Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when guys I really wanna see on contending teams in primetime games go to crappy-to-mediocre situations where we won't get to really see them.

Jefferson to the Bobcats
Schroeder, Korver and Milsap to the Hawks.
Calderon to the Mavs.
Mayo to the Bucks
Vasquez to the Kings

Atleast Redick and Dudley escaped from oblivion this summer.

Last edited:
serious question

did you watch any lakers games last year? dwight didn't give any effort and wasn't invested in the team at all. he came to collect a paycheck then dipped. i wouldn't even be mad at dude if he gave it his all and just couldn't produce, but the whole season he was acting like he didn't want to be there.
lol I wonder why.... everyone wants to ignore the elephant in the room.

nah not really....and with the cavs situation...that had more to do lets be honest from a social/economical aspect. Cleveland in general is damn near 3rd world status. They only bright point of its existence was lbj. Couple that with everyone was pretty much eating and profiting from him and his success....aka their black cash cow. Once that was gone everyone was all upset.

That wasn't the case for la, they basically just counted they chickens before the hatched. Also the funny thing about it is, most of them are hardcore Kobe fans etc... and he pretty much was one of the main factors for Dwight leaving. They mad marquee players fold/leave or become a shell of what they were after begging and wanting them to come to LA. Yet dissolve the main component, being Kobe, the person for which this has happened to players once they come to LA.

I'm not gonna lie we are spoiled in the sense that we don't expect our players to leave and we assume we will sign or at least have a shot at any free agent. The way the season went I knew it wasn't a given he would come back but of course as a fan I hoped he would, to eventually be the face of the lakers and win rings in LA (as arrogant as that sounds lol). But on well, he left, let pau work in the post and get some bench players and move on.

And with Kobe, people gotta understand while he's still around he is the guy for the lakers. Yes he has his faults but as long as he's here, he's #1, he's the guy, the team revolved around him, for better or worse.

@netw3rk: *ring* “Hello?” “Kobe, thank you” “Who’s this?” “It’s Pau. For instagramming that pictu—” “Who gave you this number?” “Kobe, I—” *click*
SDJVFHKJDSHVDKSJHVNSDKJNVJDSKNV

What's up with Philly trading for big men who are going to ruin your entire season by sitting out - first Bynum, now Royce White. I don't get some of these teams....

this is type of motivation dwight needs. if he can stay healthy, dude can be a monster again
sick.gif

a couple bible session with jeremy lin, dwight will be a good christian again

christmas prime time gm, hou at la, make it happen
smokin.gif
they need to make a few more moves with lin being one of them.... I know the economic factor, and the whole Houston has the fastest growing Asian population etc...trying to recapture fans they lost with Yao. But if you get a Dwight/Harden possible Josh Smith and a few other pieces...you got a winning top seeded team. And fans well true fans, will come to see a winner.

Moving Asik could acquire other small but much needed pieces. Plus he doesn't want to be there, and he is a decent to very good rebounded and post defensive player, which is invaluable, and a asset to any team.

Wonder what this will do to Hardens production? I think this is only gonna help Hardens production. Take some attention off of him, and with his play making abilities him and Dwight I think will be able to run a pick and roll

I'm not gonna lie we are spoiled in the sense that we don't expect our players to leave and we assume we will sign or at least have a shot at any free agent. The way the season went I knew it wasn't a given he would come back but of course as a fan I hoped he would, to eventually be the face of the lakers and win rings in LA (as arrogant as that sounds lol). But on well, he left, let pau work in the post and get some bench players and move on.

And with Kobe, people gotta understand while he's still around he is the guy for the lakers. Yes he has his faults but as long as he's here, he's #1, he's the guy, the team revolved around him, for better or worse.
And it could've possibly had happen that way, but when you fire a coach 5 games in, bring in a run and gun unproven coach who excludes the "future" of your franchise, and then your current "franchise" player pretty much rides, critic, and alienates him...(granted some of it was warranted) A guy who is use to being the big man on campus...isn't gonna be receptive to a aging (yet seems ageless) player who a few yrs from retirement basically talking/treating him like a rook or like another role player.

With that said lakers don't improve until Kobe retires, Danphony is out, Someone advise and assist the new buss management. And they make some trades/movements to get either draft picks or younger players and a marquee "franchise" player.

I hate when guys I really wanna see on contending teams in primetime games go to crappy-to-mediocre situations where we won't get to really see them.

Jefferson to the Bobcats
Schroeder, Korver and Milsap to the Hawks.
Calderon to the Mavs.
Mayo to the Bucks
Vasquez to the Kings

Atleast Redick and Dudley escaped from oblivion this summer.

I feel you 100% on all of this |I

Wonder what this will do to Hardens production? I think this is only gonna help Hardens production. Take some attention off of him, and with his play making abilities him and Dwight I think will be able to run a pick and roll
dwight hates running the pick and roll, he would rather attempt to post up and chuck balls at the rim

What's stopping LA from offering the 2014 pick to Boston for Rondo? Both get what they desire.

What's up with Philly trading for big men who are going to ruin your entire season by sitting out - first Bynum, now Royce White. I don't get some of these teams....

ROYCE WHITE on a rookie contract is going to ruin your entire season? Bynum ok - even though he was injured. Royce White is the ultimate no risk/high reward. Ton of talent. But he didn't play last year and he's on a cheap contract - if he doesn't play this year, he probably won't be playing professional basketball any longer anyway. who cares. great move by the rebuilding sixers. in a perfect world, him and Noel make a really nice frontcourt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom