Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a disaster waiting to happen. AB doesn't rebound or defend....he's gonna be on a very short leash w/ Woodson.

Ujiri w/ the absolute heist.
"Disaster" "Absolute Heist".
laugh.gif
Really? They're essentially giving up a 1st round pick to get out of Novak & Camby's deals. The hyperbole is strong.

The short leash thing is true though.
Tommy Beer
So Knicks have now traded away first round picks in 2014 & 2016 and second-round picks in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016. And possibly 2017 & 2018
I don't even....
sick.gif
mean.gif

Knicks gonna Knick.

Is the 2017 and '18 thing a joke? I thought you couldn't trade back-to-back 1st rounders?

Last edited:
He was the #1 option on the Raps for like 4 years obviously he'll be exposed.

4th-5th option here. I'll take it in the short term.

2015 though :x :pimp:

Plus Denver has the right to switch the 2016 pick with us. I HIGHLY doubt either denver or us will be a lotto team by then.

Knicks shouldn't be desperate, it's obvious they won't win a title with Melo as their best player. All the big contracts are gone in 2015, they should already be setting up to retool correctly this time.
They should bring back Donnie Walsh to redo the rebuilding project they wasted last time.

Wait, how did the Raptors swindle the Knicks? This wasn't an amazing move by Toronto by any means either. Enjoy Steve Novak's contract.

Depends on the protection on the first rounder, IMO.

Wait, how did the Raptors swindle the Knicks? This wasn't an amazing move by Toronto by any means either. Enjoy Steve Novak's contract.

Yeah ultimately the first rounder is the only valuable piece in that entire trade though, so it's the Knicks loss.  I think the Raptors were also desperate to cleanse their hands of Bargnani after all that disappointment.  

You're right though, not very exciting pickups for the raptors either.  Novak and Camby are useless if you're young and rebuilding.

The problem is the Knicks are going to be bad by 2015 and they HAVE to start saving up picks so they can build a team the right way.

Its not that serious. Just seems like knicks wanted to get rid of novak and cam by contract. As far as deals the knicks get raped its low. But its still annoying to give up a pick. Even if its one that was swapped anyway

Its just... seems desperate. It does help future in a way. Contracts expiire at same tim

Yeah ultimately the first rounder is the only valuable piece in that entire trade though, so it's the Knicks loss.  I think the Raptors were also desperate to cleanse their hands of Bargnani after all that disappointment.  

You're right though, not very exciting pickups for the raptors either.  Novak and Camby are useless if you're young and rebuilding.

The problem is the Knicks are going to be bad by 2015 and they HAVE to start saving up picks so they can build a team the right way.
Agreed. I guess we'll be stuck rebuilding through free agency, again.:smh: :x

See, that's the key thing right there. We don't know yet what they'll do in 2015. My assumption is they'll go all-in one of two ways: rebuilding or reloading.

If they go the tanking/rebuild route...then it's ****** because most their draft picks belong to other teams. This is what Ujiri is banking on.

If the Knicks decide to reload (aka what Miami did in 2010) they'll have the means to do it as long as they don't compromise their current situation. After this Bargnani deal, Raymond Felton's player option is the only thing preventing them from having the ENTIRE cap to play with in 2015.

To borrow KG's quote...anything is possible. Good or bad.

Houston has traded Thomas Robinson to the Portland Trail Blazers, league source tells Y! Sports.

Portland will send Houston two future second-round picks and the draft rights to two foreign players, league sources tells Y!

Last edited:
You haven't been here long if you think the most recent trade solidifies my faith in and reverence for Ujiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom