OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Why are you dudes hating on him so hard? I know he beat out your boy for an award but to say he's terrible is stupid. He really can legitimately rap and makes music with a message. Not all of us are into the message he promotes but he's a marketing genius for that and Thrift Shop.

Talking about Ryan Lewis needs to be making beats for Ghostface and Jadakiss....get in touch with reality buddy. Neither one of them are near relevant in the year 2014.

It sounds like there's about 20 Ninjahoods in here.

New yorkers who know and appreciate real hip hop

Reality is Maclemore doesnt deserve the award. I was just mentioning colabos I'd like to see with Ryan Lewis, it doesnt have to be who I mentioned. Fat Joe I guess you could say is more recently "relevant".
But I think if youre talking about hip hop/rap, then Ghost and Jada will always be relevant.
Even your boy Maclemore aka Maclemless aka rapnomore, mentioned being raised on Wu-tang on one of his tracks. So yes, Ghostface is still "relevant".

Mackelmore :rofl:

who would listen to that ****

I never watched the grammys but its fun to see people all pissed off the next day

Nas doesnt even have one of these right? why would anybody take this **** seriously

Why are you dudes hating on him so hard? I know he beat out your boy for an award but to say he's terrible is stupid. He really can legitimately rap and makes music with a message. Not all of us are into the message he promotes but he's a marketing genius for that and Thrift Shop.

Talking about Ryan Lewis needs to be making beats for Ghostface and Jadakiss....get in touch with reality buddy. Neither one of them are near relevant in the year 2014.

You who's relevant and who's not people crack me up.

It should be who's music is good and who's isn't. Not who you see getting the most spins or gets the most awards.

You new dudes have it ****** up.

Stop it. He's popular and I get it, no problem. But dude cannot rap. What are you talking about?

Are there two Ryan Lewis'? Cause the one who produced The Heist sucks. Has he produced any good beats for anyone else? If that's the case, then direct me towards those so I won't pigeonhole him as a ****** producer.

So many feelings hurt in here over a Grammy.  This **** is hilarious!  
roll.gif

I can tell a lot of you dudes are young as hell.  The Grammy's has NEVER cared about hip-hop music, let alone GOOD hip-hop music.  Just go back and look at all the legendary hip-hop artists that have boycotted the awards.  Their actions speak volumes on the state of the Grammy's as it relates to actual good, lasting hip-hop.  

Every now and then the artist that should win gets the nod.  But 90% of the time, it's all about popularity and politics.  Kendrick never had a chance....dude isn't mainstream enough.  

:lol: @ yall seriously thinkin Kendrick had a chance at winning over Macklemore...

:rofl: @ yall even caring so much...Grammy's ain't been relevant to hip hop, like, ever...

Last edited:
said this in another thread. i'll say it here

Puff's No Way Out beat BIG's Life After Death for RAOTY in '98

Evanescence beat 50 fpr best new artist back in '04.

A Naughty by Nature album beat Me Against the World for RAOTY in '96

So many feelings hurt in here over a Grammy.  This **** is hilarious!  :rofl:

I can tell a lot of you dudes are young as hell.  The Grammy's has NEVER cared about hip-hop music, let alone GOOD hip-hop music.  Just go back and look at all the legendary hip-hop artists that have boycotted the awards.  Their actions speak volumes on the state of the Grammy's as it relates to actual good, lasting hip-hop.  

Every now and then the artist that should win gets the nod.  But 90% of the time, it's all about popularity and politics.  Kendrick never had a chance....dude isn't mainstream enough.  

Pretty much

said this in another thread. i'll say it here

Puff's No Way Out beat BIG's Life After Death for RAOTY in '98

Evanescence beat 50 fpr best new artist back in '04.

A Naughty by Nature album beat Me Against the World for RAOTY in '96

How old are you?

Don't know much of Macklemore aside of what's on the radio...why so much hate? Don't get mad at the artist...get mad at the system.

Not gonna lie, Can't Hold Us went pretty hard.

Because you're looking at it in terms of now, not popularity and impact then.

What are you talking about, Me Against the World topped Bruce Springsteen while Pac was in jail. Sold more than that Naughty by Nature's album and 2pac was the BIGGEST rapper in the game at the time. Doesn't get much more popular and impactful than that.

50 Cent was the biggest new artist in music in 03. Sold the most records. Had the biggest hit in "In Da Club"

So once again. What are you talking about?

"I never let a statue tell me how nice I am.” - Phife Dogg

Macklemore's reign on the charts this year is undeniable but Kendrick at least should've won Best Rap Album.

It is what it is though...

Last edited:
What are you talking about, Me Against the World topped Bruce Springsteen while Pac was in jail. Sold more than that Naughty by Nature's album and 2pac was the BIGGEST rapper in the game at the time. Doesn't get much more popular and impactful than that.

50 Cent was the biggest new artist in music in 03. Sold the most records. Had the biggest hit in "In Da Club"

So once again. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about who's voting. Hip hop fans aren't voting.

Some of you don't seem to get that.

The people mostly voting are 40+ and white.

I'm talking about who's voting. Hip hop fans aren't voting.

Some of you don't seem to get that.

The people mostly voting are 40+ and white.
Broooo what the hell are you talking about?
That's my entire point.
The Grammys have BEEN out of touch w/ rap music. How you got anything else from my post is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom