Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was frustrating watch the Pels last night when Demarcus was guarded by a 40 year old & rarely went to the block. He had more fouls than Dirk in part because he never attacked him :lol:

Gentry would do well to simplify the offense. He has Demarcus & Davis operating like small forwards when they're on the floor together & that isn't gonna work.

When both of them are the floor they're going to have at least 1 mismatch against every team in the league.

Post up whoever has it, sit the other big on the opposite baseline just outside the paint, & play.

Wanna get fancy you can have 1 of them throw the entry pass to the other & then cut hard down the middle, if the help comes it'll probably be a foul or a corner three.

But more post ups, less faux small forward play.

If their primary offense is posting up, they not going anywhere.
If AD is going to continue being guarded by 6-8 guys, then I strongly disagree. Lotta teams going small around the league, they have an advantage on the block.

Last edited:
Bro it's pretty clear that they aren't gonna build a competent roster in the next year, it's just not feasible. Not really a wait and see scenario
Ok? So you gonna sit here and complain all year like you're doing now about how everyone coddles cousins?

I'm with you on this but at the same time you're admitting that the roster will be shaky so how can you actually really blame cousins

I was just addressing the idea of 'let them build a good team' which it seems you have just flipped on a la the process of cooking a tortilla.

Reactions: HIM
Y'all know I'm the conductor of the Cousins Libel Train but even I can't pin this on Boogie....yet. I'll wait till they don't have 9 YMCA guys filling out their roster.

Waiters got passed around the league like Doc Rivers daughter and now he's playing like an All Star for Spo in SB on a super value deal. :lol:

You know how many teams could use him right now?
im not sure if his #s reflected it but it seems like he played good in the playoffs, especially vs gsw

Yeah, I really can't blame boogie especially since there is no NBA talents outside of AD and Jrue. They have to play 40 mins a game to have a fighting chance to make the playoffs. It's a huge adjustment for the team and will take some time. But I do see it working out.

AD can gaurd smaller 4s but smallers 4s can't gaurd AD. Jrue is a big gaurds as well. They just need to surround them with actual players and you will see the wins start coming in.

Was frustrating watch the Pels last night when Demarcus was guarded by a 40 year old & rarely went to the block. He had more fouls than Dirk in part because he never attacked him :lol:

Gentry would do well to simplify the offense. He has Demarcus & Davis operating like small forwards when they're on the floor together & that isn't gonna work.

When both of them are the floor they're going to have at least 1 mismatch against every team in the league.

Post up whoever has it, sit the other big on the opposite baseline just outside the paint, & play.

Wanna get fancy you can have 1 of them throw the entry pass to the other & then cut hard down the middle, if the help comes it'll probably be a foul or a corner three.

But more post ups, less faux small forward play.
i totally agree. You have to play to your advantages.

Not to knock Gentry but they gotta bring in a coach/system that can maximize these guys talent and figure a way to destroy small ball lineups once they bring in complimentary players

@espn_macmahon Two Mavs sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the 76ers.

Regarding Otto's development, it just reiterates patience in the NBA. People were calling him a bust his first two years in the league, fastforward two years and he's going to get a max contact this summer. :lol:

Regarding Otto's development, it just reiterates patience in the NBA. People were calling him a bust his first two years in the league, fastforward two years and he's going to get a max contact this summer. :lol:

That's why it makes sense to actually play your lotto picks 30+ minutes and develop them.

So many teams are so busy trying to be mediocre that they will shuffle pieces and never develop talent like the Wizards have with Beal/Porter and will do with Oubre.

@espn_macmahon: Two Mavs sources say they expect Andrew Bogut will choose to join the Cavaliers once he receives a buyout from the 76ers.

The rich get richer :smh:

Last edited:
That's why it makes sense to actually play your lotto picks 30+ minutes and develop them.

So many teams are so busy trying to be mediocre that they will shuffle pieces and never develop talent like the Wizards have with Beal/Porter and will do with Oubre.

100%. Dudes love young prospects until they get one on their team. Then they're ready to get rid of em after summer league and move on to the next 17 year old. Rinse repeat.

Dubs the fastest team in history to clinch a playoff spot again topping they own record :pimp:

Last edited:
Bron got his help, I don't wanna hear nothing for the rest of the season. :lol:

Still picking GSW in 6.

I agree with this. I dont want to hear any excuses from Bron or the Cavs anymore. both Williams and Bogut are good signings. there is no reason to complain anymore.

Meh, all Bogut has to do is come in for like 5-8 minutes and do that same garbage he was doing on the Warriors, make easy dunks, set screens, and be a pest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom