Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what if fans en masse did what these star players did and just stopped attending/watching games? Stopped buying merchandise etc. The league would be ******. It really is disrespectful and unfair

Like what if fans en masse did what these star players did and just stopped attending/watching games? Stopped buying merchandise etc. The league would be ******. It really is disrespectful and unfair
We know that won't happen nor SHOULD it happen.

Think about how infrequently "resting players" actually happens vs. Teams NOT resting players.

That won't happen man. The product is too damn good right now

Maybe that is your issue with this topic.

You think it is a simple answer when there CLEARLY isn't.

Yes, your suggestions have holes in them because EVERYthing you suggested had a simple swerve.

Seems like you struggle to see that it isn't a simple fix here.

Last edited:
why rest all your star players same night 
Say if LeBron and Love rested, but CLE left Kyrie out there.

Would you expect Kyrie's level of production/effort/energy exerted to INcrease or DEcrease?

If I had to assume, I would think it would put Kyrie's body through more stress if the other two weren't there.

Just looking for an actual answer. Take it if you will.

why rest all your star players same night 
Say if LeBron and Love rested, but CLE left Kyrie out there.

Would you expect Kyrie's level of production/effort/energy exerted to INcrease or DEcrease?

If I had to assume, I would think it would put Kyrie's body through more stress if the other two weren't there.

Just looking for an actual answer. Take it if you will.

What's wrong with asking myrie to play like a superstar for one game?

Rest players, fine. Just let the network know so they can go elsewhere. At least give the national audience something to watch

What's wrong with asking myrie to play like a superstar for one game?
What is "wrong" with it? Nothing, but that isn't OUR call to make.

He isn't OUR player.

He "belongs" to the Cavs. If they don't want him to expend so much energy, for one game, they have the right to make that decision.

Again, PERSPECTIVE. We want to be entertained. They want to win a ring. If they think they are putting Kyrie's body at risk by letting him be a superstar for one night, and is NOT worth that risk, hey, what can we do other than complain.

Perspective.

Again, I feel for the fans that paid $ to see a full Cavs team and didn't get that chance.
Again, I feel for the fans that paid $ to see a full Cavs team and didn't get that chance.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I have to do that because dudes will find a way to flip my words and make it seem like I am saying the fans don't matter.

I just feel the fans being happy or not doesn't/shouldn't matter to a team if they are doing what THEY FEEL will put them in a better position to win a ring.

Yes, your suggestions have holes in them because EVERYthing you suggested had a simple swerve.

Bro, it doesn't NEED to be an answer to a problem. It may or may not "fix" it.
It just needs to be addressed.
Same as flopping was.
Same as hacking was.
Same as anything that normally gets addressed, was or is addressed.

Only person who thinks addressing something implies eliminating the "problem" is you.

Only person who can't understand the simplicity of implementing a rule is you.

It's not my fault you don't compute.
At least you have your opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
I'm done o it though.
I can't be clouding the thread trying explain "simple" or micro manage to you.

Last edited:
Rest players, fine. Just let the network know so they can go elsewhere. At least give the national audience something to watch
How far in advance do the Networks need to know so they can flex in another game?

They broadcast the games anyway. Give van gundy the day off patch over the local feed.

Basically what they do when they televise NBA TV games

Last edited:
Same as flopping was.
Same as hacking was.
Same as anything that normally gets addressed, was addressed.

Only person who thinks addressing something implies eliminating the "problem" is you.

Only person who can understand the simplicity of implementing a rule is you.

It needs to be addressed as in what? The League just needs to SAY something?

Who does that satisfy exactly?

Again, you are comparing this situation to things that can actually be controlled and reprimanded.

I just think this is SO different than the other issues of the past.

Same as flopping was.
Same as hacking was.
Same as anything that normally gets addressed, was or is addressed.

Only person who can understand the simplicity of implementing a rule is you.

Famb you're talking to one of the most pessimistic person on this board lol. What do you expect?

Also, how do people compare this to people using PTO/sick days? Companies provide a number of days for their employees to use. In this case, the NBA has NEVER provided formal PTO to its players, which should mean the players shouldn't get paid for sitting out games.

Last edited:
"It needs to be addressed as in what? The League just needs to SAY something?"

A rule fool! :rofl:
A. Simple. Rule.

Addressed. Come on DC. You trolling me dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom