Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

This is what it's about for me. It's not his fault entirely, but 3 losing seasons and not being to get it done this year? Something has to be done, unfortunately. If we gave him another year, I wouldn't have been mad either.. but I think short of him retiring with a SB victory, it would have been difficult to have him leave/retire/get fired anyway.. so it had to be done at some point.

Watching that press conference was brutal. TC was FIRED UP! He was mad but passionate. Can't believe he's gone. Like his comments towards Eli at the end. TC blew right by Mara, didn't even shake his hand. Hahahahahaha. Said something along the lines, if we're 7-9 I'm in that office but we're 6-10 and I'm here. Surprised to hear that.

Just heard John Mara say Reese is a key in our two SB wins. Which is ****** BS. Reese INHERITED that 07 SB roster. Accorsi put together that roster and drafted Tuck, Snee, Jacobs and Osi. Reese had NOTHING to do with that team. Most of those players were all their for our second ring. Reese is the reason Osi and Tuck left before their time. Reese is the problem and he has to go but it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere. ****

Last edited:
Yeah, If you listen to what they're saying, TC was fired. And he's pissed as he should be. How spoiled are some Giants fans that a 4 year drought has you wanting to fire your coach. A lot of those same fans only became fans after the '07 or '11 season. Probably couldn't even tell you who the coach was before TC. Real Giants fans see the value in TC and Eli together and know it's not easy to just plug in a new coach and win.
Now they got me wondering who they're going to go after and if they are thinking about getting rid of Eli. After this, who knows...

I couldn't see another QB replacing Eli right now. That would just be asinine, after coming off one of his best statistical seasons. For continuity, do they go with Spags or McAdoo? I'm sure both are gonna get looked at.

This doesn't feel good :smh:. And like the rest of you, I don't understand how Reese has kept his job this long. We had a third string defense out there all season, and one wide receiver.

Eli has no business going anywhere. Move on from Cruz, bring in WR talent. Establish run game. Beef up defense.

Last edited:
Eli trying to not break down. I loved this part of his speech and what he said. Made me tear up.

Pursuing Megatron makes too much sense. That's a must. He clearly needs a change of scenery and he's only 30. For reference, Fitz is 32 and still playing at a high level. He doesn't have to be Megatron. He just has to be solid. We have so many holes on this team I really think it'll be at least another season of being bad. And Eli is no spring chicken. We have to prepare ourselves for the future. I hate seeing Coughlin go out like this but I think they understand that we're in a bit of a rebuild and its better to do it from the ground up. New players, new coach. I imagine Tom isn't interested in coaching too much longer so moving on made sense.

Pursuing Megatron makes too much sense. That's a must. He clearly needs a change of scenery and he's only 30. For reference, Fitz is 32 and still playing at a high level. He doesn't have to be Megatron. He just has to be solid. We have so many holes on this team I really think it'll be at least another season of being bad. And Eli is no spring chicken. We have to prepare ourselves for the future. I hate seeing Coughlin go out like this but I think they understand that we're in a bit of a rebuild and its better to do it from the ground up. New players, new coach. I imagine Tom isn't interested in coaching too much longer so moving on made sense.

I forget sometimes Eli is 35. I think he has a few good years left in him. Maybe a QB is the right way to go entering the draft.

Last edited:

I forget sometimes Eli is 35. I think he has a few good years left in him. Maybe a QB is the right way to go entering the draft.
I don't think we bring in a QB this draft unless its late round. Eli played too well last year. His numbers would've been through the roof if Cruz played and we had a consistent run game. But as we all know Eli isn't Tom or Peyton. When his skills decline it could get ugly. Following next season we have to have a QB in waiting. I say build the team up for next year and then worry about QB the year after. I think Eli will have a year left on his contract but he'll be a valuable asset to help a new QB.

We just extended Eli. He's not going anywhere. Just had two great seasons. Look at the QB situations around the league. He'll play out his contract here and retire a Giant.

laugh.gif
 Guess I'm the only one OK with Coughlin leaving. Appreciate all he has done, and forever grateful, but I believe it was time.

We just extended Eli. He's not going anywhere. Just had two great seasons. Look at the QB situations around the league. He'll play out his contract here and retire a Giant.
Most of the QB situations are what they are because of poor planning. We need to plan. That's all I'm saying. 

How Stephen a smith spoke of coughlin today on first take made me sick. Saying he doesn't get the love affair the fans have for TC.
I usually dont have a problem of what he says in the past but today he really rubbed me the wrong way.
Guy is not even a giants fan and should not be speaking on our behalf.

I don't know if I want to watch the whole conference.. just that one clip was brutal.

Gonna miss TC. Made some bad decisions this year, but it wasn't all on him with this arena football roster we patched together :smh:

Listening to Antrel Rolle today, said the same thing a lot of us have said. We were missing leaders and vets on this team. I said all year long, we needed Osi and Antrel on this roster and we could have had them for cheap. HUGE mistake by Reese. HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Keeping Rolle wouldve been nice for the veteran presence. Especially when the ended up two SS at safety all year anyways.

Going after Megatron would be dumb imo. Of course he's amazing but he's older and we have Odell. We need a supporting cast around Odell. A number 2 (that isn't Randle, I don't like anything about his attitude and his inconsistency). Restructure Cruz for sure but give him a chance. I think the Giants owe him that much considering he took less money to play with the hometown team. Lots of fans like to forget that. And in a time where the Giants have been ****** to their longtime players (Tuck, Rolle) I think they can do that much. Dwayne Harris has proved he's a functioning wr, plus he's dangerous after the catch.

If you want a big name FA there's other positions that can use it. I personally will be pissed if they don't go after Eric Weddle. I wanted them to trade for him mid season but acquiring him now won't be as costly and he definitely wants out of SD (LA?). Prince looked weak at times this year, and I was expecting him to have a huge year. DRC outplayed him every game. I'd like to think Prince could be better when they have a competent coverage safety and capable linebackers. As long as he doesn't want a huge amount of money I say keep him. Tevin Wade was a great Nickle once they figured out he was better than Hosley.

I like Jennings too. He was a beast last year until he got hurt. He's very versatile which I like. No top end speed or power but just a well balanced way to his attack which means a lot of different options for the OC. This year showed great moments while he wasn't getting the full workload. and in the last month after he said he needed the ball more to get in a rhythm he came through and played great. Keep Vereen bc he's a great 3rd down back. Darkwa for depth. And cut Williams. They gave Williams enough time and I think Darkwa has more upside. But keep it at a 1 and 2 rotation and Darkwa strictly for depth or blow out games.

I like Tye. He's more of a blocking te by trade but showed some good pass catching ability. Cut Cunningham. Keep Donnell. He's too much of an athlete to give up on even though he's had some health concerns. If he can sure up his hands (3 tds one game and 3 drops the next) and stop front flipping into tackles :smile:lol) he'll be a great weapon. Draft a late rounder or go FA for depth. I'm pretty sure Fells is done, I wish him luck.

Cut Beason, for the love of god please cut Beason. Hope Kennard makes it through a whole season next year bc he was playing at a pro bowl level in the beginning of this season.

I'm confident in Flowers and Richburg to be great OL. Pugh isn't the LT the Giants thought he'd be with a 1st round pick but If he can manage RT or be a great OG I'd take it. Everyone else needs to be considered replaceable.

I really hope they make Macadoo the HC. I like Spags this year too. I thought the play calling was mostly on point. It was clear most players weren't talented enough to hold their gaps, not miss tackles, or keep their coverage.

Last edited:
Man we had nothing at safety, but Rolle was beyond washed. Plus he only played in 7 games this year because of injury. A name to look out for is FS Tashaun Gipson from the Browns.

In terms of Big Name Free Agent my pipe dream is Von Miller, but he will get tagged, so I'm praying the Jets let Mo Wilkerson hit the market. Overall I would prefer that the Giants target a lot of Mid tier Free agents, just because we have so many holes to fill.

Washed Rolle is still better than Dahl or Taylor. I'm not saying he would've saved the team but it was a bad move to let him walk just like James Jones.

I'd give a finger for Von Miller, no joke. I really don't see any incentive for people to want to stay in Denver with Peyton on his last legs and Brock looking so so. Raiders are about to run that division for years to come. But I'm sure theyll tag him before he can walk. Without know their contract situation, I'd love Trevathan or Marshall just as much. Mo Wilkison would be dope, Sheldon Richardson too even though he's an idiot off the field.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Osi or Rolle would have been pro bowlers or anything. They would have been vocal leaders that could speak up and teach the kids. Landon Collins could have REALLY used Antrel Rolle this season. Plus Rolle was our defensive captain for like four years. Our team didn't have any vocal leaders and that really hurt us. Without a doubt, Antrel would have talked to ODB the game he lost his mind.

I would love Von Miller. Was thinking about that last week. Denver's money is tight so it's possible he leaves. I think he gets a huge check so I don't know if we go for him.

Back
Top Bottom