Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn rush is gone too. Then yeah there is enough minutes for Barnes then.

Zach Klein ‏@ZachKleinWSB 4m
NBA league source tells me Hawks and Rockets working on sign and trade for Josh Smith
Zach Klein ‏@ZachKleinWSB 2m
NBA league source tells me Rockets have been informed Dwight Howard told them he's headed to Houston. Rockets now working on getting J.Smith
Do they even have movable pieces at this point that they can afford to lose? They trade Parsons and who are their shooters? Who are their shooters now?

They also need a wing defender. These are masterful moves, but I'm not sure how its going to pan out in the long run.

Last edited:
Do the Lakers have their pick next year? I feel like they have no picks til 2018
They do, but don't own another one until '16.

It'd be best for the franchise to be pretty bad this year, but that's not conducive to Kobe's drive for #6 as he nears the end of his career

Last edited:
very confused with this Iggy signing...

what happens with Barnes? SMH

6th man role. aside from the playoffs, mark jackson rarely used him in crunch time. they were closing with jarret jack. it may stunt barnes growth, but he could still be productive off the bench

Thompson iggy and Barnes can all play 30 min+ sharing the 2-4 postions

Jack is gone so minutes will be there for Barnes. Don't know how they'll incorporate Rush though.

They sent rush to Utah

A lot of people didn't initially like the Dwight Howard trade from the Magic's perspective (myself included), but they got the best part of the deal for all the teams involved.

Now Asik wants out. Doesn't want to be a backup again:

Omer Asik, the Houston Rockets resident starting center, may want out with Dwight Howard reportedly choosing to join the team in free agency.

Asik has no interest of being Howard's backup or playing next to him, a source close to Asik told ESPN.com. It is not yet clear if Asik will demand a trade.

The Rockets may be able to use Asik as part of potential sign-and-trade scenarios. It is possible they could engage the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade for Howard if the Lakers want to avoid losing their star center for nothing in return.

It is also possible the Rockets will look to engage the Atlanta Hawks in a sign-and-trade deal for free agent Josh Smith. The Hawks are open to making a sign-and-trade deal with the Rockets for Smith, league sources said. Smith and Howard played together on summer teams as teenagers and have talked in the past about becoming teammates in the NBA.

Asik, a quality defender who averaged career highs in points (10.1), rebounds (11.7) and blocks (2.72) while starting all 82 games for Houston last season, has a complicated contract that could become a challenge in a trade.

His official salary-cap number for this season and next is $8.3 million because of an arcane measure the Rockets used to sign him away from the Chicago Bulls last year he is actually owed more than $20 million over the next two seasons. His salary in 2014-15 is guaranteed at $15 million. It is possible this could be a stumbling block in trade talks.

Now Asik wants out. Doesn't want to be a backup again:

Omer Asik, the Houston Rockets resident starting center, may want out with Dwight Howard reportedly choosing to join the team in free agency.

Asik has no interest of being Howard's backup or playing next to him, a source close to Asik told ESPN.com. It is not yet clear if Asik will demand a trade.

The Rockets may be able to use Asik as part of potential sign-and-trade scenarios. It is possible they could engage the Los Angeles Lakers in a sign-and-trade for Howard if the Lakers want to avoid losing their star center for nothing in return.

It is also possible the Rockets will look to engage the Atlanta Hawks in a sign-and-trade deal for free agent Josh Smith. The Hawks are open to making a sign-and-trade deal with the Rockets for Smith, league sources said. Smith and Howard played together on summer teams as teenagers and have talked in the past about becoming teammates in the NBA.

Asik, a quality defender who averaged career highs in points (10.1), rebounds (11.7) and blocks (2.72) while starting all 82 games for Houston last season, has a complicated contract that could become a challenge in a trade.

His official salary-cap number for this season and next is $8.3 million because of an arcane measure the Rockets used to sign him away from the Chicago Bulls last year he is actually owed more than $20 million over the next two seasons. His salary in 2014-15 is guaranteed at $15 million. It is possible this could be a stumbling block in trade talks.
I just don't see Lakers taking on Asik contract when they can have that money for the 2014 FA season, just doesn't seem logical at all.

I said Dwight for Asik and parsons like a year ago. Or maybe Lin I don't remember. But it was def Asik and another person

Also I don't know why Asik wants out so bad. Dwight fouls like its going out of style. He will get many minutes

mean.gif

DEAD
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.