Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BHZzlies you might have me confused with my dog @ill steelo

I said kiwi isn't better and hasn't been better than KD. And he wouldn't be able to keep the production he had going a week into the season. And his defense would suffer some with higher scoring load. I don't argue usage.

But I did say Conley was maybe a top 8 PG and you came at me with some bogus plus minus stuff when per synergy Zeke was superior on defense

bigs dont really lose weight going forward

This is true. Usually you see guys balloon as their careers progress. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Embiid plays more than 6-7 years before sustaining an awful foot or knee injury.

I said kiwi isn't better and hasn't been better than KD. And he wouldn't be able to keep the production he had going a week into the season. And his defense would suffer some with higher scoring load. I don't argue usage.

But I did say Conley was maybe a top 8 PG and you came at me with some bogus plus minus stuff when per synergy Zeke was superior on defense

No way is Kiwi better than KD :lol:

I remember you going crazy because I said I would take Kawhi > KD going forward given his age and the fact this was his first season being put in a role similar to KD's. This is how this all got started. I still don't take it back because in 3 years, Kawhi will be just 28 years old :lol: . He's going to get better each year given this was only his first year being in an alpha dog role as the man (unless something drastic happens). I think if the Spurs get rid of Aldridge, he'll be even better.

I never said Kawhi was a better player than KD. People just assumed I thought that because I would take Kawhi on my team in the long-term over KD. It even got to a point where ya'll were comparing their matchup from the playoffs :lol: .

Conley being a top 7 or 8 PG wasn't a big deal to me :lol: . Its the same thing with him as with Kawhi. People can harp over those gaudy offensive numbers all day, but I'm still taking Conley over these offensive minded PG's outside of a few. This has been stated several times, but outside of Harden, CP3, Curry, and Westbrook, it can go in any order based on preference. Not even sure why you brought Conley up again and people going to assume it was me bringing him up :rolleyes . I've seen Conley kill NT's other favorite PG in Lillard during the playoffs. I've seen NT's other favorite PG (Lowry) look like **** against subpar comp in the playoffs.

Have you seen the numbers Zeke is giving up on the other end against opposing PG's lately? Last 7 healthy PG's put up 32 / 25 / 45 / 31 / 19 / 31 against Zeke. Yet, you going to pull some synergy numbers out your *** to say he's a better defender without factoring who he has on the court :lol: Better be lucky Shelvin Mack didn't go off on him

Last edited:
BHZzlies you're smart enough to know that PG scoring output isn't solely based on opposing PGs defense.

No synergy slander. Those numbers are documented with video evidence.

Last edited:
BHZzlies you're smart enough to know that PG scoring output isn't solely based on opposing PGs defense.

Just like I know you're smart enough to know Conley's December output isn't black & white like you tried to make it out to be :tongue:

Last edited:

Just like I know you're smart enough to know Conley's December output isn't black & white like you tried to make it out to be :tongue:

He should join chandler parsons on Snapchat if he's not close to 100%. He's hurting the team

So far, who has been overrated/ underrated this season?

Underrated:
Gordon Hayward - not getting enough love. I know people here were saying he was better than PG13, but this guy deserves an allstar nod. Don't know if he will get it.
LMA - he's been lowkey balling but you never hear about him.
Noel - this may be an unpopular opinion, but Noel is a stud with the worst luck in the league. If he does get a chance to shine, he will be a HUGE difference maker for a team in need of interior defence (ehem..Blazers)

Overrated:

Reggie Jackson - it's become clear he is a ball hog and hurts the team chemistry
Drummond - That contract :x
Bleadsoe - I personally never liked his game and his play never translated to wins.

C1WQU5UXUAEuq6v.jpg

Blazers said they have no interest in trading for Nerlens. :lol:

Team is headed in the wrong direction.

Is Portland capped out for next year? I don't think many will trade for Nerlens considering his RFA status this summer. Probably just wait until then.

Last edited:
I always want to ask...who's doing the "rating" when we talk about who's underrated/overrated?  The consensus or dominant opinion right? 

For example...I've never in my life heard someone say "Eric Bledsoe is a top 5/top 10" anything. If a player isn't being rated high by the consensus in the first place...is he "overrated"?

Bledsoe used to get hyped up big time around these parts. It would be like if giannis was top 25 at his position and his team was one of the worst in the league

Is Portland capped out for next year? I don't think many will trade for Nerlens considering his RFA status this summer. Probably just wait until then.

They have *clears throat* ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR MILLION on the books next year.

Paying 54 million for Crabbe, Turner, Leonard and Ezeli. :x

Crabbe is -2 BPM.

Turner is -2.8 BPM.

Leonard is -5.3 BPM.

Ezeli knees are made of dollar bills.

Imagine paying damn near half your cap space to actively make your team worse and having 45 million per wrapped up in your two best players who are one way players.

Last edited:
I just was listening to the podcast.

"what should the bulls do with Rajon Rondo"

:rofl:

BYEEEEEE.

That was so obvious man. I could even see that before the season.

bledsoe is better than dragic and when you factor in both sides of the ball... I might would take him over IT.
that's if bledsoe is still a good defender

They have *clears throat* ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR MILLION on the books next year.

Paying 54 million for Crabbe, Turner, Leonard and Ezeli. :x

Crabbe is -2 BPM.

Turner is -2.8 BPM.

Leonard is -5.3 BPM.

Ezeli knees are made of dollar bills.

Imagine paying damn near half your cap space to actively make your team worse and having 45 million per wrapped up in your two best players who are one way players.

They definitely drank their own Kool-Aid from last year.

This quote still gets me :lol:

" Turner's agent made him promise not to tell anyone about the proposal until he signed it. Turner was too giddy, though. He hung up with his agent, immediately called Andre Iguodala, still a close friend and mentor, and blurted out, "Yo, Dre! They offered this!" Turner recalled, laughing. Iguodala told him to take the deal right away.)"

Last edited:
I always want to ask...who's doing the "rating" when we talk about who's underrated/overrated?  The consensus or dominant opinion right? 

For example...I've never in my life heard someone say "Eric Bledsoe is a top 5/top 10" anything. If a player isn't being rated high by the consensus in the first place...is he "overrated"?

Bledsoe was mad overhyped and was regarded as a cornerstone for the Suns.

It's a mixture of media hype, general consensus, management and contract size. The Suns had one promising year but a Bledsoe led team will never win anything let alone make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom