Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you're moving the goalposts again. :lol:

You've been saying all this time you don't want to hear about Curry having one of the best individual seasons of all time last year because that's in the past and you're only talking about this year. But then it's fair to bring up Lowry in the playoffs a few years ago?

I'm talking about shooting. The discussion changed. Lowrey has been a better shooter. Had the higher seeded team that year. Yet was swept by a team where old PP was arguably the best player. Lowrey didn't show up.

I'm still taking Lowry. I value shooting over anything and John Wall is nowhere near as good a shooter as Lowry.
How'd that shooting help him when they were swept by Washington a few seasons ago?
Man, you're moving the goalposts again.
laugh.gif

You've been saying all this time you don't want to hear about Curry having one of the best individual seasons of all time last year because that's in the past and you're only talking about this year. But then it's fair to bring up Lowry in the playoffs a few years ago?
And now the reason he has Wall over Chris Paul is because Chris Paul hasn't played enough games. But before Chris Paul's injury he was still taking Wall over everyone. It's like ninjahood in the Political thread 
laugh.gif

At least we got him to concede CP3 is better. That's a start.
this is why i stay away from these discussions on s&t. an over-reliance on stats.

y'all carry on.

Last edited:
And now the reason he has Wall over Chris Paul is becuase Chris Paul hasn't played enough games. But before Chris Paul's injury he was still taking Wall over everyone. It's like ninjahood in the Political thread :lol:

Wrong. That stat wouldn't be what it is if CP3 played in every game. See you guys do this all the time. Completely avoid my good points to harp on something else while avoiding what can't be argued. If Wall played in one game and went 20 for 20 shooting then I use that as a reason why he's better nobody would accept that. That's what your doing with CP3 right now. The best ability in sports is availability.

Every argument in the Wall vs Curry discussion could be used to proclaim Curry being better then Magic. Yet when it comes to Magic nobody will say straight up Curry is the better basketball player. I'm tryna figure out why?

Last edited:
Man this whole ASW has been trash. Hopefully the game is entertaining tomorrow :rolleyes

League gotta make the marque guys participate in the Saturday night events. This was tough to watch other than the 3 point shoot out

Last edited:
As far as college is concerned, avg 15 on the #5 team in the country > avg 25 a game at davidson.

PPG doesn't work like it does in the NBA in college man :lol: context.

Steph carried that team to the elite 8. Ucla might be done the second week of the tourney with better players on the roster

Seems like most of the stars would rather show off their outfits than participate in the events. These new cats are corny as hell. Growing up the whole all star weekend was [emoji]128293[/emoji] and was must see tv.

At the end of the day, I'm not taking Wall over CP3, Lowry, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, but that's just me.

Seems like most of the stars would rather show off their outfits than participate in the events. These new cats are corny as hell. Growing up the whole all star weekend was [emoji]128293[/emoji] and was must see tv.

They're in new orleans, i'd want to party instead too. Plus most of them have already done the events for years.

Am I the only one that thinks they set it up last night where Curry was supposed to miss those halfcourt shots so they could bring Shaq out to lift up Saeger's kid? Steph's form just looked off compared to how it usually is and I don't think that was a random split second decision to do something to guarantee $500,000 :lol:

At the end of the day, I'm not taking Wall over CP3, Lowry, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, but that's just me.

That's cool. I'd just like you to explain to me why Washington started slow and Toronto on fire yet Washingtons record is better. What's the reason behind this? What changed?

I'm sure this will be avoided and not answered.

Last edited:
Stephs elite 8 run playing alongside family men >>>>>>
Put some respek on my man Lovedale and J Rich

I mean, we have no idea how Lonzo and UCLA are going to do in the tourney but right now, sure
laugh.gif

All i'm saying is that generally speaking, scoring a lot on a low to mid major team isn't the same as scoring 15 a game with like 7 ast for the best team in the country.

Steph carried that team to the elite 8. Ucla might be done the second week of the tourney with better players on the roster
UCLA might be done in the 2nd week, because that's the nature of the tourney.

But there's really no reason to believe that they will be unless you're showing bias.

And none of this has to do with avg 25 for a low major > 15 on a high major.

Am I the only one that thinks they set it up last night where Curry was supposed to miss those halfcourt shots so they could bring Shaq out to lift up Saeger's kid? Steph's form just looked off compared to how it usually is and I don't think that was a random split second decision to do something to guarantee $500,000
laugh.gif
Steph volunteering to take that L. Nah

They were going to have the kid go out there regardless. Would have just been more money 

Dude only averaging 15 a game at ucla :lol:. Wasn't steph getting 30 plus at Davidson? I pray to God he don't get to the liangelo is better than klay talk Cuz that boy isn't that good.

You must not watch college basketball :lol:

Russ averaged 12ppg on a a UCLA team that went to the final 4. D Rose averaged 14ppg on a Memphis team that went to the final 4. Wall, 16ppg ppg on an elite 8 team.

College stats don't work like NBA stats

Last edited:
Dudes expecting kids to go YOLO in college. They'd bench the **** outta them if they think they're bigger than the team asap :lol:

GRIII did 3 nearly identical dunks and won..that tells you all you need to know about this year's dunk contest :smh:

Lol was thinkin the same but these dudes did it much better. The white dude at the end cleared to 2 dudes standing straight up and gr3? Did it with the dude ducking down a bit. Its like they watched this contest and stole all their dunks :lol:

I'm sure the $500,000 figure was discussed beforehand. I don't think Steph was missing on purpose though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom