OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

As usual, someone needs to look at more than a single number. (I know I'm wasting my time, but oh well)

Playoff game, at home, vs Saints. The VAUNTED Saints offense.........scoreless thru 3 quarters. It's 16-0 going into the 4th, Marshawn Lynch with a tidy 140 yards rushing. Russ, 103 yards passing. Holy ******g ****, what a star. He made ONE, pass in the whole game, the first down to keep the clock running, was also a grab by a receiver getting his helmet ripped off. Great throw, better catch. But I give that to Russ, 1 great throw. In a playoff game, 1 throw. ONE.

Playoff game #2. First play, fumbles at the 15 yard line. Worry? Nope. His defense doesn't even give up a touchdown, FROM THEIR OWN FIFTEEEEEEEEEN. Lynch? 109 yards, AGAINST THE 49ERS, including 5 yards PER CARRY, again, AGAINST THE 49ERS. Russ makes 2 plays, the 50 yard heave early in the game, great play, and the TD he throws on 4th down, in which the 9ers jump offsides and he KNOWS it, so he throws it up, knowing nothing can go wrong. His defense, 3 turnovers, including the game winner. Again, 2 throws for Russ. That's 3 throws, in 2 PLAYOFF games, AT HOME.

Super Bowl......... :lol: Up 29-0, I say again, up 29-0, Russ finally throws a pass, into triple coverage, this his receiver makes a miraculous grab on, breaks 3 tackles, spins, breaks another tackle, then another, and runs into the endzone. TD, Russ???? :lol: Later, Russ decides that he needs yet another TD, at 36-8. (any reason we throwin the ball up 29-0 and 36-8???????) Again, makes throw, receiver breaks 2-3 tackles, into the end zone. TD, Russ?

So to recap, Lynch scores a TD in all 3 games. Runs for almost 300 yards.
Defense shuts out Drew Brees and the Saints for 3 quarters, and LOCKS UP the Peyton led offense to the tune of 8 points, and forces 3 turnovers against San Fran, not even including holding them to a FG from their own 15.

Does Tannehill have ANY of those advantages? Spare me your ********, does he? If Russell Wilson had our run game, Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman, and a defense that gives up first downs on 3rd and 22, or 90 yard TD drives to Cam Newton, at home, are you in here puffin your ****** chest out at me?

Yeah.

Move on dude, go be stupid somewhere else, you waste too much of my time with your ability to only read "100+ rating" but not actually realize what goes on around that.

:lol: :pimp:

Problem I have with that is that Russ doesn't have a history of doing anything BUT doing what he's supposed to do. Is Thomas Brady not a HOF'er? He was a ballboy according to your approach, because he simply was a game manager for 3 SB's. He didn't get to this elite status until afterwards, when he was putting up ridiculous numbers. Yet he hasn't won a single thing...

What about Peyton? Historic season, and he has no hardware to show for it.

Yes, Russ has a great team around him, THE best in football, but please don't sell him short simply because he was put in a great position. If that was the case, I'm not sure why they don't run Matt Flynn out there, or any of the other bums that were in there before Russ WON the job with hard work and earned his spot. It wasn't given to him. He earned it.

View media item 258032[COLOR=#red]
he has clearly already put it into motion. Ireland been with the organization 3+ years. It will be Philbin's 3rd... and he doesn't care about the GM obviously. It's in motion if this doesn't work. If you don't see that, don't know what to tell you.[/COLOR]

You have more faith in Ross than I, I commend you for that. He has shown 0 proof that the fans should trust in what he's doing.

I never said he didn't earn it.

I never said he didn't do his job.

I never said he doesn't have a bright future.

But if they switched roles, WHICH ONE WOULD MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WHICH WOULD WOULD LANGUISH IN MIAMI???????????

Nick Foles had a better year than Russ Wilson. Why aren't you in here pining away for him? Oh, because his defense couldn't stop New Orleans and get him into the next round, that's why.

Everybody works hard. But when you're hands are tied by moronic front offices and coaches, you're hands are freakin tied, period.

Russ hasn't had to worry about that, at all. The Seahawks are run wonderfully. I rather have their front office than their QB. That's the point.

I never said he didn't earn it.

I never said he didn't do his job.

I never said he doesn't have a bright future.

But if they switched roles, WHICH ONE WOULD MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS AND WHICH WOULD WOULD LANGUISH IN MIAMI???????????

Nick Foles had a better year than Russ Wilson. Why aren't you in here pining away for him? Oh, because his defense couldn't stop New Orleans and get him into the next round, that's why.

Everybody works hard. But when you're hands are tied by moronic front offices and coaches, you're hands are freakin tied, period.

Russ hasn't had to worry about that, at all. The Seahawks are run wonderfully. I rather have their front office than their QB. That's the point.

Well then we agree. I would love their approach. I like Pete's demeanor and how it rubs off on players. They smack the other team around and play with a *gulp* swagger, and Philbin's demeanor rubs off on the Phins which is a yawnfest.

However, the one thing I give credit to Russ for over Ryan is the ability to hit on deep passes with accuracy and precision. Also, a better ability to feel the pocket collapse.

[COLOR=#red]I love how you always put words in people's mouths. Never said I have trust in Ross.

I said the writing is on the wall for Philbin and Hickey. That is it partner.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I love how you always put words in people's mouths. Never said I have trust in Ross.

I said the writing is on the wall for Philbin and Hickey. That is it partner.[/COLOR]

But wouldn't Ross make that decision? Heck the writing should've been on the wall to clean house completely and hire a GM who found his own coach. All of this just makes me want to slap Stephen for what he's pulled this offseason.

View media item 784001

Seahawks are going to be the NFC team that I'll for and not feel bad doing so.

Why wont I feel bad? Here's why:

The Miami Seahawks

In 1946 (it's only season), the Miami Seahawks were the 1st pro team in FL. After 3-11 , the owner was 350k in debt.

The team moved to Baltimore and became the Colts and the name went to Seattle in 1976

That's why :lol:

MIAMI – The Miami Dolphins announced today that they signed the following seven players for the 2014 season.

Name                      Pos.     Hgt.    Wgt.   Birth     Exp.  College  Hometown

Isaako Aaitui          DT       6-4    315  1/25/87  1    UNLV '11  Pago Pago, American Samoa

Cameron Marshall    RB       5-9    217 10/14/91  1  Arizona St '13  San Jose, Calif.

Kyle Miller               TE        6-5   262  4/18/88  2 Mouth Union '11  Elida, Ohio

Emmanuel Ogbuehi  TE/FB  6-3  250  8/17/90 1 Georgia State '13  Buford, Ga.

Michael Ola              T       6-3   278  4/19/88 R Hampton ’11  Riverside, Calif.

Ryan Spadola           WR     6-1   201  2/15/91 1 Lehigh '13  Freehold, N.J.

Jason Weaver           T        6-5   305  4/12/89 1 So. Miss '13  New Orleans, La.

That stuff clearly tells me they have no idea what they're doing.

The one issue we have on offense is NOT QB, yet they put all this effort into "pushing" him, instead of just surround the ******* guy with protection/talent.

Stupid. :smh:

That stuff clearly tells me they have no idea what they're doing.

The one issue we have on offense is NOT QB, yet they put all this effort into "pushing" him, instead of just surround the ******* guy with protection/talent.

Stupid. :smh:
Spot on. Selling papers. Slow day in the media.

I doubted Tanny, first to admit it. I'm excited at his future potential.

At least he's not Gabbert, Locker, or Ponder.

trainer of 18yrs fired

gm fired 

o line coach fired as he should be (productivity alone )

why is this coach not fired 
mean.gif
..he knew for sure

trainer of 18yrs fired

gm fired 

o line coach fired as he should be (productivity alone )

why is this coach not fired :smh: ..he knew for sure

Philbin should be gone, but Ross is blind I swear. If this season goes to hell again they better do a complete coaching overhaul.

Check your PM btw bruh

Tannehill is NICE. I don't know why the guy gets so much flack. He stands tall in the pocket, wears his hardhat every game. When you watch him play, you can tell he's out there trying to win, by any means necessary. Any normal QB would've tried to force the ball to Mike Wallace, being that he was a free agent signing but, Tannehill stuck to his guns, and distributed the ball well. Most notably to Hartline, who's very underrated. Mike Wallace dropped so many catchable passes this season, that's why you rarely heard a peep out of him.

The team could do well, they just give up on players so fast. They've done it historically, a la the Miami/Florida Marlins. I guess it's a common practice down in South Florida.

[COLOR=#red]this should be good.[/COLOR]

*Cracks knuckles*

Tannehill is NICE. I don't know why the guy gets so much flack.

Oh I don't know, maybe it's his play in the last two games of the season? Did you see his games against Buffalo and the Jests? I was blindsided by how poorly the offense performed, ONE touchdown in eight quarters. u w0t m8?

He stands tall in the pocket, wears his hardhat every game.

He stands tall alright. He stands like a statue and gets pummeled instead of using his feet and pocket awareness is at a minimum when ol' Tanny boy is back there :lol:

When you watch him play, you can tell he's out there trying to win, by any means necessary.

You think so? I don't see any fire from the guy. Just a stupid smirk on his face after throwing a pick 6 or picking his nose like a goofus.

Any normal QB would've tried to force the ball to Mike Wallace, being that he was a free agent signing but, Tannehill stuck to his guns, and distributed the ball well.

Well, I believe his robotic #%@ distributed the ball well outside of deep passes. How many times was Wallace open deep and Ryan under/overthrew him?

Most notably to Hartline, who's very underrated. Mike Wallace dropped so many catchable passes this season, that's why you rarely heard a peep out of him.

Wallace dropped a good amount of passes. So did Brandon Marshall as a Phin. Funny how he's back to being a top 5 WR. Wallace was also open deep a number of times and the QB couldn't get him the ball. It better change in season 3.

The team could do well, they just give up on players so fast. They've done it historically, a la the Miami/Florida Marlins. I guess it's a common practice down in South Florida.

I didn't agree with trading away Vontae Davis or Brandon Marshall for the horse droppings we got in return but that's on the ex-GM. However, guys like Misi, Odrick, Starks, Soliai, Hartline, etc. have stuck around for a while. This year it's make the playoffs or bust. Year 3 for the QB and coach.

Can't have a Brees, when you settle for Culpepper :D

Tannehill is the best Dolphins QB Since Jay Fiedler. When his career over, he'll be mentioned a few tiers below Griese and Marino.

Can't have a Brees, when you settle for Culpepper :D

Tannehill is the best Dolphins QB Since Jay Fiedler. When his career over, he'll be mentioned a few tiers below Griese and Marino.

Chad Pennington is the best Dolphins QB since Jay Fiedler.

IF Tannehill is to be mentioned anywhere near Dan and Bob, he's going to need to have an over .500 record which even Jay had, the ability to elevate his play when all the marbles are at stake, and the ability to lead like his peers (Luck, Wilson, Kaep, Foles all better at this point)

They just said on Le Batard show that the Phins are looking to trade Dion Jordan...

Pretty said that this organization can just make you apathetic.

They just said on Le Batard show that the Phins are looking to trade Dion Jordan...

Pretty said that this organization can just make you apathetic.

Relax, it's a hunt for news.

The actual report was Miami is listening to ALL offers for Wake, Wallace, or Jordan. Basically, they are taking calls for anyone, and if they like a deal, they'll make it. But nothing is imminent.

Also, Jordan is said to be on the drug program, already. Meaning, Miami might be looking to get out before he gets a second strike.

We're truly a stupid franchise right now, no doubt, but they are just doing normal diligence with the "listen to any offers" and see if they land a nice deal somehow.

BTW, as some of you may know, I wrote last year that we should trade Wake while he has value. Saves us money + gets more picks for our younger core to deepen. This could be that.

2014 NFL CALANDER

KEY DATES

DATE EVENT

March 3 Franchise tag deadline (4 p.m. ET)

March 8-11 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2013 Player Contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 11. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 11.

March 11 Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2014 on all players who have option clauses in their 2013 contracts
Prior to 4 p.m. ET,
clubs must submit Qualifying Offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation
Prior to 4 p.m. ET,
clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2013 contracts and who have fewer than three Accrued Seasons of free agency credit
Top-51 Begins.
All clubs must be under the 2014 Salary Cap prior to 4 p.m. ET
All 2013 player contracts will expire at 4 p.m. ET
2014 Free agency period, League Year begins (4 p.m. ET)
The first day of the 2014 League Year will end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET, on March 11.
Clubs will receive a Personnel Notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4 p.m. ET,
and 11:59:59 p.m. ET, on March 11 Trading period begins (4 p.m. ET)

March 23-26 NFL annual meeting (Orlando, Fla.)

April 7 Clubs that hired a new Head Coach after the end of the 2013 regular season may begin offseason workout programs

April 21 Clubs with returning Head Coaches may begin offseason workout programs

May 2 Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign Offer Sheets

May 7 Deadline for Prior Club to exercise Right of First Refusal to Restricted Free Agents

May 8-10 2014 NFL Draft (New York)

May 19-21 NFL spring league meeting (Atlanta)

July-August Training camps begin

Aug. 2 2014 Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony

Aug. 3 Hall of Fame Game: Buffalo at N.Y. Giants (Canton, Ohio), 8 p.m. ET

Back
Top Bottom