OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

I like the Finnegan move actually. This can possibly be a Grimes move where he was injured, got healthy, and balled out

Grimes, Finnegan, and Delmas?!? I think I might like where this new GM is headed. And with the recent signings on the OL, it'll be interesting to see if we reach for something sexier earlier in the draft like a WR. Lots of talent available this year. But maybe thats just wishful thinking.

I'm good with McKinnie as a stopgap RT. Maybe that's the UM in me talking but I want him back. Draft one in the draft and groom him

He's never played RT, and he said he doesn't want to start now. *edit* (I stand corrected, he's open to it, but thinks it won't be too hard. :lol: :lol: )

Could be a disaster.

Pull Morgan Moses in the draft, and we should be ok.

Last edited:
1. It’s so easy now to see the pieces coming together. A left tackle. A defensive tackle. A guard. A cornerback. It all fits. It all makes sense. It is all part of The Plan to re-tool the Dolphins quickly and efficiently. Week one of free agency gave us the first real sign of what the new tandem of GM Dennis Hickey and Coach Joe Philbin is all about. And, truthfully, how can you not be impressed?

2. The Dolphins showed us a nice mixture of going for the big money talent and going for value. They quickly closed the deal on left tackle Branden Albert, and didn’t hesitate opening the vault. They paid what the market dictated. Then with some of the others, like defensive tackle Earl Mitchell and offensive guard Shelley Smith, they went with players who have just scratched the surface of potential. They paid enough to make it happen, but didn’t overspend. The same with defensive tackle Randy Starks.

3. Dennis Hickey has gotten off to a solid start as the team’s general manager. He clearly does his homework and comes across as sincere and diligent. I’m anxious to see where he goes from here. I like the fact that he didn’t mind rolling the dice a little with a player like cornerback Cortland Finnegan, who struggled last season in St. Louis after putting together an impressive resume with the Titans for six seasons. Low risk, very high reward.

4. Imagine if Finnegan works out. Imagine if he returns to the form that saw him become one of the league’s most consistently good corners. The Dolphins would then have perhaps the smallest starting duo in the league (both Brent Grimes and Finnegan are about 5-9) but the feistiest as well. I just love the attitude that Grimes and Finnegan brings to each Sunday. Let’s just hope it’s contagious.

5. There is still plenty of work ahead on the offensive line but left tackle is set with Albert, center remains solid with Mike Pouncey and you can now pencil in Smith at one of the guard positions. That leaves one tackle and a guard and maybe some added depth to find in free agency and the draft. With three of the five pieces in place, a complete makeover/upgrade is clearly now attainable.

6. What now? What should we expect in Week Two and beyond? The answer is simple: More of the same. I expect the Dolphins to continue to look for value, and there’s still plenty of that out there. Oh, Hickey may have one or two big splashes left (running back? right tackle?) but I don’t see panic on the agenda and I continue to see a well-defined plan of attack unfolding before the draft fills in most of the final pieces. via [COLOR=#red]@ACohenFins[/COLOR]

Never been a big Moreno fan. He's a hard worker, but he lacks explosiveness.

Sure he's going to see success in a Peyton Manning offense, when the 8th man is going to think twice about playing in the box.

Seriously?

Daniel Thomas isn't the only option available. For argument sake, of course Moreno. But he wouldn't bring true value to this Fins team. I'd rather roll the dice on Tre Mason with the second pick.

He doesn't do one thing great but is a good all-around RB.

We still draft a RB but I'm not sure we draft one early. If we do, I'm down with Tre

[COLOR=#red]I'd personally like to see Hill from LSU in the draft, wouldn't be mad either way.

One thing Moreno does well is Pass Blocking. That was the biggest reason he kept starting this year over the rook. [/COLOR]

@JasonLaCanfora: Fins have renewed attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace during the league meetings. Teams doing homework on him. Contract makes it a tough trade

@JasonLaCanfora: Miami's willingness to trade several prominent players was reported here weeks ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Just doing due diligence in terms of bettering the team.

Wallace likely won't get dealt, but if they can get out of his contract and open up more cap space, again, the next 2 years, they have to at least kick some tires.

That said, I don't think he goes anywhere.

Wake is the one we need to deal while he still has value. I been sayin that since last year tho, time is running out.

[COLOR=#red]I also don't believe Wallace will go anywhere.

I do think this is tire kicking for Wallace, but I also think this is more for Wake. I shake my head because of all the teams doing what the Dolphins are doing.... they are the only ones to "get caught" for lack of a better term and of course get reported about. :smh:

We've both said it for awhile now. Vernon and Jordan step up, get Wake off the books and pick up some kind of compensation. Especially with this draft, so deep. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they were already called false reports. :lol:[/COLOR]

Miami media absolutely hates each other. One dude says Wallace bein shopped, the other dude says not one single team has been contacted. :lol:

Sadly, same guy that says Wallace is being shopped, says Moreno is nearing deal with Miami. So that makes me think it won't happen. :\

I'd like to get Moreno and save one of our picks for another position + 2015 is loaded at RB, so it will give us a year to look at Miller with a better Oline + what Moreno can bring. If they don't measure up, we go for RB in 2015 and do just fine.

[COLOR=#red]Knowshon Moreno to the Dolphins for 1 year. I like it. Pass blocker. Decent running back.
[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom