Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo Williams was the starting point guard for a team last year that just missed the playoffs in the Western Conference by a game or two. Averaged 13 and 6....pretty sure he doesn't "******g suck". Especially as a backup point guard. Would be good to see Mo back on a contending team. He'd definitely help stretch the floor for them.
And all of what you said doesn't take away from the fact that Mo Williams, does in fact, suck. He has sucked for years, will continue to suck, and nothing will change this. You can post stats, blogs, PER, whatever you want -- it is meaningless.

Delonte West > Mo Williams and it isn't close. Do the right thing, Memphis. Remember the Cavs.
this is part of that "if you're not a star, you're terrible" NT mentality.

Mo Williams is definitely a serviceable player in the NBA.  13, 6 and 2 with a per of 14.4 isn't horrible at all.  He's just middle of the road, not good, not terrible, but can provide a few things to a team, namely 3 point shooting off the bench.

Mo Williams might not be the guy to run your offense, but if all you're asking is for him to drain a couple shots off the bench, how does he suck that ?

Jamison almost signed with Charlotte last season. He has interest in ending his career at home.

That's where his children are.
Jamison left a 3 year-$10 million contract from the Bobcats on the table to sign with the Lakers last season. Whoops.

Mo Williams is definitely a serviceable player in the NBA.  13, 6 and 2 with a per of 14.4 isn't horrible at all.  He's just middle of the road, not good, not terrible, but can provide a few things to a team, namely 3 point shooting off the bench.

Mo Williams might not be the guy to run your offense, but if all you're asking is for him to drain a couple shots off the bench, how does he suck that ?

This is how I'm viewing it.

Mo Williams being relied upon as a starter averaging 35+ mpg like he was in Cleveland is a little different than him playing 20mpg off the bench.

Looking at him as a Clipper during the playoffs, he was pretty inconsistent. He did ok in the 2nd round against the Spurs. Did not shoot well against Memphis in the 1st round. I'm just trying to imagine him playing off Zbo and Marc and getting more open looks than he did in LA. I'm assuming he we will be ok. Memphis has been struggling with the backup PG for years, even when Vasquez was here. Looking at it that way, I don't mind Mo Williams at all. He would be better than anybody we've had since Kyle Lowry :lol: .

We had ******g Keyon Dooling as our backup PG last year, Gilbert Arenas the year before that with OJ Mayo. :lol:

Last edited:
Five years later, people trying to sell themselves that Mo Williams will help in some way.

Guys, let the man go. He's not good. 2 minutes, 20 minutes, 40 minutes, don't matter. His Vince Carter heart combined with Mo Williams talent level is all you need to see to know that he isn't worth the trouble.

Let him fade into Bolivia.

Mo Williams was the starting point guard for a team last year that just missed the playoffs in the Western Conference by a game or two. Averaged 13 and 6....pretty sure he doesn't "******g suck". Especially as a backup point guard. Would be good to see Mo back on a contending team. He'd definitely help stretch the floor for them.

And all of what you said doesn't take away from the fact that Mo Williams, does in fact, suck. He has sucked for years, will continue to suck, and nothing will change this. You can post stats, blogs, PER, whatever you want -- it is meaningless.

Delonte West > Mo Williams and it isn't close. Do the right thing, Memphis. Remember the Cavs.

Yes, because Delonte West is a star. You got me there.

No, this is the "Chester has been right about Mo Williams his entire career" mentality. He blows in the playoffs (42%, 34%), his A to TO ratio is terrible, and he brings absolutely nothing on the defensive end.

But hey, if you want to sign a guy to do nothing but stand and shoot, there you go!

people just dont watch enough basketball if you say mo is not a good PG

No, this is the "Chester has been right about Mo Williams his entire career" mentality. He blows in the playoffs (42%, 34%), his A to TO ratio is terrible, and he brings absolutely nothing on the defensive end.

But hey, if you want to sign a guy to do nothing but stand and shoot, there you go!
Dont Steve Novak and Kyle Korver have jobs in the NBA?

The Wizards really didn't have a choice but to give Wall that deal. He is their franchise. They better pray that he lives up to it though.

Last edited:

Like I said, the playoffs concern me the most.

Defense, I'm not too concerned about. He will be joining a top 2-3 defensive team.

I don't expect him to magically become a big time playoff performer, but I'll take him for $2-3M off the bench considering he's an upgrade over who we had/have as the backup PG. I'll take VC despite what CP said :lol: . When you're a team desperate for an offensive punch on the perimeter, guys like Mo and VC will work. Cut down on their usage and they are serviceable players off the bench.

Only realistic options Memphis had this offseason at backup PG were Williams, d leaguers, overseas propsects, Wroten, Harris (but Cuban seem to have him on lock), Calderon (who I would have preferred, but probably too steep), Beaubois, Udrih and Telfair.

Udrih is probably the next best thing and the front office been in contact with him, but prefer Williams over him. The front office have yet to steer the team in the wrong direction, so I will not completely down them yet.

Last edited:

Yep, and both of them shoot 3's at a higher percentage than Mo Williams.

Don't put Novak and Korver together, Novak is frightened to shoot if you even breath on him he's straight up ***** made, Korver will actually get rebound and compete while on floor

Wow Tony Delk. I havent heard that name since 09. I'm really laughing right now at a Tony Delk mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom