Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Your man said Curry was on Walls level as a passer.

What the hell does GS team assist have to do with a player vs player comparison? They have Klay, KD and Green. Wall has Beal, Otto and who?

Y'all use IF a lot. IF Curry was the primary ball handler. If IF was a 5th we'd all be drunk cuz.
hold on. so i CLEARLY broke down to you why currys assist numbers are lower... and your response is forget that, dont use their teams to explain it? if everyone on the team is getting assists... do u not understand the pg's assist numbers go down? do u think if u subtracted 3 assists away from wall and gave them to the other players... that he would still have 10 assists per game? o_O

i gave u solid evidence for why curry averages 6 instead of 10...and u want to negate it by saying dont bring in the team (where the rest of currys assists are going) numbers?

Last edited:
Stats don't exist in a vacuum. 

Agree. However if Wall is currently the driving force behind his team. Doing every thing out of necessity. How isn't his game more respected this season then Currys?

Do you really believe what Curry is doing is more MVP worthy then what Wall is doing right now?

fool literally just saw 10,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 versus 7,6,4,3,2,2,2,2,1,1,1,1,1 and said look... wall has 10 cuz hes the better passer. im short circuiting from the ignorance.

Agree. However if Wall is currently the driving force behind his team. Doing every thing out of necessity. How isn't his game more respected this season then Currys?

Do you really believe what Curry is doing is more MVP worthy then what Wall is doing right now?
If Curry is on the Wizards versus Wall, do the Wizards have a better record?

If Curry is on the Wizards versus Wall, do the Wizards have a better record?

ernie grunfield would be arrested for armed robbery

Quote:

hold on. so i CLEARLY broke down to you why currys assist numbers are lower... and your response is forget that, dont use their teams to explain it? if everyone on the team is getting assists... do u not understand the pg's assist numbers go down? do u think if u subtracted 3 assists away from wall and gave them to the other players... that he would still have 10 assists per game? o_O

i gave u solid evidence for why curry averages 6 instead of 10...and u want to negate it by saying dont bring in the team (where the rest of currys assists are going) numbers?

Your saying Curry doesn't average what Wall does because of how his team is made up. The only leap I can make is your implying if Curry wasn't in that roll and in a more traditional PG roll he'd be just as good as Wall as a passer.

That's a IF scenario fam. You assuming Curry would be just as effective. When before he took his current role he wasn't what John is a passer.

What the hell does GS team assist have to do with a player vs player comparison? They have Klay, KD and Green. Wall has Beal, Otto and who?

Y'all use IF a lot. IF Curry was the primary ball handler. If IF was a 5th we'd all be drunk cuz.

My guy.....look at the damn numbers when Curry was the primary Ball handler for his team which is what I said (2013-2014)

View media item 2320942

For context....this was after Monte left.....Mark Jackson was the coach....and Steph was playing a similar role to John Wall now. On the ball...as the main distributor. When he needed to play that role....he was successful in it....and the numbers are on Par with Wall's

View media item 2320943

You know what happened after 2014? Steve Kerr implemented a whole new offense predicated on pace and space TEAM PASSING....and utilizing Steph's Godly shooting and movement as a weapon....instead of him playing a traditional point. That benefits the TEAM.

So if need be....Steph has PROVEN he can do what Wall can do. Wall simply can't do what Steph can do.

warriors assists spread - 7,6,4,3,2,2,2

wiz assists spread - 10,3,1,1,1,1

Warriors 2nd leading ast guy averages as many as Wizards #2-6 ast guys combined, but he can't Math why Curry's assists don't Need to be sky high

Last edited:

My guy.....look at the damn numbers when Curry was the primary Ball handler for his team which is what I said (2013-2014)

For context....this was after Monte left.....Mark Jackson was the coach....and Steph was playing a similar role to John Wall now. On the ball...as the main distributor. When he needed to play that role....he was successful in it....and the numbers are on Par with Wall's

You know what happened after 2014? Steve Kerr implemented a whole new offense predicated on pace and space TEAM PASSING....and utilizing Steph's Godly shooting and movement as a weapon....instead of him playing a traditional point. That benefits the TEAM.

So if need be....Steph has PROVEN he can do what Wall can do. Wall simply can't do what Steph can do.

curry also is not a better passer than Wall either. only cp3 harden and bron are better in the league

curry also is not a better passer than Wall either. only cp3 harden and bron are better in the league

Never said he was.

But Steph's assist numbers don't reflect his passing ability.

He can pass if he needs to play that role (see 2013 to 2015). ***** looking at his raw assist numbers and acting like he's Kyrie or dame :lol:. Team basketball >>>> individual numbers. Y'all will get it one day.

Rubio is an amazing passer as welll. Cp3, Wall, Rubio, Bron, Harden and Russ are good as well.

View media item 2320942

View media item 2320943

What about those first 4 seasons? You completely overlook that.

Who are Currys shooters?

Walls shooters have been Ariza, Drew Gooden, Otto, the ghost of PP and Beal who's never been healthy until this season. Walls superior ability to see the floor and get those guys the ball is what separates him from Curry. That's different then passing out of double teams because players fear his 3.

If I was a NBA player and got double and triple team I can pass to open shooters. However I can't do what John can. He doesn't have the offense to be double and triple teamed. He gets his assist in a more difficult fashion.

Never said he was.

But Steph's assist numbers don't reflect his passing ability.

He can pass if he needs to play that role (see 2013 to 2015). ***** looking at his raw assist numbers and acting like he's Kyrie or dame :lol:. Team basketball >>>> individual numbers. Y'all will get it one day.

Rubio is an amazing passer as welll. Cp3, Wall, Rubio, Bron, Harden and Russ are good as well.
I already know assist numbers don't correlate with passing skill
same thing with blocks not correlating to being a good defender.
Steph is definitely a tier below Wall when it comes to passing
Collector wildin though :lol:

Last edited:

If I was a NBA player and got double and triple team I can pass to open shooters. 
If IF was a 5th we'd all be drunk cuz.

What about those first 4 seasons? You completely overlook that.

Who are Currys shooters?

Walls shooters have been Ariza, Drew Gooden, Otto, the ghost of PP and Beal who's never been healthy until this season. Walls superior ability to see the floor and get those guys the ball is what separates him from Curry. That's different then passing out of double teams because players fear his 3.

If I was a NBA player and got double and triple team I can pass to open shooters. However I can't do what John can. He doesn't have the offense to be double and triple teamed. He gets his assist in a more difficult fashion.

And....... the goal posts have been moved :rofl:

Everybody who's followed Steph currys career knows he had glass ankles...shared a backcourt with Monta and a ball hoggin Jarret Jack for his first few years.

Then made some unforeseen jumps in his game. There is a reason he's currently making $11mil a year. You look stupid right now.

I used your own stats against you....and you couldn't refute it.

When Wall can average 25-30ppg as the #1 option on a championship winning and contending team on 50/40/90 averages.....while leading the league in steals for 2 years straight and pulling down 4-5 rebounds....in under 34mpg....we will have this discussion.

Again WALL IS AMAZING! Migh be my favorite player....and he IS a better passer and defender than Steph.

But he's simply not a better player. No matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom