OFFICIAL 2014-2015 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

what does that even mean

caroll should not be in FA and aaron gordon should not be owned
Stars and Scrubs = Have 2-4 elite players on your team to get majority of the categories, rest of the roster are just "fillers". Stars and scrubs is usually a strategy for auction drafts.

I swooped in on OJ and he lost the juice.
mean.gif

Pause...

Last edited:

im not understanding it. please post your team
It's a strategy where you get most of your stats from your elite players while the lesser players contribute here and there. Like you can have a team of all above-average/average players vs a team with a few elite players + average/below-average players. 

Here's my team and the league I'm in (posted this last page as well):

12 Team Dynasty/H2H/Standard 9 CAT/18 Roster (PG/SG/G/SF/PF/F/C/C/3 Util/7 Bench)

PG: Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson, D.J. Augustin

SG: Gordon Hayward, Trevor Ariza, Wesley Johnson, J.R. Smith

SF: Tobias Harris, Danilo Gallinari, Marvin Williams

PF: Channing Frye, Taj Gibson, Ed Davis

C: Marc Gasol, Samuel Dalembert

An example of a Stars/Scrubs team would look like: KD/AD/CP3/rest of the roster is filled with average/below-average players (7/8th rounders+). (obviously over exaggerated)

vs.

Team that has mostly above-average and few average players: (2nd/3rd rounders+4/5th rounders+)

And so my question was if anyone has had success with the "Stars and Scrubs" strategy instead of the latter.

I always have success with stars and scrubs strategy......I pick up some dark horses and play the waiver wire game. Just never heard of it being called Stars and Scrubs

Should've taken my own advice and grabbed Perry in my 14 team league lol. It's alright though, I sniped up Chris Copeland and dropped Evan Turner.

Should've taken my own advice and grabbed Perry in my 14 team league lol. It's alright though, I sniped up Chris Copeland and dropped Evan Turner.

Why whats copeland gonna do? :nerd:

i got rebounds and assists. i need a scorer. i legit have none

Last edited:

I always have success with stars and scrubs strategy......I pick up some dark horses and play the waiver wire game. Just never heard of it being called Stars and Scrubs
Really? I thought that was the term that most people went off with....what do you call it then?
"Picking up scrubs/role players off the waiver wire that has the hot hand"

i mean isnt everyones team stars and scrubs? unless you play in a 8 team league

i mean isnt everyones team stars and scrubs? unless you play in a 8 team league
Well the strategy itself is a auction draft strategy. And if you're going the Stars and Scrubs route, you would blow through 3/4 of your money usually in the first 15-20 players depending on who you want...the rest of the cash would be used on $1-$5 players to fill up the rest of your team and you usually don't get to buy until the very end. While if you go the "balanced" route, your team would consist mostly of 2nd-5th round players (speaking in snake draft terms) with a few players in the later rounds once money gets low.

But I know where you and dlewitsjames are coming from. In snake draft, everyone would have a few stars since you get the BPA or else you'd be an idiot. And as rounds go by, the players available get "worse and worse". So yes, in snake everyones team is usually stars and scrubs. But auction is a bit different in the way that you approach your drafting.

I'm guessing people mostly do Snake Draft rather than Auction here. 

Last edited:

Why whats copeland gonna do? :nerd:

i got rebounds and assists. i need a scorer. i legit have none

If you're in a deeper league say 12 or 14 teams, he might worth an end of the bench spot. Last 2 games he's put up 16 and 21 with eight 3's and 6 rebounds each game in 30 minutes. The minutes are there and he's pretty much the best scoring SF they have right now. D.West is back soon but Copeland is mostly running at the 3.

Last edited:
Okay, Noah Doubt is my team. I have a substantial lead in 5 categories so I'm considering benching my players to ensure my percentages don't go down and then just hoping his drop. There's no way I'm catching up in blocks so would just sitting my squad be a wise decision?

I have 4 players with games tomorrow: CP3, Wes Matthews, MKG, and Josh McRoberts

Reggie has 3 players playing tomorrow: Melo, Al Jefferson, and Cody Zeller

MKG has been shooting above average percentages in FGs and FTs. Matthews' FG% is above average but he's 2/3 in FT. McBob just started playing and didn't really impress me tonight. CP3's FG and FT percentages are below the team average. 

What lineup should I go with tomorrow?

Last edited:
I need a PG on my team. Any suggestions on who I can get for MKG. I want to ride his high. I was thinking of targeting Elfrid. He's going to hurt my FG% though. 

I need a PG on my team. Any suggestions on who I can get for MKG. I want to ride his high. I was thinking of targeting Elfrid. He's going to hurt my FG% though. 
Is Wroten available in your league? I signed him off waivers a few days ago and I'm satisfied. He's killing my TOs and FT% but he contributes a lot in other categories. HIs FG% isn't the best but I'm pretty sure it's higher than Elfrid's right now. I don't remember when MCW is projected to return, butI think Wroten has proven himself to be worthy of some play. He should still get some minutes even when MCW is back. 

I also like the way Brandon Knight has been performing but his FG% is pretty low too. 

Okay, Noah Doubt is my team. I have a substantial lead in 5 categories so I'm considering benching my players to ensure my percentages don't go down and then just hoping his drop. There's no way I'm catching up in blocks so would just sitting my squad be a wise decision?

I have 4 players with games tomorrow: CP3, Wes Matthews, MKG, and Josh McRoberts

Reggie has 3 players playing tomorrow: Melo, Al Jefferson, and Cody Zeller

MKG has been shooting above average percentages in FGs and FTs. Matthews' FG% is above average but he's 2/3 in FT. McBob just started playing and didn't really impress me tonight. CP3's FG and FT percentages are below the team average. 

What lineup should I go with tomorrow?
Start CP3 & Wes, bench MKG and McBob. Will keep your FT% solid and should give ya a steady W with the 6-3

You can prob only get a low end PG for MKG. MKG is owned enough in standard leagues to get you a decent PG straight up. You need to package him with someone. You can try and lowball some owners for some injured PGs like George Hill, Oladipo, Westbrook, Reggie, etc.
Really considering dropping Boozer
mean.gif
Drop him. I like bigs to get me either 3's or BLKs, Boozer does neither. Ed Davis has more fantasy value than Boozer right now

Back
Top Bottom