OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

Great offseason so far
pimp.gif
All things considered, I can't be mad at what Doc is doing this summer.

One win away from a conference finals, and despite circumstance, (which is his fault) he and Dave have been very creative and are really being aggressive in improving the team in areas of need. 

The Pierce move is really huge because I think it helps with attracting other FAs to fill out the roster, including DJ

Still, this is a team within reach of a first seed every season in the Western Conference. And while its own inadaptability might make its title contention more dependent on matchups and luck than other contenders, nearly every championship in NBA history has been shaped by good fortune. The Clippers as presently constituted are certainly capable of taking advantage if the opportunity presents itself.
http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/06/30/five-questions-los-angeles-clippers/

Honestly, if DJ doesn't chose us at this point he's either an idiot or delusional about his abilities.

If DJ doesn't pick the Clips, I can see his career will taking a tailspin and him becoming a brooding bad lockeroom guy on a huge contract who teams want to trade.

Grass ain't always greener. He's in the PERFECT situation here. Carlisle will bench him with the quickness for Brandon Wright with Hack a DJ. Doc stuck it out with him.

Parsons has probably spent 100,000 in dinners, drinks, and prostitues for DJ. How mad will he be if DJ stays? :lol:

:lol: You can see literally one of the five most likable guys in the NBA becoming a bad locker room guy and a distraction?

Honestly, if DJ doesn't chose us at this point he's either an idiot or delusional about his abilities.

From a basketball perspective you're absolutely right. It makes no sense to not stay with the clippers

You JUST MADE A FRIGGIN ALL NBA TEAM AND A ALL DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM

That team has now improved and is looking to continue to improve throughout the summer.

This may be the fan bias in me but the clippers are as close as can be. They are right there. One quarter away from a wcf and you got better this summer. Consistently challenging for 60 wins for 4 straight years. You're gonna curve that for

DALLAS?

The LAKERS?

He isn't good enough to be the main cog in a rebuild. He's playing with Chris Paul and Blake griffin, two of the best passers in the league. He can't find that luxury anywhere else and will be playing for a lotto team if he bounces.

We shall see though

If DJ doesn't pick the Clips, I can see his career will taking a tailspin and him becoming a brooding bad lockeroom guy on a huge contract who teams want to trade.

Grass ain't always greener. He's in the PERFECT situation here. Carlisle will bench him with the quickness for Brandon Wright with Hack a DJ. Doc stuck it out with him.

Kind of why I've been clamoring in here about him not leaving. And this isn't to say that I can't be wrong

And this isnt saying that the clips are some free agent juggernaut hotspot either. The other options (Dallas lal ny) are just so far away that for a guy who's entering his prime years to bounce to those teams given his skill set, is borderline career suicide.

If DJ leaves it has to be cause he really wants more of an offensive presence or there was bad blood in the locker room.

Normally I'd say some crap like well he'll get paid more or he's going to a contender but it's just not the case in this situation.

Just sign already so #ClipperNation can rest a little easier.

:lol: You can see literally one of the five most likable guys in the NBA becoming a bad locker room guy and a distraction?

Absolutely. Likability has nothing to do with that.

DJ REALLY cares about his stats. Particularly rebounding and minutes. If they get cut, he's shown he can become quite pouty. I'm not talking Rondo bad, but everyone has their breaking point.

Absolutely. Likability has nothing to do with that.

DJ REALLY cares about his stats. Particularly rebounding and minutes. If they get cut, he's shown he can become quite pouty. I'm not talking Rondo bad, but everyone has their breaking point.
There was a running gag with the squad last year where DJ would "playfully" get hot at players for taking rebounds away from him
laugh.gif

There was a running gag with the squad last year where DJ would "playfully" get hot at players for taking rebounds away from him:lol:

Lol. I peeped that. He'd legit get mad at some rebounds he couldn't get. Good dude, but he's definitely extremely conscious of his rebounding numbers.

@ArashMarkazi   2h2 hours ago

Austin Rivers can and will look around but he's not going to find a better fit and salary than what he'll have with the Clippers.

@ArashMarkazi   2h2 hours ago

If Austin takes a pay cut to leave L.A. and be a backup elsewhere, I'd have to imagine the constant father-son talk was too much for him.

@ArashMarkazi   29m29 minutes ago

Sense from some is DeAndre Jordan race is now even between Clippers and Mavs. It was "90-10" for the Clippers before Parsons got involved.

@ArashMarkazi   17h17 hours ago

Doc has something tangible to show Jordan now in their meeting with Pierce and Stephenson locked up. Status quo would've been a hard sell.

LOL. Parsons appears to be one hell of a recruiter. Really wonder what he's got going on. :nerd:

Would be a turnstyle on defense, but showed he still had a bit left with dallas towards the end of the year. With a more condensed role, could be very effective. Was a net positive for the mavs last year. Sounds like we may have a shot at him.

@latbbolch   3m3 minutes ago

Can confirm reports that Clippers have reached out to reps of Amare Stoudemire, who is waiting to see what happens with DeAndre Jordan.

Would be a turnstyle on defense, but showed he still had a bit left with dallas towards the end of the year. With a more condensed role, could be very effective. Was a net positive for the mavs last year. Sounds like we may have a shot at him.

So, are we interpreting that tweet to mean that Amare will come here if we re-sign DeAndre? Or is he more likely to come if DeAndre leaves?

LOL. Parsons appears to be one hell of a recruiter. Really wonder what he's got going on. :nerd:

DJ loves weed and white girls and from what I've heard about Parsons, he has both readily available.

So, are we interpreting that tweet to mean that Amare will come here if we re-sign DeAndre? Or is he more likely to come if DeAndre leaves?
Just read a tweet where sources said he would come if DJ leaves, and isn't interested in being a back up.

So much for that 
laugh.gif

I really like the fact that we're the last team DJ's gonna meet with. Doc gonna make him feel like he's prime Shaq by the end of it. I think he stays.

Back
Top Bottom