OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

i like him in the mid 3rd-early 4th

New Orleans added in all-pro center (Unger) with the Jimmy trade, drafted an OT, & let go of their 2 best receivers.

all signs point toward them establishing the run early & often
You're not worried about Spiller/Robinson?

If Spiller can finally stay healthy he can put up numbers in PPR in that Saints offense.

They didn't pay Ingram that money for nothing though. They'll give him the rock as much as he can handle. The problem with him though is that when he's in the game it's just so obvious that it's a run play. So there's a lot of times where he just gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage.

What I'm wondering is how good of a fantasy quarterback can Mariota be this year......

He has potential to be fantasy gold with his running yards and decent arm without many interceptions.

Dammit, now I am unsure on who to take at #5 standard league if it comes down to Lynch or Brown (assuming Peterson, Bell, Charles and Lacy are taken)

mean.gif

Read a few articles on Lynch, ESPN did a study finding that Lynch's floor should still be high. Getting Graham should vulture a few of his TD's though

I feel like Brown is in the discussion due to his consistency 

Edit: Nevermind, I think the clear choice is Lynch. You'd still end up with an AJ Green or Jordy at WR for round 2

Last edited:
how early are you guys drafting a DEF and K in 12 man leagues? i feel like im still looking at decent WRs in the later rounds and almost never want to draft a DEF or K

i havent played fantasy FB for 2 years, who are the sleeper PPR players this year?

Last edited:
So i have the 7th pick in my 14 team league and Im really up in the air on what to do.

The top RBs will be gone by the time my pick comes. 

I just sent the emails to everyone for the Deep League. I'll keep everyone updated.
Money on Venmo? Leaguesafe?

Money on Venmo? Leaguesafe?
Leaguesafe #IDontTrustNobody

I read leaguesafe charges (takes a fee) of the winnings in order to withdraw the money, but couldnt find anywhere that says how much.

That sucks though

Yea they def charge a fee of some sort if you choose to withdraw the money. They also have an option for an Amazon gift card if I can remember correctly. Used it for the first time last year in my league and I can say it def made it more manageable collecting/distributing the earnings.

A responsible person with venmo > paying someone to be a bank

My bad for the late reply, I was away over the weekend. I'll do whatever you guys like though. I've never used any of these fantasy league money management sites so I'm open to suggestions.

Do we have an approx. date for the Deep League draft?
Nothing yet. Imo drafts are best held after week 3 of the preseason, which concludes on August 30th. Do week nights or weekends work better for everyone?

Last edited:
how early are you guys drafting a DEF and K in 12 man leagues? i feel like im still looking at decent WRs in the later rounds and almost never want to draft a DEF or K

i havent played fantasy FB for 2 years, who are the sleeper PPR players this year?
it depends what you plan to do with your DEF this year. Are you planning to play the same defense every week or playing by weekly matchups? Seems like you want to roll with 1 defense for the whole year. Only defenses i feel confident that i can roll with on a weekly basis is Buffalo and Seattle, maybe Miami

Was the Cowboy's oline considered elite the year before last too? Just trying to get more of a clear picture on D. Murray. Everyone always says that the Cowboys' line was elite last year.. have they been elite for a while?

Last edited:
Zack Martin really solidified the unit.

Chip says it'll be a 60-40 split between Murray & the other backs (Mathews, Sproles). wouldn't take him with my 1st pick but if he's there in the 2nd it's gonna be hard to pass on him.

they only added zack martin last year from the year before. The difference between 2013 and 2014 is the number of attempts murray had rushing

I've been doing a handful of mocks and this draft strategy has worked for me pretty much 3/4 of the time:

1st round: WR
2nd: WR
3rd: RB
4th: RB
5th: WR
6th: QB or TE
7th: TE or QB
8th: RB
9th: RB

No joke, an example of one team I managed to draft consisted of:

Ryan Tannehill
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas
Julian Edelman
Mark Ingram
Alfred Morris
Greg Olsen

Abdullah
Joique Bell
John Brown
Philip Rivers
Panthers D/ST
Mason Crosby

Previous years I would make the mistakes of going for the guys who I thought would break out in major ways instead of going with the BPA, like last year I took Zac Stacy, Kyle Rudolph, and Victor Cruz (which ended in a disaster for me :lol:) but this time around I've learned that getting quality guys over quantity sets me up for success this year. I'm waiting on QB's and TE's, and more than likely going to stream defenses through the season. I feel like I'll get the most of out my drafts if I don't strike at those choices early. Just wanted to share a little insight with you all :smokin

Last edited:
I've been doing a handful of mocks and this draft strategy has worked for me pretty much 3/4 of the time:

1st round: WR
2nd: WR
3rd: RB
4th: RB
5th: WR
6th: QB or TE
7th: TE or QB
8th: RB
9th: RB

No joke, an example of one team I managed to draft consisted of:

Ryan Tannehill
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas
Julian Edelman
Mark Ingram
Alfred Morris
Greg Olsen

Abdullah
Joique Bell
John Brown
Philip Rivers
Panthers D/ST
Mason Crosby

Previous years I would make the mistakes of going for the guys who I thought would break out in major ways instead of going with the BPA, like last year I took Zac Stacy, Kyle Rudolph, and Victor Cruz (which ended in a disaster for me :lol:) but this time around I've learned that getting quality guys over quantity sets me up for success this year. I'm waiting on QB's and TE's, and more than likely going to stream defenses through the season. I feel like I'll get the most of out my drafts if I don't strike at those choices early. Just wanted to share a little insight with you all :smokin
you can try a bunch of mock drafts, but when the real draft comes, anything can happen. I did a bunch of mock drafts last year and the draft went nothing like the mocks i've done.

I try not to go with a set strategy or focus on a certain position for each round.

you can try a bunch of mock drafts, but when the real draft comes, anything can happen. I did a bunch of mock drafts last year and the draft went nothing like the mocks i've done.

I try not to go with a set strategy or focus on a certain position for each round.

Exactly.each draft has its own personality. Gota go with the flow.I will never be in a draft unfortunately where I can get Julio and demaryius together so rite away it does not make sense.

Anyone looking to join a league?

I've got spots open in two Yahoo leagues.

12 team - Pretty competitive standard scoring league with a flex and extra bench spots - 5 spots left

10 team - High scoring, PPR, extra bench spots, flex - 4 spots left

Send me a PM with your email address or just tell me which one you want in on (or both) and i'll send you invite links.

Some of you are already in the league from renewing.

What I'm wondering is how good of a fantasy quarterback can Mariota be this year......

He has potential to be fantasy gold with his running yards and decent arm without many interceptions.

anyone drafting MM to be their starter is asking for trouble. All this "hype" of him not throwing a pick in PRESEASON PRACTICE sessions is a smoke screen.

They have major offensive holes and that's not going to help MM's situation. Look for him to score about 10 rushing TDs and about 18 passing TDs. He's a back up only.

first round

I've been ending up with K. Allen a lot in mocks as my WR2, allowing me to have 3 elite to very good RB's and WR1. I'm hoping I could even steal him as my FLEX in my 12 team league but I doubt it

here's to hoping Rivers can make him a bounce back guy. One great season...and one what the hell happened season...not really a good formula based on past FF history

We drafted tonight because it was the only night we could all get together..

Ben Roethlisberger
Justin Forsett
Lamar Miller
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham
Cameron Jordan
Keenan Allen
Arizona
Matt Bryant
Jarvis Landry
Doug Martin
Todd Gurley
Delanie Walker
Charles Johnson
Chris Ivory

I hate it, but my league is full of wildcard guys so I should be ok.

you hate this team???

any open leagues in yahoo

prefer 10-12 team ppr format? 

a buddy of mine might also look to join in 

Yep me too.

I was also surprised to see Teddy looking for Kyle Rudolph as much as he did for the short time they were playing in the HOF game.

Back
Top Bottom