyone like Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings or Marcin Gortat. That's how you get stuck being really mediocre for a really long time.

And as for giving the '11 Mavs a chance to repeat... Why? They had a miracle run to win the first one. Locking into Tyson and JJB gets them... Where? They weren't winning another one.

is it possible for GSW to end up with

D. Howard
PF (Maybe Lee)
Iggy
Klay
Steph

??

It's late so I'm guessing you misread my post, i said it was a mistake not keeping Chandler who was the heart and soul of that defense.
And lock yourself into what, exactly? Maybe the middle of the West with very little cap flexibility?

And he hasn't played for Washington in like 5 years.
And i don't care where Dwight goes :he's not even that valuable for me to be overly concerned. I definitely see Houston tho.

Favors has an extremely low basketball IQ (and overall IQ in general) and will always be a guy based on his "potential", and Kanter is just a big body with limited offensive skills that's better served coming off the bench. I think Favors can be a starter but it's weird that even back to college he's never been on any winning teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom