Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are kidding about all this CJ talk right. The guy averaging 23 on elite efficiency in his 4th year? Gonna trade him for a younger guy? This back court was about to tie the Clipper series 2-2 even before everyone got hurt.

Y'all are kidding about all this CJ talk right. The guy averaging 23 on elite efficiency in his 4th year? Gonna trade him for a younger guy? This back court was about to tie the Clipper series 2-2 even before everyone got hurt.

I mean they have 2 terrible defenders in the backcourt. The splash bros 2.0 thing is cool, but they're completely dismissing the other side of the basketball. If you want exciting basketball with a lot of 3's and no defense, so be it. I just think they could be much greater with a more balanced lineup.

People were telling me their team last season was better than the one in the previous year with Wes Matthews and LMA. That's simply not true. Guarantee you if Wes Matthews doesn't get hurt, he's their starting two guard right now anyways. Maybe CJ becomes their 6th man or they trade him away in favor of some size up front.

The NT Jinx is undefeated so Portland's winning by 20 tonight. Dame/CJ combine for 65.

Thanks guys :rolleyes

Noel couldn't yield a top pick and in an awful draft.
Noel has a history of knee injuries.
Noel's defense numbers weren't great according to synergy.
Him not being the top pick says more about the GMs than Noel.

Knee concerns are valid, though this latest bout is essentially him pulling a Shaq & getting healed on company time. Philly didn't want him to do the surgery, especially so late.

His raw blocks & steals this early put him in rare company, Philly defended better when he was out there, DPBMs of 4.5 & 3.4 his first 2 years, people shot 48% at the rim against him which was comparable to Whiteside, Marc Gasol & Steven Adams. Solid rebound rate. All at 21.

I mean if CJ is bricking, what else is he giving me? His assists are on par with his fouls & turnovers & he offers little defensive value.

Last edited:
This has the potential to be one of the best NBA seasons in a while. The level of talent displayed so far is stupid. You legitimately have your top 10 guys playing like MVP candidates.

All we can hope for is a season without any catastrophic injuries.

Bron
Russ
AD
Beard
CP3
KD
Kawhi
Boogie
Blake
Steph

all are playing stupid

then, you have your

Derozan
Jimmy B
Kemba
Conley
Whitside
Zeke
Embiid
KAT
Alphabet
Wall
Porzingis
Wiggins
Lillard
CJ
Lavine

:x

however, this rookie class (outside of Embiid who really isn't apart of the class) isn't looking too good. you have a few good rotation guys, but no one looks like a surefire star at this point.
Lillard,CJ, Lavine don't belong here for current play.

the sauce 
smokin.gif

I mean they have 2 terrible defenders in the backcourt. The splash bros 2.0 thing is cool, but they're completely dismissing the other side of the basketball. If you want exciting basketball with a lot of 3's and no defense, so be it. I just think they could be much greater with a more balanced lineup.

People were telling me their team last season was better than the one in the previous year with Wes Matthews and LMA. That's simply not true. Guarantee you if Wes Matthews doesn't get hurt, he's their starting two guard right now anyways. Maybe CJ becomes their 6th man or they trade him away in favor of some size up front.

You just need to build a respectable defense around the back court and hope they improve some with time. Plenty of ways to do that. Can't just give up on really good young players cause the fit isn't perfect. It's still good, just not perfect.

Noel couldn't yield a top pick and in an awful draft.
Noel has a history of knee injuries.
Noel's defense numbers weren't great according to synergy.
Him not being the top pick says more about the GMs than Noel.

Knee concerns are valid, though this latest bout is essentially him pulling a Shaq & getting healed on company time. Philly didn't want him to do the surgery, especially so late.

His raw blocks & steals this early put him in rare company, Philly defended better when he was out there, DPBMs of 4.5 & 3.4 his first 2 years, people shot 48% at the rim against him which was comparable to Whiteside, Marc Gasol & Steven Adams. Solid rebound rate. All at 21.

I mean if CJ is bricking, what else is he giving me? His assists are on par with his fouls & turnovers & he offers little defensive value.

I remember in his rookie year, the Sixers were ranked top 10 defensively wen he was on the court. Noel is a beast and just needs the opportunity to prove it.

You just need to build a respectable defense around the back court and hope they improve some with time. Plenty of ways to do that. Can't just give up on really good young players cause the fit isn't perfect. It's still good, just not perfect.
Dumars & Zeke are the only small backcourt to do anything, and Dumars was a great defender on a historically great defense, not merely a good or respectable one.

You also had Stockton & Horny. But both of those guys played D.

Cant even blame the Blazers. Been thinking since the summer they stockpiled all the players for a trade down the road.

The Blazers seem to a log jam in the roster with big's if im not mistaken.

I really cant believe they paid turner and Crabbe that type of money when they weren't in a great position to win anything. they overachieved last year and was like ITS LIT.

This has the potential to be one of the best NBA seasons in a while. The level of talent displayed so far is stupid. You legitimately have your top 10 guys playing like MVP candidates.

All we can hope for is a season without any catastrophic injuries.

Bron
Russ
AD
Beard
CP3
KD
Kawhi
Boogie
Blake
Steph

all are playing stupid

then, you have your

Derozan
Jimmy B
Kemba
Conley
Whitside
Zeke
Embiid
KAT
Alphabet
Wall
Porzingis
Wiggins
Lillard
CJ
Lavine

:x

however, this rookie class (outside of Embiid who really isn't apart of the class) isn't looking too good. you have a few good rotation guys, but no one looks like a surefire star at this point.
Lillard,CJ, Lavine don't belong here for current play.

maybe not lavine lol but dame for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom