Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Embiid being mentioned in the same breath as ANY of the best bigs in the league?

The post was in reference to how much great young talent at the center position we have in the league right now. Nobody was crowning him as one of the best in the league yet.

KD and LeBron are both ring chasers. They left their drafted teams because they thought they couldn't get the job done, to join forces with elite players to try/to win chips.

+

LeBron won't surpass Jordan. Only way LeBron gets mentioned being even close to Michael is if he wins 5 and definite 6. C'mon. LeBron's Finals record isn't impressive but him going to six straight is beyond wild. If he goes to seven straight. Boy oh boy....

+

Kobe and LeBron both proved they could win on their own. People said Kobe couldnt win without Shaq. He did it back to back in '09 & '10.
People said LeBron couldnt win on his own. He came back from a 3-1 deficit to win 4-3 against a 73-9 winningest record team. Legendary!

Kobe > LeBron individually.

but with 4 MVP's, record breaking stats, and the forecast for the future. LeBron is probably better overall.

Kobe top 7 all time. LeBron is in that 10-8 range, right now.

Great post

Thank you.

I love KAT and think he's going to be amazing but he's played one year in the league and his team was still one of the worst in the league even with a decently talented roster. And Whiteside? Are you really saying his name deserves to be mentioned over AD, Cousins and Embiid? That isn't even worth my time to argue.

I pose the same question.

As for the Steph injury talk that really didn't come up again until after game 7 where he was doing foolishness looking like he was auditioning for the And 1 tour.

Steph himself postgame wasn't using his injury as an excuse so I'll take the man's word for it.

The ironic thing is Warriors fans trying use the injury excuse for Steph didn't want to hear anything about Myrie and Kevin Love being out the Finals before because "it wouldn't have mattered".

Full disclosure: I didn't think Love and Kyrie would've changed the outcome 2015 Finals if they played.

October 23, 201625 Comments By SLAM Staff

LeBron James: ‘Teams Get Together in This League to Try to Beat Me’

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebron-james-teams-try-to-beat-me/#lPU8vAhEsRJM1wxh.99

Having gone to the Finals six straight years and being the reigning NBA champion has put a figurative ‘X’ on LeBron James‘ back.

Teams around the League, and especially in the East, are aiming to dethrone LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers, sometimes shaping their roster to counter Cleveland’s.

LeBron remembers being the hungry underdog trying to defeat Boston’s Big Three. But years of continually falling short led him to form his own star trios—first in Miami, and now in Cleveland.

More from cleveland.com:

“I know teams switch and pick up new coaches or new players, and their whole goal is kind of they want to beat me,” James told cleveland.com, in a candid discussion about the upcoming year and his place in the sport at age 31, in this his 14th season. “It’s never just about me, but I always hear them saying, ‘We gotta beat LeBron.’ It’s not just me on the court, but I understand that teams get together in this conference and across the league to try to beat me.”

[…]

The Celtics, with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, among others, knocked the Cavs out of the playoffs in 2008 and 2010. Boston won it all in 2008 and lost to the Lakers in the 2010 Finals.

[…]

“And then at that time we didn’t even have any money to go get anybody. I knew personally that D Wade was a free agent, I knew Bosh was a free agent, I knew Amare (Stoudemire) was a free agent, I knew Carlos Boozer was a free agent, so I knew I had to try and get some guys to try and get Boston, man. That was my whole mindset.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/lebron-james-teams-try-to-beat-me/#lPU8vAhEsRJM1wxh.99

dude has 3 titles and he thinks he jordan all of a sudden. shut up and play basketball lebron. plenty of other teams have won chips while you been around. you arent jordan. no teams formed to beat you till this year. 

lol at get boston. boston was old as hell and were going to be washed asap. boston was irrelevant after 2010. 

Last edited:
He's right but that's a selfish quote.

He has stacked his team.
This.

Of course teams are gonna make moves aiming to take out the prohibitive favorite in the conference every year.

That ain't rocket science.

Knew that quote would get a reaction.
laugh.gif

Not even that, but this is literally the first time it's happened, I'd love to see the other examples outside of KD. If anything he started this whole arms race. I mean Dallas, SA, and GS the previous year all beat him organically as possible.

He's absolutely right.

I agree, he's 100% right. He shouldn't have said that stuff though. And you could tell that when other teams wer forming their "lebron stopper" teams, he gave up in the playoffs because he didn't have that.

Not even that, but this is literally the first time it's happened, I'd love to see the other examples outside of KD. If anything he started this whole arms race. I mean Dallas, SA, and GS the previous year all beat him organically as possible.
people saying hes right , yet dont name  any examples.  . 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
:rofl: @ the "outrage"

Y'all care so much about everything thing he says, let the play speak.

When KD still getting smashed on by Bron in the 2017 Finals and Steph has to take them over the top, what you gonna say then?

It's not like he's lying.

People don't like the truth anymore?

I had to read it twice to make sure I didn't miss anyrhing. Not sure why people are perturbed.
name some examples of super squads  that formed to beat him or attempt to ? 

Did you just read the headline? Read the quotes again and tell me where he said superteams?

Al he said is teams make moves to try to beat him. It's literally what every team in the east does. Same with teams in the west trying to beat GS. :lol:

Last edited:
Did you just read the headline? Read the quotes again and tell me where he said superteams?

Al he said is teams make moves to try to beat him. It's literally what every team in the east does. Same with teams in the west trying to beat GS.
laugh.gif
okay.. i read that  wrong.

i thought it said  super teams. of course teams going to try to be him , hes the defending champ and no one in the east can ever beat him.

. no duh they going to try to beat him. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
He's not the defending champ, the cavs are.

Teams don't just plan for him, they plan for the entire team.

If Steph made the same comment last year or Kobe in 11 it wouldn't be any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom