Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh i see. D-Lo is a good 2nd year player but he has a long way to go.
Damien is averaging 25 pts, 6 assists and 5 boards. He's not the problem. I'm actually not sure why the Blazers are dropping games. McCollum has been balling, so it's not the backcourt.

Because their big men are Charmin?

Because Evan Turner is trash?

Because Ezeli is dead?

Because they refuse to play defense?

Because CJ is inconsistent and disappears for stretches? 

Festus Ezeli is still hurt?! Tyreke Evans even got back on the court quicker and he had a broken knee.

boston getting the dub tonight

You know your basketball well, my friend :pimp:

+

Why dd Adam Silver take away the Boston Vs Washington game on Jan 11th on ESPN? Is it because both teams have been underwhelming? Or just the Bullets have been trash?

No clue, but with IT averaging 27 and 31 over the last 10..he's damn near must see tv imo. Glowed up.

Negan cant eem save those muufuuuggas bro
I mean what are we saying here?

If you are a good team but not the BEST, you are wasting your time/energy/effort?

Again I ask, what isnthe alternative?

For your team to be trash? That is better?

Dippers have a top 5 player at 4 outta 5 positions and their ceiling is still the 2nd round. They are in purgatory. But they do have enough talent in either Blake or CP0 to net them more depth or a star wing player. And while unlikely, they could lose both of those guys at the end of the season for nothing.

Negan cant eem save those muufuuuggas bro
I mean what are we saying here?

If you are a good team but not the BEST, you are wasting your time/energy/effort?

Again I ask, what isnthe alternative?

For your team to be trash? That is better?

thing is cp3 is the ONLY thing that makes that team good and he may bounce. or say he resigns, hes almost 32 and injury prone. specifically frail hammies

what do you suggest they do? Who do they build around? gotta move blake. CP3 and DJ are the core. Top 5 PG and Top 5 C. But what else on the squad is really irreplaceable? Maybe Johnathon Clay. But if you just have 2 main guys and everybody else is expendable, that sounds like a blow up. Thats essentially want Portland did.

I just never believed in the, "Blw up a team because they good but aren't elite" approach.

How many times in the history of the NBA has that garnered that team success after that?

I would rather keep my building at 75% + capacity every night and lose i the 2nd round each year than blow it up and be some trash

Fundamentally, it isn't like POR because POR has two midgets as their best 2 players. We know that isn't leading to anything other than "Best backcourt" conversations.

Clippers can move Blake for a big that can stretch the 4 and isn't a Point Forward like Blake is.

Also as good as CP0 is do you really want to be paying him almost 40 million a year until he's 37?

They'll literally be stuck with this same cast of characters that will likely only get worse as they collectively get older.

Last edited:
I just never believed in the, "Blw up a team because they good but aren't elite" approach.

How many times in the history of the NBA has that garnered that team success after that?

I would rather keep my building at 75% + capacity every night and lose i the 2nd round each year than blow it up and be some trash

Especially when its a crap shoot if you can draft a superstar, all-star, or even a rotation player with your lottery picks. It takes a lot of luck. The only team recently who was able to successfully trade away some of their top talent, draft more elite talent and win was Golden State recently. Even that almost got messed up because Curry easily could've been traded before Monta. They drafted Klay, Draymond, Barnes and traded Monta for Bogut all within the same year.

Twolves been struggling to make the playoffs since 2004 and probably not making it this year, either. They finally have some young talent, but they still haven't meshed together.

Some situations I understand. A team like Dallas where your best player is 38 years old should blow it up. The writing was on the wall 1-2 seasons ago. If your best players are still playing at a high level, ride it out in hopes of getting lucky one year before blowing it up.

What I hate more is teams that rush their rebuilds (like the Pelicans tried to do) and teams like Portland that were about to rebuild, but rushed it after overachieving one season. 3 of their 5 best players left and because they went through a great stretch of games last season, they made the playoffs and thought they were ready for the big stage.

Last edited:
Also as good as CP0 is do you really want to be paying him almost 40 million a year until he's 37?

They'll literally be stuck with this same cast of characters that will likely only get worse as they collectively get older.
Again, what is the alternative?

Have a SORRY team and an empty building every night?

Up until the San Antonio game just last week, LAC had won 7 of 10 with wins over SAS 2x, Cavs, Raptors, Thunder, Grizzlies,

They gon on a 4 game skid in which Blake/CP/JJ all miss 3 of the 4 games and the solution is "blow it up" :lol:

They're fine.

Right.

And history matters with a franchise like LAC. They went from the laughing stock in all of sports to being the only team sans San Antonio to win 50+ games for like six straight seasons or something like that.

It's not easy to tell a franchise to rebuild when they're less than a decade removed from being terrible (even though 06 was a great year for Clips)

That's what they've literally been for their entire existence save a handful of years. And even with all this elite talent they're a 2nd round exit.

That's what they've literally been for their entire existence save a handful of years. And even with all this elite talent they're a 2nd round exit.

So they should go back to doing that? :lol:

I don't trust a guy's opinon on rebuilding who's favorite team has only missed the playoffs 8 times in 68 years. (with 3 of those 8 years being over the last 3)

Last edited:
So why would they VOLUNTARILY go back to this Mamba?

You got it. There is no way you believe what you are typing is a good idea for that franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom