OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

I agree but it shouldn't come down to who sales more or relevancy in "The Game", this is why that "Control" verse was needed, to get dudes to start having a voice and message on the music they eat off of. I mean clear example of culture vulture Katy Perry( but she still fine,lol). Hip hop is my favorite genre and even though I knew it was going to happen, just tired of how generic this music sounds and feels. I mean the bar is set so low that a song about "Thrift Shopping" won a freakin Grammy..
I can't even..

I'd rather hear thrift shop than some song about how much money, cars, and jewelry a person has.

In past years I've learned that positivity is a much more enriching and productive way to live. That being said Macklemore really is wack. It'd warm my heart to hear just one rapper or major voice in mainstream hip hop/urban media speak on this. It's getting embarrassing at this point. Funny how Charlemagne can't stop tearing down dudes like Drake and Kanye who are legitimately great artist but has never called this guy out.

Also Grammy's have always been a joke when it comes to rap, but to further illustrate that point, now Nas & Snoop have zero combined awards and Macklemore has 3 :lol:

The Grammy's don't care about hip hop music like that. They don't have a committee of rap and r&b icons/legends deciding who gets nominated and who wins.

The days of good hip hop artists winning a Grammy for a song or their album died in the early 2000s cuz that was the last time the quality matched the sales. Now it's not about what's good but just w/e is the most ignorant and commercial.

Don't know why you guys still get yourself worked about this. Lucky Kendrick even got acknowledged.

Macklemore has 4 and Charlamagne has said before he doesn't listen to that ****, it's not rap.

In past years I've learned that positivity is a much more enriching and productive way to live. That being said Macklemore really is wack. It'd warm my heart to hear just one rapper or major voice in mainstream hip hop/urban media speak on this. It's getting embarrassing at this point. Funny how Charlemagne can't stop tearing down dudes like Drake and Kanye who are legitimately great artist but has never called this guy out.

Also Grammy's have always been a joke when it comes to rap, but to further illustrate that point, now Nas & Snoop have zero combined awards and Macklemore has 3 :lol:
Gotta get your house in order before you start throwing stones.

I'd rather hear thrift shop than some song about how much money, cars, and jewelry a person has.
That's not saying much..
But to each their own, it's tons of artist out here not just rapping about that but they are labeled boring or overhyped...
But it is what it is and the world will keep turning...

Gotta get your house in order before you start throwing stones.

expand sir
You just made the distinction of Charlemagne making fun of Drake and Kanye and how he doesn't do the same to Macklemore as if there's some agenda in play. Putting aside Charlemagne thinking dude is whack and doesn't even listen to his music to muster up the time to make jokes about him I think if you're gonna go about making fun of rappers you think are lame you start off with your own, not the rare white rapper that gets popular. You'd just look salty.

I'm a huge hip hop head, and I like Macklemore. Plus, the Grammys rarely get it right anyway.

Legend wit the best performance of the night so far.
I was wondering how they even let him perform :lol: With all this trash so far. JL the clear standout.

How they gonna let John kill it on the piano and try to follow up with Taylor Swift? :smh: :x

Last edited:
Swift looks less like a goofball tonight. She's still too bony for my tase, but she looks better than usual. 

How did kendrick not get rap album of the year? I seriously don't listen to much rap or hip hop but GkmC was on my top 5 albums of the year list. Macklemore was meh and has zero replay value. Then again it's the grammys. Always changing rules to give the artists they want the award.

its strange how sometimes I really do think t-swizzle is pretty. But then other times shes just bleh

laugh.gif
Lol those hair flips...

Back
Top Bottom