OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GS beat 3 teams that all would have gave problems to the Cavs. Spurs, Clippers, and Rockets are all better than the Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks lmao.

Kyrie or no Kyrie this series, GS is finishing it off in 5/6.

Last edited:
And the Cavs don't have Tony Allen
Cleveland as whole has played better defense than Memphis in the playoffs. I referenced Tony Allen because you need a smart defender to stifle Golden State's backcourt. Cleveland seems to have a few capable wing defenders that can funnel everything to their bigs.

Yeah they had experience, but were also a much better team than Miami, but folks didn't want to acknowledge it because somehow LeBron is supposed to cancel out all of that. I'm not a huge metrics guy but by the numbers this is an all time great team in GS that LeBron will be going against, I think they'll be just fine in maintaining composure. They've done it for the majority of the year save 2 games in Memphis.
LeBron wasn't going to cancel out the fact that the Spurs sagged off Wade and allowed Bosh to shoot jumpers, rather than using his quicks in the post. Golden State is certainly putting up historic numbers, but I don't see them running Cleveland out the gym. Houston has been the same team all season, Memphis has been the same for quite a few years, great defense with not enough scoring.

Cleveland is a different team than before, so you really have to toss out all the film from earlier in the season. I'm interested to see how Blatt is going to defend GS, switching, playing it straight, zone, etc. Defense is his lane and up to this point, his staff has been able to slow down every strength of their opponent. Cleveland is vulnerable against teams with great ball movement and teams that put pressure on the defense with an attacking 3/4.

So the only change in the entire roster from those old Cavs teams is Lebron?

Lebron makes a difference no doubt, but the fanboys make it hard to cheer for him.
1st I'm a Wizards fan. The point of my post wasn't to list every single change that the Cavs made but rather commend LeBron for 5 years of Finals trips and pointing out how his presence leaving and returning to Cleveland changed the franchise 2 times immediately.

If you want to get technical then YES there have been roster moves. None of which are possible or take place without him returning.
Exactly.

Glad it's another fan of a non-Lebron team saying that, too.

Yes, in the 3 new teams Lebron has joined, there have been other roster changes. Ben Wallace, Larry Hughes. Chris Bosh, Mike Miller. Kevin Love, Mike Miller.

But those additions have never been reasonably considered to be THE reason for the huge turnarounds his teams have taken upon his arrival.

People want so badly for that to be false, but ultimately, it's not.

He's a walking Finals contender. Not "winner"; I'm not saying he's a walking Finals winner, because obviously, he's already lost 3, and very well could lose a 4th. But he is absolutely a walking Finals contender, and that's crazy.

Good thing for GS is, they've already faced 2 of the top 5 players in the game

They've faced the best defensive and rebounding front court in the league in ZBO/Gasol

That will prepare them for this Cavs team as best as you could hope

Teams 1-7 woulda taken the Cavs to 6 or even beaten them. Lebron cake walks to the finals every year, only reason his finals record isnt perfect is because the West is just a different monster.

Last edited:
jesus christ
these Lakers fan simply cannot hide their hate for Lebron

they cant just state the facts in their opinion
they have to put a little mustard on each and every line
http://niketalk.com/t/183864/laker-...-haters-unification-thread/1680#post_23361052

Pot meet kettle.

Don't call people out on hating an athlete when you have a hundred posts in a hater thread. Just an FYI. Have a nice Memorial Day.
Underrated post right there.

It's easy to do that when they've played Boston, CHI and ATL
I'm sure it is with as many personnel changes as they've made throughout the year, especially considering the fact that they've had to completely change their identity in the midst of the playoffs.

Crazy that a GSW Finals trip would mean Steph beats out the rest of the All NBA First Team roster. 
eek.gif

(sorry if my blunder gave you a false sense of hope for being mentioned, Seth. 
embarassed.gif
 )

Last edited:
I'm sure it is with as many personnel changes as they've made throughout the year, especially considering the fact that they've had to completely change their identity in the midst of the playoffs.
They go from Love to TT, defensively, that's a plus move

They've had Mozgov for a while now, starting

Going up against 2 teams in the west, that defense would not look the same as it appears now

Crazy that a GSW Finals trip would mean Steph beats out the rest of the All NBA First Team roster. 
eek.gif
That's incredible.

That man his having the season of his life. I'm glad it's him, dude only wants to get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steph gonna win the Championship by eliminating each of the 4 other members of the ALL NBA First Team from the Playoffs, win NBA MVP, Finals MVP, and set all kinds of 3pt records.  Hot wife, hot mom.   Winning all sorts of ways

Last edited:
Have they really had to make that drastic of an adjustment in the playoffs though? Offensively they've been an iso centric team all year that's relied on LeBron and Kyrie to penetrate and either score or draw the defense in and kick it out to the plethora of shooters (Love, Shump, JR, Jones). Now with Kyrie out, the burden has fallen on LeBron mostly. And we all know they are a better defensive team without Kryie and Love on the floor. Tristan has been doing his thing on the boards throughout the year. Don't see this complete revamp that they've suddenly had to overcome all in the midst of going against teams in the playoffs who clearly have their issues on the offensive sides of the ball, not just against CLE either. Think you're giving their defense a little too much credit. They've not seen a juggernaut even close to what GS is going to throw at them.

Steph gonna win the Championship by eliminating each of the 4 other members of the ALL NBA First Team from the Playoffs, win NBA MVP, Finals MVP, and set all sorts of 3pt records.  Hot wife, hot mom.   Winning all sorts of ways
It'll be by far the most impressive run I've seen outside of what Dirk did in 2011 going through Kobe, KD, and Lebron on the way to a chip only losing 3 games total in that stretch.

It'll be by far the most impressive run I've seen outside of what Dirk did in 2011 going through Kobe, KD, and Lebron on the way to a chip only losing 3 games total in that stretch.
Damn, I read other dudes in here saying Curry is having a LeBron-esque cake walk through the playoffs 

Steph gonna win the Championship by eliminating each of the 4 other members of the ALL NBA First Team from the Playoffs, win NBA MVP, Finals MVP, and set all sorts of 3pt records.  Hot wife, hot mom.   Winning all sorts of ways

Damn I didn't even realize that

Damn, I read other dudes in here saying Curry is having a LeBron-esque cake walk through the playoffs 
I would invalidate pretty much all future basketball opinions of anyone who told me Steph and Co. are cakewalking through the playoffs. 
laugh.gif

Just because they're making it look easy doesn't mean it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom