OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

[COLOR=#red]Grimes re-signs.... 4 years, $32 mill $16 guaranteed.

Good solid move I believe.

Still curious about the second year rookies.... which I will call them for the foreseeable future. [/COLOR]

Waking up to that notification from espn on my phone was a relief that the front office didn't try an play cheap and let their best DB test the market at all. Grimes was solid & deserved an extension, regardless of his age. Let's just hope he continues ballin like he did last season

Deon Jordan for the 22nd pick according to my sources.
Philly becomes more willing to entertain reuniting Jordan with Chip if the Eagles secure a first-rounder for D-Jax. Otherwise the #22 is still valuable to Philadelphia in the form of Pryor, Ha Ha, Gilbert, or Dennard.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 27m
All signs point to LT Branden Albert signing with the Dolphins as early as Tuesday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9qFa
Dominos begin to fall. Veldheer probably to Cards. Monroe to Raiders possibly.
[COLOR=#red]
Would be good for all teams involved.

One of the Biggest things for the Dolphins to add... A backup LT. Just in case Albert gets hurt. Which, history says, is very likely.

Think the Dolphins go after Saffold next?[/COLOR]

Saffold might be too expensive, hence the new Jairus Byrd rumors popping up.

We need to sign one of the KC guards to go with Albert as well. In a perfect world, we could pull 3 OL in FA, and only use 1 draft pick, in the 2nd or 3rd round on an OG.

Saffold might be too expensive, hence the new Jairus Byrd rumors popping up.

We need to sign one of the KC guards to go with Albert as well. In a perfect world, we could pull 3 OL in FA, and only use 1 draft pick, in the 2nd or 3rd round on an OG.

[COLOR=#red]You and I both agree on that. The smoke screens and rumors out there with Saffold and Byrd. Just was curious.

I think we both wanted 3 OL in FA.

I'm perfectly happy with one of the KC guards as well... leaves a RT or opposite G. Who would you bring in? I would want Asamoah and Streif (OT)...

And saw the Byrd rumors... no where near as expensive as Saffold, but Ross has no problem in over paying. So it's worrisome. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Dimitri Patterson released... Dolphins cap is now $40 million under.

Albert, Byrd, and someone else (a guard) would be my guess. But have plenty of room to still go guard/tackle after those two. Think one or two more guards were released recently. Plenty of options, with all those options market price goes down. Win/Win. Just have to get the reliable talent.

In saying so, again changes draft strategy... Could go corner is Michigan States corner is there. Someone mentioned Middle Linebacker but I wouldn't, not in the first. No Rey Lewis at 19.

I still want and love Ebron... but with the hype catching up I really wouldn't be surprised to see him go early, sadly. But that would be one hell of an addition.

Defensive tackle in the first two round should be addressed for sure. 22 hours until Free Agency is official... kid in a candy store.

CP and Finns... I have to do some testing in order to get you guys on, it'll be through skype and I have to figure out how to incorporate that into my mixer and things. Will be doing some tests tonight, want to have the kinks worked out by Thursday. Let me know what works, what time. Will also be trying to figure out how to get us all on at the same time but all "confrence call" type of sites cost money. If you guys know of anything let me know.
[/COLOR]

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7m
Safety Louis Delmas agrees to terms with the Dolphins. Max deal of $3.5 million for one year.

I LIKE IT A LOT!

[COLOR=#red]^ Boom... I like it as well. Another "if healthy" player, but a good one. I like this move as well... cheap signing and won't have to pay byrd $8-9 mill a year. Well done. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]What I also like... he will be playing on Grass which will save his knees (his problem area). Reggie [Bush] had the same exact talk and was very healthy compared to NO when coming to play for the Dolphins. Could spell great things for the kid. [/COLOR]

Skype? Do I know how to use that? :lol: :lol:

Delmas for a year is "safe" I guess, but ironically still costs more than Clemons did last year.

I wonder if they put Delmas down in the run game, and open Jones back up as a playmaker type. Not positive on that, just wondering if that's the plan.

[COLOR=#red]Lol I don't know, do you?

I know how to use it, but there is a certain way to plug in equipment on my end and record from skype.

With CC that was last year, his new contract would be 3-5 year at what cost? 20 hours left.[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]don't agree...

the guy is a nightmare to deal with, with or without price. His attitude sucks and his representation does too (in the sense that they are headaches).

The dolphins have their diva in Wallace, one is enough.

If it was just based on skill of course, but unfortunately it is not. Also with Grimes taking care of one side, one of the second year rookies can step up. I am still a fan of Taylor but remains to be seen on field. Also there is a first round pick at 19 sitting there when it's all said and done...

few more hours fellas. hopefully it will be a successful day and week. [/COLOR]

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/nfl-free-agent-needs

Miami Dolphins: offensive line, wide receiver/tight end  
Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill  was sacked a league-leading 58 times last season, the most of any quarterback since Jon Kitna  in 2006. 
i

The Dolphins also rushed for 37 first downs inside the tackles, 12 fewer than any other team. 

Tannehill threw four touchdowns and 13 interceptions on throws deeper than 10 yards downfield last season. Tannehill’s minus-nine TD-Int differential on those throws was the worst in the league. 

[COLOR=#red]it's time fellas...

Albert looks to be done for 5 years, 9 mill per.
NT Earl Mitchell looks wrapped up as well...

3-4 switch?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Branden Albert 5 years, $46 mill - $25 mill guaranteed. [/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom