Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP3 goes get a lot of passes. And I know he's great.

And I know Griffin and Jordan need to develop more of an offensive game to give that team a realistic chance.

BUT... There's only so many times you can say "he can't do it all by himself"...

I mean. When the Clips won 17 in a row everyone was sayin **** like "damn, deepest team in the league!"...or "man how can you compete with the Clippers talent and depth!?" Or ":wow: Jordan and Griffin are beasts!!! Lob city!! Show time!!!"

But when they get bounced in the playoffs it's... "Man Clippers don't have much of a squad, CP3 needs more help... Griffin and Jordan are useless"...

I mean.
I'm not saying that he has enough help or that he doesn't, I saw both sides of the story at one point or another...

But which one is it? Because people pick and choose when to use excuses.

Del Negro was another scape goat for Clippers losing with such a "talented team"...

Well he's gone now, and you apparently have one of the best coaches in the league.

So if they get bounced early again next year are you going to put all the blame on Doc?

Idk.

I know people are gonna bring up his efficiency and his numbers which I don't overlook, he's a great PG...never questioned that.

But how many excuses and scape goats can be had until some blame is placed on the actual players?

Dudes like LeBron, Kobe, Melo, Dwight are crucified when they don't win. So much blame and criticism no matter how great their numbers are. CP3 never wins and he's rarely criticized... That's all I'm saying. But he is a great player, so don't take my words out of context.

Most people that were saying dumb **** like we were "deep" weren't even Clipper fans tho. Going into the season I ewas expecting a 4-seed, 2nd place in the Pacific and a 2nd round exit. I haven't seen the Clippers play with the new players but we are far from a championship team imo. We'd be lucky to make the Conference finals but I would not be surprised. My realistic expectations would be another 2nd round exit and that is not because of CP3. It's because we can't guard the 3 ball and none of our bigs can score besides Blake. The Spurs and Warriors are the worst matchups for the Clippers. If we avoid them in the playoffs we can make a deep run.

CP3 is a whiny little piece of **** ***** tho. Still the best PG in the NBA doe :pimp:

Last edited:
I said CP3 gets too many passes last season and people called me crazy and a hater. The answer is him though, hes finally got it all, a deep team, a competent coach hes going to be 100%, if he doesnt do anything noteworthy this time around its time to start seriously questioning him. Brons good IMO he doesnt need to win this upcoming year.
How far do think the Clippers need to go for CP to avoid getting criticized? Would the conference finals be good enough? Or do they have to win it all? Just curious.

Personally, I don't really buy in to this whole "he gets a pass" concept. If a player's team, whether CP or anyone else, loses to a better team, as long as he produces, I don't see why he should get extra blame or criticism. CP's numbers generally go up in the playoffs. He performed well against Memphis last season, but Blake got injured and nobody else, aside from maybe Barnes, really showed up. CP did all he could. How did he get a pass on that one?
Conference Finals for me. IDC how the seeding ends up and who he has to play he has to make it there. These are things that much lesser players like T-Mac, Derrick Rose, and Deron Williams get killed for, and yet not a word has been said about CP3 ever. I'm not saying that if he doesnt make it then his entire career is all for naught, but when you're in the conversation of "Greatest player to play X position" there are certain expectations and benchmarks that need to be achieved. I agree with the concept of "Its a team sport" but these are the consequences of greatness. We all saw what people did to LeBron for 8 years even though the Cavs as a team always sucked.

Last edited:
Clippers have definitely been talented enough since CP3 got there that he does NOT deserve a pass for their lack of playoff success.

Last edited:
We were deep. VDN sucked and didn't capitalize on the opportunities at hand...

Plus, depth doesn't mean nearly as much in the playoffs as in the regular season. Depth is good because it can mean that a team's best players get more rest during the regular season, but at the end of the day, its usually a team's top 6 or 7 guys that make the difference in the playoffs.

And I know Griffin and Jordan need to develop more of an offensive game to give that team a realistic chance.

BUT... There's only so many times you can say "he can't do it all by himself"...

I mean. When the Clips won 17 in a row everyone was sayin **** like "damn, deepest team in the league!"...or "man how can you compete with the Clippers talent and depth!?" Or "
eek.gif
Jordan and Griffin are beasts!!! Lob city!! Show time!!!"

But when they get bounced in the playoffs it's... "Man Clippers don't have much of a squad, CP3 needs more help... Griffin and Jordan are useless"...

I mean.
I'm not saying that he has enough help or that he doesn't, I saw both sides of the story at one point or another...

Del Negro was another scape goat for Clippers losing with such a "talented team"...

Well he's gone now, and you apparently have one of the best coaches in the league.

So if they get bounced early again next year are you going to put all the blame on Doc?

Idk.

I know people are gonna bring up his efficiency and his numbers which I don't overlook, he's a great PG...never questioned that.

But how many excuses and scape goats can be had until some blame is placed on the actual players?

Dudes like LeBron, Kobe, Melo, Dwight are crucified when they don't win. So much blame and criticism no matter how great their numbers are. CP3 never wins and he's rarely criticized... That's all I'm saying. But he is a great player, so don't take my words out of context.

Most people that were saying dumb **** like we were "deep" weren't even Clipper fans tho. Going into the season I ewas expecting a 4-seed, 2nd place in the Pacific and a 2nd round exit. I haven't seen the Clippers play with the new players but we are far from a championship team imo. We'd be lucky to make the Conference finals but I would not be surprised. My realistic expectations would be another 2nd round exit and that is not because of CP3. It's because we can't guard the 3 ball and none of our bigs can score besides Blake. The Spurs and Warriors are the worst matchups for the Clippers. If we avoid them in the playoffs we can make a deep run.

CP3 is a whiny little piece of **** ***** tho. Still the best PG in the NBA doe
pimp.gif
On the other hand, lineups involving the Tribe  of Bledsoe-Crawford-Barnes (and any combination of Odom, Turiaf, and Hollins)  have, in 199 minutes this year, scored an average of 1.03 PPP (not bad), and have allowed only 0.89 PPP. That's ridiculously good. In fact, it's better than any of the elite lineups I'm going to discuss here. That 0.14 differential is ELITE.

Felton-Anthony-Chandler  in 438 mins: Off 1.22, Def 1.08, 0.14 diff

Westbrook-Durant-Ibaka  in 574 mins: Off 1.12, Def 1.02, 0.10 diff

Parker-Ginobili-Duncan  in 133 mins: Off 1.20, Def 0.92, 0.28 diff

Wade-James-Bosh  in 328 mins: Off 1.13, Def 1.10, 0.03 diff

Conley-Gay-Randolph-Gasol in 425 mins: Off 1.09, Def 0.98, 0.11 diff
sounds pretty deep to me

oh yeah, then theres this 

I mean. When the Clips won 17 in a row everyone was sayin **** like "damn, deepest team in the league!"...or "man how can you compete with the Clippers talent and depth!?" Or ":wow: Jordan and Griffin are beasts!!! Lob city!! Show time!!!"

I mean.

Idk.

My realistic expectations would be another 2nd round exit and that is not because of CP3.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing...

Passes giving out before the ball even tips in the air...

Only knock I have against CP3 is him checking out in the elimination game. That wasn't cool but I'm not gonna place all the blame on him. I blame VDN, DA and Blake for our shortcomings...

We were deep. VDN sucked and didn't capitalize on the opportunities at hand...

When Blake couldn't play in the playoffs VDN should have just gone into that Deep roster and pulled out one of those great Bigs off the bench. We had, and still have, a glaring weakness; No bigs. This season we may be more successful because Reddick, Crawford, and Dudley SHOULD create more space for Blake/DJ so hopefully more easy buckets.

I know it's hard to be objective but we really had no chance to make the WCF last season and once Blake got hurt it was no surprise we lost 4 in a row. We need a big off the bench who can hit the midrange jumper. I think it was game 5 when Blake didn't play the 4th Quarter and we had to suffer through 12 minutes of Hollins/DJ/Turiaf :lol: :x :smh:

You're Romo's PR man tho.

Last edited:
But of course he resisted playing the pick and roll with Kobe and Nash. Granted I know Kobe isn't the most willing passer and Nash was hobbled for the nearly the entire season.

Exactly :lol:

Kobe isn't close to the pick and roll player Harden is and Nash should have retired a year ago. Dwight already talked about how excited he is to play in the P&R with Harden, plus I'm sure Mchale will feature him on the left block more than Pringles.

Y'all going to be fine though, he wasn't built for LA to begin with.

OK, buddy. CP is not as good as everyone says and if the Clippers don't win at least the West, its his fault. Happy now?

Yall talking about passes but won't bring up Kevin Durant...

Cool...
Well when the coach and management seem to be making it their mission to destroy the team and all he keeps doing is playing better and better what much can you say. Hes slander proof at this point

Man people overlook just how damn hard it to win a championship in the NBA. Yall dudes clown Rose, CP3, Melo, Dwight for not winning ships like there is more than one trophy handed out each year. How you guys expecting every superstar to win it all when there is so many in the league. NBA is a superstar's league and always has been. Normally the top guy in the league has his reign for a period and right now it's going to be tough for any of these guys to beat LeBron damn James especially with the type of team he has in Miami right now. Before that is was Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/MJ etc. It's tough to wrestle ships away from any of these dudes when they get into a good situation. Tons of GREAT GREAT players have gone without rings in their careers and that's going to continue to be the case. Too many talented players in the L for it to be any other way.

I said CP3 gets too many passes last season and people called me crazy and a hater. The answer is him though, hes finally got it all, a deep team, a competent coach hes going to be 100%, if he doesnt do anything noteworthy this time around its time to start seriously questioning him. Brons good IMO he doesnt need to win this upcoming year.

How far do think the Clippers need to go for CP to avoid getting criticized? Would the conference finals be good enough? Or do they have to win it all? Just curious.

Personally, I don't really buy in to this whole "he gets a pass" concept. If a player's team, whether CP or anyone else, loses to a better team, as long as he produces, I don't see why he should get extra blame or criticism. CP's numbers generally go up in the playoffs. He performed well against Memphis last season, but Blake got injured and nobody else, aside from maybe Barnes, really showed up. CP did all he could. How did he get a pass on that one?

What dudes fail to realize is that pass-first PG's are always held to lower standard as far as leading their team to a championship. Blake will have to become elite for the clippers to ever win one

I'm really puzzled with how some y'all hate on CP3, he was the 3rd best player in the league last year easily. He played on a team with terrible coach and two big men that know how to run and dunk but can't shoot a free throw. That roster was an absolute joke outside of him, Crawford and Blake.

Man people overlook just how damn hard it to win a championship in the NBA. Yall dudes clown Rose, CP3, Melo, Dwight for not winning ships like there is more than one trophy handed out each year. How you guys expecting every superstar to win it all when there is so many in the league. NBA is a superstar's league and always has been. Normally the top guy in the league has his reign for a period and right now it's going to be tough for any of these guys to beat LeBron damn James especially with the type of team he has in Miami right now. Before that is was Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/MJ etc. It's tough to wrestle ships away from any of these dudes when they get into a good situation. Tons of GREAT GREAT players have gone without rings in their careers and that's going to continue to be the case. Too many talented players in the L for it to be any other way.

Yall talking about passes but won't bring up Kevin Durant...

Cool...

Well when the coach and management seem to be making it their mission to destroy the team and all he keeps doing is playing better and better what much can you say. Hes slander proof at this point

Especially since he gave a long term commitment to a small market team he didn't owe anything too. He's willing to stay with them through the bad and the good.

Sort of a different story than CP3 bailing on NOLA.

I'm not saying he did anything unethical or immoral by wanting out, he did what many people would do in his shoes. Doesnt make him a bad person. He wanted a better situation, which is understandable. Most stars have wanted the same, Kobe's threatened to leave, Melo obviously wanted out, and LeBron obviously left his home state team... So I'm not mad at him. He's a great player and he wanted to improve his chances of winning, I understand.

All I'm sayin is, when you take that step and do choose to go towards a better situation... Expectations are raised. He's now set himself up where he wants to be. So there's no more "well he doesn't have what he needs" excuses, because along with LeBron both of them are where they wanna be, where they've chosen to be.

Only difference is LeBron's winning.

So it's time for CP3 to show us what he's got when it matters now, especially with Doc running the show.

Last edited:
I'm really puzzled with how some y'all hate on CP3, he was the 3rd best player in the league last year easily. He played on a team with terrible coach and two big men that know how to run and dunk but can't shoot a free throw. That roster was an absolute joke outside of him, Crawford and Blake.
That roster was a joke, but the BENCH ranked first in the league in offensive points per possession, and defensive point per possession differential?

Alex Kennedy: I'm hearing Mo Williams is considering taking less to join a contender such as the Spurs or Heat. Nothing imminent, but he's considering it. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom