OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Am I wrong for dropping Carpenter vs. Browns for Prater vs. Bears? Prater missed a few FG's but for the most part he's been producing and the Bears seem to give up a ton of points to kickers. Thursday games are always whacky too

I haven't done it yet, but kickers make a difference lol. I'm also thinking of dropping Carpenter for Sushiam or Blair

Last edited:
I need a new kicker. Catanzaro hasn't been cutting it lately. Do I pick up Barth? Or Tucker, Bryant, Carpenter?

Even though the FG attempts haven't been there for Denver I think I'm gonna gamble and go with Barth.
Bryant and Carpenter are automatic
I feel like their offenses are too inconsistent though. At least with the Broncos you know they're gonna put up points every week :\.

Tucker and don't look back. The kicker from the Broncos sucks because all he does is kick XPs and he's been missing a lot of FGAs recently. The fans were booing him last weekend :lol:

I feel like their offenses are too inconsistent though. At least with the Broncos you know they're gonna put up points every week
ohwell.gif

that's true theyre inconsistent but i think they have enough offense to move the ball across the 50 .. Carpenter and Bryant are both money up to 55yards consistently

Tucker is your best bet if youre relying on offense though

Got a "good" dilemma in my auction league.

My WR's are: Calvin, Antonio Brown, Hilton and Gordon.

Can only start 3 max.

Was planning to package one of em for a better RB but trade deadline already passed so I'm stuck with these 4.

I'm thinking to sit Calvin.

Any thoughts?

It's the Bears though so has me hesitating wondering if Calvin gets back to his old Megatron days.

Am I wrong for dropping Carpenter vs. Browns for Prater vs. Bears? Prater missed a few FG's but for the most part he's been producing and the Bears seem to give up a ton of points to kickers. Thursday games are always whacky too

I haven't done it yet, but kickers make a difference lol. I'm also thinking of dropping Carpenter for Sushiam or Blair
Yeah I'd grab Prater. He's had 3+ FG attempts in 3 of the last 4 games. Lions seem to be having a hard time getting into the endzone which is always good for the kicker. Carpenter is money but unless he hits a 50+ yarder he's probably not gonna get you too many points.

I need a new kicker. Catanzaro hasn't been cutting it lately. Do I pick up Barth? Or Tucker, Bryant, Carpenter?

Even though the FG attempts haven't been there for Denver I think I'm gonna gamble and go with Barth.
Bryant and Carpenter are automatic
I feel like their offenses are too inconsistent though. At least with the Broncos you know they're gonna put up points every week :\.

Tucker and don't look back. The kicker from the Broncos sucks because all he does is kick XPs and he's been missing a lot of FGAs recently. The fans were booing him last weekend :lol:
The Broncos actually cut that dude and signed a new kicker this week :lol:. But I agree, they score too many TDs so it kinda caps their kicker's upside. Looking at Tuckers stats I think I'm gonna go with him. Seems like he's good for 9+ points with a few 6s mixed in here and there.

Last edited:
Would it be wrong of me to hoard the top 4 defenses in my league :lol:

I currently have Miami, Green Bay, & Philly. Thinking about grabbing the Bills but idk who to drop

View media item 1276866

Last edited:
So any thoughts on who's the better option as backup to Rivers for the rest of the season between Sanchez and Eli?

Which one for my flex? I'm completely stuck :smh: . PPR.

Torrey Smith vs. SD
Alfred Morris vs. IND
Malcolm Floyd vs. BAL
Tre Mason vs. OAK

Would it be wrong of me to hoard the top 4 defenses in my league :lol:

I currently have Miami, Green Bay, & Philly. Thinking about grabbing the Bills but idk who to drop
I'm a huge believer of not rostering a backup QB but I don't think I'd drop Big Ben for a defense. I'd probably stay put, nobody really worth dropping for a 4th D/ST :lol:.

So any thoughts on who's the better option as backup to Rivers for the rest of the season between Sanchez and Eli?
Pretty much a toss up. I'd probably go with Eli since his schedule is a little more favorable. Do you even need a backup QB though?

Which one for my flex? I'm completely stuck :smh: . PPR.

Torrey Smith vs. SD
Alfred Morris vs. IND
Malcolm Floyd vs. BAL
Tre Mason vs. OAK
I'd probably go with Torrey. He's been really solid over the past 6 or so weeks.

Last edited:
Lions D v. Bears in Detriot

or

Colts D vs. Skins in Indy

i was all-in with Colts with RG3 playing, but now with McCoy in i'm not too sure anymore

Tough call, but Sanchez in Chips system might sway me over Eli's remaining soft schedule
FJax or Crowell this week?
Also tough call, it's a flip of a coin really. Crowell would be my choice simply due to the Browns push for the playoffs

Last edited:
I would roster a backup QB if you're planning to play matchups, which I usually do if I don't have one of Rodgers, Brady, Luck or Manning

Plus look at Rivers' remaining schedule and his past 3 weeks

Last edited:
I'm a huge believer of not rostering a backup QB but I don't think I'd drop Big Ben for a defense. I'd probably stay put, nobody really worth dropping for a 4th D/ST .
oh noooo im not dropping Ben

I play matchups so i need Ben and Brees.

The way im looking at it is, 4 teams make the playoffs (Im in for now) .. 2 of the teams i have already beat and 1 i play next week. For the most part they have not changed their rosters and if so its like 1 or 2 players at most. So im trying to do what I can to secure wins especially if there is a sleeper in the waivers .. which right now L. Murray is the biggest available other than Tanny and Stanton

but none of those 3 really have great matchups coming to end the season

Who would you guys start?

Andy Dalton @ TB--- This is my current starter
Cam Newton @ Min--- Back Up
Eli Manning @ Jax
Teddy Bridgewater vs Car

Cam and Andy have been so inconsistent all year smh... should i make a change or ride it out? Im leaning toward taking Eli and riding it out with him as the starter

Im trying to hold on to the last playoff spot lol

How u even get in with those QBs lol

You must have a serious RB & WR core

Go with Dalton. Ride it out .. Eli will have another 2+ pick game

Eli Manning @ Jax
Teddy Bridgewater vs Car

Cam and Andy have been so inconsistent all year smh... should i make a change or ride it out? Im leaning toward taking Eli and riding it out with him as the starter

I like Eli too

I think he will be fine vs JAX

Eli Manning @ Jax
Teddy Bridgewater vs Car

I'm going Cam @ Min. Despite how poorly the Panthers have played this season, they still control their own destiny. Hopefully this motivates the team to play better.

West
Randle
Witten

Repped.

Giants:

Jags

Titans

Rams

Eagles

Eagles:

Cowboys

Seahwaks

Cowboys

Skins

Giants

Seems like a tossup, but I think the edge goes to Eli